Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GTPE SW, 2022 F150 Lightning Platinum SW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Near the bottom it reads. Fordpass App and Modem activation. Does that mean we must pay to activate the cars modem before Bluecruise will work?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Cruise Availability Date 00C247D3-4E77-4034-B419-9E10C11BA86A
Sponsored

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Q3 means a couple of people in Texas get it late September then it gets rolled out to everyone else from November

Snowrider69

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Having Early Access, I'm looking forward to helping refine the product so while on long road trips I can make that occasional sandwich while my wife is asleep.

Unfortunately, no release date has been provided.

Until such time, I'll use ACC to take away some of the driving fatigue (which works well most of the time for me) other times, I'll do what you're supposed to do to a car.... DRIVE IT!!

Last edited:

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
If I were an individual who makes wagers, I'd wager that we'll be seeing some people getting the OTA associated with BC on or before 8/31 (maybe early access people?), then about 3 weeks later I'd wager us common folk might start seeing the associated OTA.

Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ecoboost Performance Pack, Ordered 24 i4 xDrive
Country flag
I received a message from the FordPass app 1 hour ago saying "Your BlueCruise feature is ready". This is for my GTPE that I just picked up this evening.
Can you confirm whether it's really working for your car?

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
It really should be out by now, I mean hands free driving is old technology:
Where's your other hand?
Between these two pillows.
Those aren't pillows!!!
??

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Near the bottom it reads. Fordpass App and Modem activation. Does that mean we must pay to activate the cars modem before Bluecruise will work?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Cruise Availability Date 00C247D3-4E77-4034-B419-9E10C11BA86A
I don't believe there's a fee for modem activation by itself...you need that for your standard FordPass stuff. There is a fee to activate BlueCruise, though.

Bram12

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
Pasted a snip from a Forbes article published August 26th. Not sure if they are more in the know or this is author's best guess, but they are saying expect it to drop in Q4.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Cruise Availability Date 1630095449506

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Cruise Availability Date 1630095449506
When you take delivery of your car, you install the FordPass app and "activate" it by associating it with your phone (either entering the VIN code manually or scanning the QR code).

It's just the $600 subscription for three years of service. Depending on when the car was built/sold that might have already been rolled into the price of the car.

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT PE, + ME Select AWD, '21 Explorer ST
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
I’ve looked almost everywhere and can not find the actual date for the OTA update for Blue Cruise. Does anyone know/heard when Ford is sending out this update?
Pre-installed in my newly delivered GT Perf Edition and fully active.

S/W version:
SYNC 4 Software Version: 21180_PRODUCT
Revision: 176

I have tested a couple times on a short ~2 mile stretch when it turns available and I make an exit.

It prompts in the driver / steering wheel console screen to press the cruise control button on steering wheel, and the blue indicators are on that it's active.

There is a few gentle turns that it navigates well enough and keeps distance from cars ahead.

I immediately felt confidence in it. I was used to my 2016 Ford Explorer Platinum's lane keeping system with vibrating steering wheel feedback and onscreen warnings. It was always accurate, so leads me to trust the hands free driving assistance by the Mach E.

Last edited:

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
When you take delivery of your car, you install the FordPass app and "activate" it by associating it with your phone (either entering the VIN code manually or scanning the QR code).

It's just the $600 subscription for three years of service. Depending on when the car was built/sold that might have already been rolled into the price of the car.
Do we know if the $600 is all considered a subscription fee, or is part of it purchasing the SW? Trying to figure out if there will be a $200 annual charge starting in year 4 or something less.

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
Pre-installed in my newly delivered GT Perf Edition.

S/W version:
SYNC 4 Software Version: 21180_PRODUCT
Revision: 176
So have you tried it out???????? ;) :cool:

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT PE, + ME Select AWD, '21 Explorer ST
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
So have you tried it out???????? ;) :cool:
I updated the original post noting the s/w version number.

I have tested a couple times on a short ~2 mile stretch when it turns available and I make an exit.

It prompts in the driver / steering wheel console screen to press the cruise control button on steering wheel, and the blue indicators are on that it's active.

There is a few gentle turns that it navigates well enough and keeps distance from cars ahead.

I immediately felt confidence in it. I was used to my 2016 Ford Explorer Platinum's lane keeping system with vibrating steering wheel feedback and onscreen warnings. It was always accurate, so leads me to trust the hands free driving assistance by the Mach E.
Sponsored