Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
They have ordered me a new shaft/boot/cv for the driver side as they said that was the issue. Should be there next week, took them 3 days to update modules on the car and they still didn't finish all of them
Sponsored

mikeflash

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Convertible, Expedition, Mach e
Country flag
Hi All. Was wondering if anyone had been stranded by this clicking issue. My FE early job 1 just started making this noise. I have about 8000 miles on it and am leaving on Thursday for a 2000 miles round trip out West. If it is just annoying and occasional I will take the trip and bring it into the dealer when I get back. What is the likelihood of it breaking down in the desert? Thanks.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hi All. Was wondering if anyone had been stranded by this clicking issue. My FE early job 1 just started making this noise. I have about 8000 miles on it and am leaving on Thursday for a 2000 miles round trip out West. If it is just annoying and occasional I will take the trip and bring it into the dealer when I get back. What is the likelihood of it breaking down in the desert? Thanks.
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

msherman1

First Name
Marnr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Well we initiated a buyback & are getting rid of our mach e. We have had so many issues with the car that we believe are unfixable. Also our time is valuable, which Ford doesnt take into consideration. Our car is a lemon!

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
I had a similar concern many months ago before taking a trip, and here we still are.... unfixed. Took the trip just fine, and months later it hasn't totally broke on me. Dealer gave the car back and said I can drive it till the part comes in. This was back in February. Always hesitate when I make those certain right turns now. Never a good feeling hearing that dreaded sound.

Like many others have reported, no response or update from dealer and the ford person assigned seems to be uninterested to help once she learned the car was back in my possession and "on road." SMH. Might try starting over at another dealer that was able to get my software updates going again.

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Well we initiated a buyback & are getting rid of our mach e. We have had so many issues with the car that we believe are unfixable. Also our time is valuable, which Ford doesnt take into consideration. Our car is a lemon!
Sorry to hear that, can't say I blame ya. It's just unfortunate. Any plans on what will replace it!? 😁

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Sorry to hear that, good luck with whatever you go with. As someone with an early build I understand your decision. I'd love to swap out for a newer build but can't see that happening with the constraints/ADMs etc.

Joetz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach e and Tesla model Y
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I have a few questions about how the lemon law works. When a buyback is done do you get your money back for the car or current market value? How does this work exactly?

msherman1

First Name
Marnr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I have a few questions about how the lemon law works. When a buyback is done do you get your money back for the car or current market value? How does this work exactly?
I will post more details when I drop the car off on Thursday, when this is all done

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Always hesitate when I make those certain right turns now. Never a good feeling hearing that dreaded sound.
I think I have the same problem, and the sound is horrible. It sounds like the wheel is going to break off. I was driving aggressively, and did an abrupt and sharp left turn, and CLUNK! I said to myself, out loud (yes I sometimes talk to myself) "what the F was that???" Then I remembered seeing this thread and decided to read though all the posts. I will need to do some more testing to see if I can consistently reproduce it, but so far I have only heard that sound twice.

• Sad
Reactions: Nav

Badger66

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E ER AWD
Country flag
I think I have the same problem, and the sound is horrible. It sounds like the wheel is going to break off. I was driving aggressively, and did an abrupt and sharp left turn, and CLUNK! I said to myself, out loud (yes I sometimes talk to myself) "what the F was that???" Then I remembered seeing this thread and decided to read though all the posts. I will need to do some more testing to see if I can consistently reproduce it, but so far I have only heard that sound twice.
If it was a loud clunk at high speed then it wouldn't be the drive shaft issue a lot see as that is noticeable at low speed when turning.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Picked up my MME today, they replaced the driver front half shaft, lower control arm bolt & nut, outer tie rod nut, axle nut. Checking on drive home, appears that fixed the issue with mine. 🤞 it doesn't happen with the other side.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
If it was a loud clunk at high speed then it wouldn't be the drive shaft issue a lot see as that is noticeable at low speed when turning.
The speed was not that high, but it was aggressive. Meaning I lunged into a turn. I hit the brakes, and jammed the wheel to the left, and heard a massive "CLUNK". At the time of the sound, I was probably going 5 mph.

The more I think about it, the more I remember slight noises at slower speeds. I need to do some more sharp turns and observe what happens. Generally I don't take sharp turns and try not to turn the wheel all the way to the maximum turn in. That is probably why I have not noticed this issue.

Right now I am not in a hurry to fix this problem. My car drives just fine. Of course I do want to get it fixed, but it is not serious. I need to time the repair for when it is convenient, if that is possible. My car only has 7,000 miles so I have plenty of time to get it fixed under warranty.

Everyone else in my situation should not be worried either. If you don't turn sharply, everything seems fine. That said, it should be fixed. We should be able to make sharp turns without harming our cars.

Reactions: Nav

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Oh no! It got you too? Well I don't feel as bad. Misery loves company. Ha

I can reproduce it every time leaving my neighborhood turning right, at least 90 degrees or more, onto a 55mph road from a rolling 5mph or so. It's slightly uphill and off-camber turn. Can also reproduce when making a slight u-turn or slowish speed turn around in a cul-de-sac.

In for updates on your further testing and results.

MrsLofgreen

First Name
Shawnacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Today is the day! Dealer is finally ready for both halfshafts to be replaced, software is being updated and the panoramic glass and windshield recalls are being completed. I am going to check in with them on Monday. Anyone take advantage of the rental car that is available with one of the recalls? I may need this if the work is not complete by Monday EOD (they didn't think it would be).
Sponsored