Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
This is a driver assistance technology not self driving. Looking away from the road for 30 seconds at highway speeds you could travel a half mile or more. Even if the system would let you do this I sincerely hope your "friend" would never look away from the road for that long. Even 4 seconds can be too much time to look away.
Thank you. I'm well aware of the dangers. I was being facetious but also trying to find out how nagging the system is by giving an example.
Sponsored

Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ecoboost Performance Pack, Ordered 24 i4 xDrive
Country flag
Thank you. I'm well aware of the dangers. I was being facetious but also trying to find out how nagging the system is by giving an example.
Ah, it's so hard to catch sarcasm through written text. I am curious as well on how long it takes for the system to start nagging the driver. Even if we would never look away for that length of time, there are certainly those out there that will. We've seen it before with Tesla's back when autopilot would let your hands be off the wheel for minutes before bugging you.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
That is a huge let down if it is a reoccurring subscription, because like otherwise I didn't see this mentioned anywhere when purchasing mine
The copilot 360 package is a technology package that enables various forms of advanced cruise control, blind spot alerts, lane keeping, evasive maneuvering, parking assist, and allows for BlueCruise. You are not required to have BlueCruise unless you have a very recent build. And in any event, you're not required to use it or renew it. In my case, the package has far more that interests me than hands-free Intelligent Cruise Control.

Plus a $200 per year price tag for hands free and the various things it requires (road and software updates) doesn't seem terribly excessive.

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
The copilot 360 package is a technology package that enables various forms of advanced cruise control, blind spot alerts, lane keeping, evasive maneuvering, parking assist, and allows for BlueCruise. You are not required to have BlueCruise unless you have a very recent build. And in any event, you're not required to use it or renew it. In my case, the package has far more that interests me than hands-free Intelligent Cruise Control.

Plus a $200 per year price tag for hands free and the various things it requires (road and software updates) doesn't seem terribly excessive.
I would add that there's no guarantee it will be $200/yr. Though it is not specified anywhere, my interpretation is that some of the initial $600 is for purchase of the software and some is the subscription. Of course I could be completely off base. ?‍♂ ;)

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
I assume some of the $200/yr is going to a legal fund. It’s just a matter of time before a car running BC gets put into a no win situation, and the lawsuits will start right after.

stlippert

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Red AWD ER
Country flag
I applied to be a beta tester for Blue Cruise, but haven't heard back about how to activate it. Is it possible I have it and don't know it. I don't have intelligent cruise turned on because it slams the brakes in construction zones. I suspect that needs to be on along with lane keeping. Anything else?

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
I applied to be a beta tester for Blue Cruise, but haven't heard back about how to activate it. Is it possible I have it and don't know it. I don't have intelligent cruise turned on because it slams the brakes in construction zones. I suspect that needs to be on along with lane keeping. Anything else?
I assume you mean you signed up for early access. There is no beta testing program. No one that signed up for EA has reported they actually received BC.
I sure hope ICC doesn't need to be turned on for BC to work. I'm not interested in the car reading speed limit signs for me.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I would add that there's no guarantee it will be $200/yr. Though it is not specified anywhere, my interpretation is that some of the initial $600 is for purchase of the software and some is the subscription. Of course I could be completely off base. ?‍♂ ;)
Also correct. The one thing I think we're safe in presuming is that it won't be $10,000 upfront plus $199 per month. ;)

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Cabbage Patch should be fine, but if you attempt Running Man, it will shut your fun down!
Huh, what about the Watusi, the Swim, or the Pony (especially the Pony!)?

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I assume some of the $200/yr is going to a legal fund. It’s just a matter of time before a car running BC gets put into a no win situation, and the lawsuits will start right after.
As BlueCruise is technically no more than an advanced version of cruise control, and not an actual autopilot program, and ford has not promised anything more than that of it, I doubt any of those lawsuits will go anywhere near a judgement for the plaintif. Ford has been meticulous about stating that BlueCruise is a driver support system, not a driver replacement system, unlike some “other” people.

tburns6

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GTPE DMG
Occupation
Network Nerd
Country flag
I noticed it tends to ping-pong a bit when you go under a long overpass, I think the shadows throw it off.

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
I assume you mean you signed up for early access. There is no beta testing program. No one that signed up for EA has reported they actually received BC.
I sure hope ICC doesn't need to be turned on for BC to work. I'm not interested in the car reading speed limit signs for me.
which is hilarious because other people getting their cars delivered now just have it. Can't have early access if it's just out now

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
Right, we are all assuming the renewal will be per-year about $200 / year based of information given, but I agree the information just says the $600 "includes a three-year service period"

Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Cruise Quick Review 1631296072032

Here is what the "fine print" says for the double-asterisk,

**Three‑year Connected Service term with regular map updates begins on service start date. To continue service, a new connected service plan must be purchased. Plans are subject to change. See your Ford Account for terms and details. Service and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent operation of connected features. Failure to regularly update could result in BlueCruise being unavailable.

Birdmanf16

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e4 X
Occupation
Retired AF, log home restoration contractor
Country flag
Will Blue Cruise apply emergency braking levels if the traffic ahead stops dead? Will it evade someone who is trying to merge into you from the left or right side? Or is the driver responsible for these evasive manuevers?
Sponsored