ReelSweet

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
After putting my dogs in the backseat this morning I went to shut the door and then "CLUNK". The back door closing stop thing (no idea what to call it) was stuck in the open position and wasn't compressing in. I snapped a quick picture below. I was finally able to get it to close (compress when shutting the door).....dropped off my dogs and tried the door again and no issues. Anyone else ever have this one happen?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Back Door Closing Stop Stuck Open IMG_9052.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
ReelSweet

ReelSweet

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
So the actuator has been sticking regularly for me now and I took it to my dealer. They are looking to replace it but say the part is not available because it's on back-order and will take several months. Question for this group....do other Ford dealers typically have in-stock a part like this where I could call around to obtain it for my dealer to install?

Figured I'd ask here before making calls.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
So the actuator has been sticking regularly for me now and I took it to my dealer. They are looking to replace it but say the part is not available because it's on back-order and will take several months. Question for this group....do other Ford dealers typically have in-stock a part like this where I could call around to obtain it for my dealer to install?

I think you’ll find that MOST MME parts are on backorder across the country, unfortunately, but if you have some dealers in your area that move more BEVs than others, I’d still give them a call.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag

Yes, some dealers do keep a stock. Ask your dealer to have parts pull a dealer inventory list. I'd also ask for the part number and call around yourself, if you want.

There are also some door module updates, get the dealer to do those for you.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
No, not unless they are a huge parts dealer. That is not a commonly used part so it might only be stocked in the parts depots. You can try calling another dealer but if it's on backorder then the answer will be the same.
Sponsored