cbcasas

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Took mine in for the “clunking” noise and the tech said it was subtle and not a foreseeable issue. I don’t get why they think this is normal for a $60K car

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Took mine in for the “clunking” noise and the tech said it was subtle and not a foreseeable issue. I don’t get why they think this is normal for a $60K car
They don't know about the SSM. Provide this and they might realize their mistake. Which is - don't question a MME Forum member.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Axle clunk 1645193488447

cbcasas

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
They don't know about the SSM. Provide this and they might realize their mistake. Which is - don't question a MME Forum member.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Axle clunk 1645193488447
I did provide the SSM. The advisor even wrote it on the labor sheet. Both the technician and the service advisor drove the car and “barely noticed” the sound and advised it wasn’t audible enough to be an issue and to reassess in a month or two. I’m bummed

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I did provide the SSM. The advisor even wrote it on the labor sheet. Both the technician and the service advisor drove the car and “barely noticed” the sound and advised it wasn’t audible enough to be an issue and to reassess in a month or two. I’m bummed
Try another dealer?

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Anyone have a video of this clunking noise? I tried one of the early posts with one attached, but the video wouldn’t play. There’s 20 odd pages so difficult to see if there’s another one!

I believe my car started with this after around 40k miles… although it’s not consistent on when it occurs so I’m not entirely sure it’sthe same problem. Mine makes a clunking noise over rough sections of the road, not always while turning, but usually if the drivers side goes over a small bump like a manhole cover or small pothole. Also happens sometimes while turning over smooth surfaces.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Anyone have a video of this clunking noise? I tried one of the early posts with one attached, but the video wouldn’t play. There’s 20 odd pages so difficult to see if there’s another one!

I believe my car started with this after around 40k miles… although it’s not consistent on when it occurs so I’m not entirely sure it’sthe same problem. Mine makes a clunking noise over rough sections of the road, not always while turning, but usually if the drivers side goes over a small bump like a manhole cover or small pothole. Also happens sometimes while turning over smooth surfaces.
I could reproduce the clunk by driving about 15 mph and jamming the steering wheel to one side. The noise is obvious and loud. Cold temperature seems to make it more obvious.

Find an empty parking lot and see if you can make the sound recur as you quicky spin the steering wheel to one side. If you can't get any clunking sound, you may have a different problem.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I could reproduce the clunk by driving about 15 mph and jamming the steering wheel to one side. The noise is obvious and loud. Cold temperature seems to make it more obvious.

Find an empty parking lot and see if you can make the sound recur as you quicky spin the steering wheel to one side. If you can't get any clunking sound, you may have a different problem.
Thanks, I’ll give it a try. I think it’s a different issue to be honest, but trying to rule it out. I tore apart the Frunk Sunday and dug into it but nothing obvious. It’s clunking loud and obvious basically all of the time on surface streets. Doesn’t happen on the highway noticeably. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I just need to spend some time to figure it out.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

Good morning! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your noise concern on my end.

Sin_Chase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD ER
Pretty sure I have this issue, Early 2021 car.

Car has been off the road at the dealer in excess of 5 weeks in the last 2 momths so I don't plan on taking it in until the new year now.

I park in the same tight multi story car park daily and hear the same noise consistently on the sharp turn down ramps and exit ramp.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Pretty sure I have this issue, Early 2021 car.

Car has been off the road at the dealer in excess of 5 weeks in the last 2 momths so I don't plan on taking it in until the new year now.

I park in the same tight multi story car park daily and hear the same noise consistently on the sharp turn down ramps and exit ramp.
Hey there! I can assist with your noise concern. Could you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info?

joecmac

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I’ve got this same issue. Sound is coming from the right hand side front wheel arch. It’s present on every left and right turn at slow speeds only. It’s going into the dealership on Thursday to be checked. I’ve attached a recording of the sound.

Sounds like I need to prepare myself for the drive shaft being replaced… massive bummer.

joecmac

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I have had the same issue (rumble/clicking sound on left/right turns - inconsistently consistent) since we received our Mach-E back in March 2021. Told the dealer about it a few times and they couldn't duplicate. Got a dealer rep to ride with me recently and they confirmed the sound and on further inspection indicated it was the CV joint/shaft. Now I'm waiting on the part.

Last edited:

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23MME GTPE, plug-in prius, 99 MBZ C43
Country flag

seconding this request for video/audio. brand new 2023 GTPE; wife and daughter heard some kind of grinding/clunking noise from the front drivers side while turning on a twisty road. wasn't able to reproduce it. in theory this car should not suffer from this problem, but seems similar to this problem.
Sponsored