Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e gt
Country flag
  • Banned
Red River Ford in Arkansas gave me a price of 73,500 for a 2022 GTPE. I found the vehicle on autotrader and selected for the dealership to contact me. I was contacted by Michael Tarrants through text and was told that the vehicle was available for sale. I then asked for a out the door price along with a window sticker photo. I received a text. (see attachment) I then called Michael to confirm price. Price of 73,500 before tax was confirmed. I live out of state and asked him to get me a shipping quote and call me back with a total price including sales tax for the state I live in. I received a call a short time later telling me that management has decided to add a 10k markup (see attachment of transcribed voicemail) on the agreed upon price. I then called and asked to speak with a manager and was essentially told too bad too sad we are adding 10k onto the agreed upon price.

This was beyond frustrating. I have been searching for some time for this car and to finally find one with no markup and then for them to pull a bait and switch like this is flat out wrong. There's nothing that I can do, but I wanted to share this to others as a cautionary tale. 🥺

D8952A62-E4D5-4611-95F3-7FC57DCA4C93.png

68B1DCCD-FA60-46EE-AFF1-8E9FE22485C8.png

3424390D-A032-461A-8D0C-37C7B19C983F.png

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Red River Ford in Arkansas gave me a price of 73,500 for a 2022 GTPE. I found the vehicle on autotrader and selected for the dealership to contact me. I was contacted by Michael Tarrants through text and was told that the vehicle was available for sale. I then asked for a out the door price along with a window sticker photo. I received a text. (see attachment) I then called Michael to confirm price. Price of 73,500 before tax was confirmed. I live out of state and asked him to get me a shipping quote and call me back with a total price including sales tax for the state I live in. I received a call a short time later telling me that management has decided to add a 10k markup (see attachment of transcribed voicemail) on the agreed upon price. I then called and asked to speak with a manager and was essentially told too bad too sad we are adding 10k onto the agreed upon price.

This was beyond frustrating. I have been searching for some time for this car and to finally find one with no markup and then for them to pull a bait and switch like this is flat out wrong. There's nothing that I can do, but I wanted to share this to others as a cautionary tale. 🥺

Ford Mustang Mach-E Bait and switch: Red River Ford [LOCKED AND BANNED DUE TO INSULTING BEHAVIOR] 3424390D-A032-461A-8D0C-37C7B19C983F

Ford Mustang Mach-E Bait and switch: Red River Ford [LOCKED AND BANNED DUE TO INSULTING BEHAVIOR] 3424390D-A032-461A-8D0C-37C7B19C983F

So, it says owner has gotten involved, is this a used car?

Mrn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMES
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
I'm shocked at the price even without the markup. My 22 Select is a wonderful car. It's out the door price in AZ was just shy of 48,900 US dollars. Also, I think that price might nix your chance for a Federal tax rebate under the latest rules.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Also, I think that price might nix your chance for a Federal tax rebate under the latest rules.
Not exactly, if you take delivery by the end of the year you will qualify for up to $7500 in tax credit. Now, next year all bets are off and nobody really knows.

OP
OP

Teeg404

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e gt
Country flag
  • Banned
I'm shocked at the price even without the markup. My 22 Select is a wonderful car. It's out the door price in AZ was just shy of 48,900 US dollars. Also, I think that price might nix your chance for a Federal tax rebate under the latest rules.
The latest rules apply to 2023. I'm fairly certain this qualifies under the rules for 2022 models. Nothing about this price should be shocking- it's widely known and advertised on fords website. Have you driven a GTPE? What's shocking is the difference between a GT and a performance edition- I can't imagine the shock between a GTPE and a select.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I think it's pretty clear, but they didn't voice it.

They got contacted by someone they thought was local, and invited him in to see the car. He turned out to be in California. He's a) not a local customer that's going to come in for service, etc. and b) has a lot of money - because he's in California.

There are dealerships that are not selling the tight models to people outside their local areas, because they feel that their local customers come first. I heartily applaud what those dealerships are doing - a customer states away offers one chance for profit - on the sale - and these cars have no profit.

No idea if that's what happened here. Move on.

OP
OP

Teeg404

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e gt
Country flag
I think it's pretty clear, but they didn't voice it.

They got contacted by someone they thought was local, and invited him in to see the car. He turned out to be in California. He's a) not a local customer that's going to come in for service, etc. and b) has a lot of money - because he's in California.

There are dealerships that are not selling the tight models to people outside their local areas, because they feel that their local customers come first. I heartily applaud what those dealerships are doing - a customer states away offers one chance for profit - on the sale - and these cars have no profit.

No idea if that's what happened here. Move on.
I'm confused by this comment? They knew where I was from right from the start. Salesmen confirmed price. Gave me a price and then changed it. It's literally the definition of a bait and switch.

move on? Excuse me? Kick rocks clown.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I'm confused by this comment? They knew where I was from right from the start. Salesmen confirmed price. Gave me a price and then changed it. It's literally the definition of a bait and switch.

move on? Excuse me? Kick rocks clown.
So "would you like to come up and look at it", which you posted, was him thinking a person from California was going to "come up and look at" a car in Arkansas? Sure.

This was a salesperson cutting a deal that management overruled, simple as that.

And it's not the definition of bait and switch, Ronald. They didn't advertise it, with the intention of substituting inferior or more expensive goods. The item is available, not swapped out by another higher priced item. That would be "sorry, that car is gone, but here's a $90,000 one".

There are other specifics for legality in bait and switch, Pennywise, none of which are met in this situation. It's a simple situation of a salesperson telling you a price in a text message, and then being overruled by management. It may suck, Krusty, but that's the way this dealership has chosen to be.

I have to go kick rocks now, guess I'll wear my steel-tipped boots.

OP
OP

Teeg404

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e gt
Country flag
So "would you like to come up and look at it", which you posted, was him thinking a person from California was going to "come up and look at" a car in Arkansas? Sure.

This was a salesperson cutting a deal that management overruled, simple as that.

And it's not the definition of bait and switch, Ronald. They didn't advertise it, with the intention of substituting inferior or more expensive goods. The item is available, not swapped out by another higher priced item. That would be "sorry, that car is gone, but here's a $90,000 one".

There are other specifics for legality in bait and switch, Pennywise, none of which are met in this situation. It's a simple situation of a salesperson telling you a price in a text message, and then being overruled by management. It may suck, Krusty, but that's the way this dealership has chosen to be.

I have to go kick rocks now, guess I'll wear my steel-tipped boots.
I mean who are you? I don't know you and you tell me to move on? Bizarre. I doubt you'd be so rude in person, or at least you'd think twice about it. Keyboard Jedi knight

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
The latest rules apply to 2023. I'm fairly certain this qualifies under the rules for 2022 models. Nothing about this price should be shocking- it's widely known and advertised on fords website. Have you driven a GTPE? What's shocking is the difference between a GT and a performance edition- I can't imagine the shock between a GTPE and a select.
Any new car delivered and purchased by 12/31/2022 (or that binding contract stuff Rivian, Fisker, etc. all did) model year doesn't matter...

I don't know... with the 2023 GTPE going to like $78k or something and possibly only getting half the tax credit amount, If you could get this one for $78k and the full tax credit... I'd take it. See if they'll knock a bit more off.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.