Teeg404

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e gt
Country flag
Yes, dealers are not controlled by Ford with regards to pricing.

Every dealer sets their own pricing because they are an independent business working under a franchise agreement with Ford.

I got lucky with my '22 Lightning at MSRP but I waited 430 days after reserving.
My incoming '23 MME will also be MSRP less $6000 PCO with an approximate 300 days of waiting.

Looking at the new GMC Sierra Denali EV truck that was unveiled recently - at the bottom of my reservation it says "Dealer sets final price".

MSRP is $107,000 but at the end of the day, it's the dealer that sets the price - not the manufacturer.

This is reality.
Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 2.08.48 PM.png
Yes, dealers are not controlled by Ford with regards to pricing.

Every dealer sets their own pricing because they are an independent business working under a franchise agreement with Ford.

I got lucky with my '22 Lightning at MSRP but I waited 430 days after reserving.
My incoming '23 MME will also be MSRP less $6000 PCO with an approximate 300 days of waiting.

Looking at the new GMC Sierra Denali EV truck that was unveiled recently - at the bottom of my reservation it says "Dealer sets final price".

MSRP is $107,000 but at the end of the day, it's the dealer that sets the price - not the manufacturer.

This is reality.
Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 2.08.48 PM.png
this pricing strategy isn't sustainable. It wasn't THAT long ago we had MSRP or less with incentives. It's only a matter of time; basic macro economics.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
It will only take ONE. Once one OEM ramps up production and fills lots then others will follow. It will happen. Low margins high volumes. There are a lot of Americans who are looking for a new car, but can't get one due to price or availability, there's a huge market out there. The OEM who captures this market first will do very well.
Maybe. I regularly speak with a handful of CEO's from large manufacturers and their heads are in a different place then they were a few years ago. They are only interested in production that hits margin targets. Market share without margin is not worth what it once was.

OP
OP

Teeg404

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e gt
Country flag
Maybe. I regularly speak with a handful of CEO's from large manufacturers and their heads are in a different place then they were a few years ago. They are only interested in production that hits margin targets. Market share without margin is not worth what it once was.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that model only works under the assumption consumers will continue to pay MSRP+ of which they will not. It's simply not sustainable. Market forces will stabilize prices down to MSRP, whether that's through supply or demand. I see it happening now: models have been sitting on lots for 1+ months, demand is decreasing, and until an equilibrium price is realized, demand will continue to decrease.

snowdoggie

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo, Nissan, Audi 2017 SQ5, MME GT, M3
Occupation
IT Operations Manager
Country flag
Dude your like that one boyfriend that was dumped but refused to admit that it's over your so clingy on this deal and your ideals. Right now the market conditions are not in your favor. You live in CA, demand a GTPE, and also to have it in your driveway before Christmas. Guess what even if you did get that deal it may take a month to get it trucked over to you. Either bite the bullet and pay the 5k ADM for somewhere close by or wait like everyone else and place an order. The entitlement.
And stop snapping at forum users for giving you advice.

OP
OP

Teeg404

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e gt
Country flag
Dude your like that one boyfriend that was dumped but refused to admit that it's over your so clingy on this deal and your ideals. Right now the market conditions are not in your favor. You live in CA, demand a GTPE, and also to have it in your driveway before Christmas. Guess what even if you did get that deal it may take a month to get it trucked over to you. Either bite the bullet and pay the 5k ADM for somewhere close by or wait like everyone else and place an order. The entitlement.
And stop snapping at forum users for giving you advice.
the entitlement? Of what, not wanting to pay a markup? What reality do you live in? Also show me a GTPE in california with a 5k markup, I'll wait. You're the annoying kid who thinks he knows everything aren't you?
I'm so clingy because I made a post as a cautionary tale? Youre a weirdo.

snowdoggie

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo, Nissan, Audi 2017 SQ5, MME GT, M3
Occupation
IT Operations Manager
Country flag
Or better yet I'll sell you my 23 GTPE if I get it before christmas for a 5k markup of MSRP
You get a brand new 23' MY GTPE I get 5k + taxcredit + Private offer discount + Xplan
I got my vin sticker and should get it around the last week of Dec if your game.

