Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Mine has been fine since both ½ shafts were replaced. I’ll post if the issue comes up again.
Sponsored

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Same. I haven't had the issue since both of mine were replaced months ago.
I wonder if it is temperature related and it will come back in the winter?

Winter is coming.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I wonder if it is temperature related and it will come back in the winter?

Winter is coming.
Mike, the axle clunk in my Premium was definitely temperature related. When I first got the car it was in the winter of 2021 and it clunked every time making a right turn. As soon as the weather got warmer it went away. When winter came at the end of 2021 the clunk came back just the same. Then sold the car to a friend in Arizona and he had it all during the winter and same clunk, as soon as the weather got warmer in spring of this year there, cluck went away and is still gone. I am pretty sure it will come back as soon as it gets cold there again. That might not be everyones findings but mine is temperature dependent.

It doesn't seem to bother my friend much as it is warmer more often in Arizona where he lives than where I live so he only has a month or two of cold weather.

tomking29

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Mike, the axle clunk in my Premium was definitely temperature related. When I first got the car it was in the winter of 2021 and it clunked every time making a right turn. As soon as the weather got warmer it went away. When winter came at the end of 2021 the clunk came back just the same. Then sold the car to a friend in Arizona and he had it all during the winter and same clunk, as soon as the weather got warmer in spring of this year there, cluck went away and is still gone. I am pretty sure it will come back as soon as it gets cold there again. That might not be everyones findings but mine is temperature dependent.

It doesn't seem to bother my friend much as it is warmer more often in Arizona where he lives than where I live so he only has a month or two of cold weather.
I took delivery in Feb. 2021. I’ve noticed the clunking here and there but mostly I’ve been in denial. Curious if anyone knows what happens if you push off the repair. Anyone aware of an actual drive shaft failure?

Thanks.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I got my half shafts replaced yesterday. Not sure if it is my imagination, but it feels a little better when driving. Probably my imagination.

I dropped the car of in the morning, they did all the open software updates and then the half shafts. They were done at 4:00.

JJCritch

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Health care industry
Country flag

I agree, now that it is starting to get cold again, I am noticing the clunk more. Going to finally take it in.

stlippert

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Red AWD ER
Country flag
I agree, now that it is starting to get cold again, I am noticing the clunk more. Going to finally take it in.
My MME clunks when the car is cold. After I drive for awhile, the noise stops. With temperatures in the low 40's, the noise is unmistakable when I start out. But after 20 minutes of driving, I don't hear it any more. I wonder what is mechanically going on? Am I damaging something, or just a noise?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My MME clunks when the car is cold. After I drive for awhile, the noise stops. With temperatures in the low 40's, the noise is unmistakable when I start out. But after 20 minutes of driving, I don't hear it any more. I wonder what is mechanically going on? Am I damaging something, or just a noise?
I don't think anyone has a definitive answer to your questions, but the clunk sound is definitely not normal and you should get it fixed.

cbcasas

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Is there a TSB for the front axles? Gonna text my service advisor since I'm noticing this real badly

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

cbcasas

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I got my half shafts replaced yesterday. Not sure if it is my imagination, but it feels a little better when driving. Probably my imagination.

I dropped the car of in the morning, they did all the open software updates and then the half shafts. They were done at 4:00.
Dreading taking mine in because my dealer is slow. Did you take it in before getting replaced--like a diagnosis appointment?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Dreading taking mine in because my dealer is slow. Did you take it in before getting replaced--like a diagnosis appointment?
Yes. They diagnosed the car in about an hour and then I took it home while they ordered the parts and waited for them to come in. I think it took a couple weeks for the parts to arrive, but I wasn't in a hurry. When they came in we scheduled the install and software updates.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
One more point: I had a case with Ford CS and they were following up with the dealer daily and then weekly until the repair was done. They were helpful in keeping the dealer motivated to get my car fixed.

Mach-E GT PE Jim

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E GT PE
Occupation
President
Country flag
Had our first sub-freezing weekend and the clunking came back for me. Will have to bring it in again, when it is cold. Can't make it happen when the temps are above 35.
Sponsored