OR place an order with a dealer and wait like most of us here have done

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that model only works under the assumption consumers will continue to pay MSRP+ of which they will not. It's simply not sustainable. Market forces will stabilize prices down to MSRP, whether that's through supply or demand. I see it happening now: models have been sitting on lots for 1+ months, demand is decreasing, and until an equilibrium price is realized, demand will continue to decrease.
The new model works in ways you may not be imagining.

In the past, manufacturers would level run plants building inventory. This has changed dramatically. Don't expect car manufacturers to run their plants simply to push inventory to dealers. In the US, dealers could have lots full of cars because the manufacturer carried that cost. Dealers, generally can not afford the carrying cost of inventory.

The US car market will function a lot more like European car market (build to order) or most luxury goods markets where supply is intentionally constrained to avoid discounts and maintain margin.
Good article on this dynamic below:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a37187201/ford-build-to-order-online-ordering-changes/

OP
OP

Teeg404

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e gt
Country flag
Or better yet I'll sell you my 23 GTPE if I get it before christmas for a 5k markup of MSRP
You get a brand new 23' MY GTPE I get 5k + taxcredit + Private offer discount + Xplan
I got my vin sticker and should get it around the last week of Dec if your game.

OR place an order with a dealer and wait like most of us here have done
Are you really that butthurt? You're in the city? Im not far, let's discuss in person.

OP
OP

Teeg404

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e gt
Country flag
The new model works in ways you may not be imagining.

In the past, manufacturers would level run plants building inventory. This has changed dramatically. Don't expect car manufacturers to run their plants simply to push inventory to dealers. In the US, dealers could have lots full of cars because the manufacturer carried that cost. Dealers, generally can not afford the carrying cost of inventory.

The US car market will function a lot more like European car market (build to order) or most luxury goods markets where supply is intentionally constrained to avoid discounts and maintain margin.
Good article on this dynamic below:

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a37187201/ford-build-to-order-online-ordering-changes/
Time will tell.

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
The latest rules apply to 2023. I'm fairly certain this qualifies under the rules for 2022 models. Nothing about this price should be shocking- it's widely known and advertised on fords website. Have you driven a GTPE? What's shocking is the difference between a GT and a performance edition- I can't imagine the shock between a GTPE and a select.
Um, there's almost no difference in performance between GT and GTPE. All data suggests any difference is result of summer tires. And that is barely any in data out there. I've driven both a ton. As daily driver, GTPE is better on rough roads and such. When u push them little difference. Nothing like the difference from GT/PE and other editions.

OP
OP

Teeg404

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e gt
Country flag
Um, there's almost no difference in performance between GT and GTPE. All data suggests any difference is result of summer tires. And that is barely any in data out there. I've driven both a ton. As daily driver, GTPE is better on rough roads and such. When u push them little difference. Nothing like the difference from GT/PE and other editions.
I've heard that the handling performance is drastically different. Maybe I heard wrong. Ummmm speed is not the only measure of performance. Handeling and ride quality must be factored

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
this pricing strategy isn't sustainable. It wasn't THAT long ago we had MSRP or less with incentives. It's only a matter of time; basic macro economics.
Unfortunately you are living in the past.

Yes, before the pandemic, it was a buyer's advantage with vehicles on the lot..

Now it's a seller's advantage like home sales - scarce supply, high demand and no longer a depreciating asset for some vehicles.

If you have to get an EV before the end of the year, look at a Tesla.

My boss loved my Lightning EV truck and really wanted one - he looked high and low and found nothing even remotely close to MSRP - all customer abandoned orders and demos were fetching $20K over MSRP.

He ended up ordering a Tesla and initially was told 6-8 weeks but it just showed up 2 weeks after ordering.

He is happy with an EV now!

OP
OP

Teeg404

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e gt
Country flag
Unfortunately you are living in the past.

Yes, before the pandemic, it was a buyer's advantage with vehicles on the lot..

Now it's a seller's advantage like home sales - scarce supply, high demand and no longer a depreciating asset for some vehicles.

If you have to get an EV before the end of the year, look at a Tesla.

My boss loved my Lightning EV truck and really wanted one - he looked high and low and found nothing even remotely close to MSRP - all customer abandoned orders and demos were fetching $20K over MSRP.

He ended up ordering a Tesla and initially was told 6-8 weeks but it just showed up 2 weeks after ordering.

He is happy with an EV now!
It's my opinion things will reach an equilibrium and if you think that's where we are at now then we can agree to disagree
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.