Bluecruise 1.3 updates weren't deployable at the dealership for Mach-E Job 1 2021

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
I thought 7.0 was on FDRS though, and some forum people had installed it themselves? So a dealer could do that right?
FDRS has no concept of the version numbers assigned by the OTA release notes. There are a set of modules included in each OTA package. FDRS would track those modules individually (and dependencies). Some components of 7.0 may be available in FDRS, depending on VIN, but I don't think there is a complete 7.0 equivalent out there yet.
Sponsored

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
No one has the new version of BC on the older models yet. So yes it is not CURRENTLY available. Just wait 1 more month for the OTAs to roll out before you complain too much.
That's simply incorrect.

avdonr

First Name
Avdon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Internally to? The dealership?
Dealerships were just told OTA fix for the CMR issue that rendered BC inoperable would be deployed mid-late March. Priority updates were sent out in the meantime (all the 23- and 24- updates). By internally I mean Ford itself not dealerships.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you? And by no one I mean public, I am sure Ford is actively testing.
If someone did have it, they would be bound by a confidentiality clause that prevents discussing it on this forum / other social media.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Country flag
Do you? And by no one I mean public, I am sure Ford is actively testing.
I think what he means is that there are a collective few with above average knowledge of these things that have figured out how to activate BC 1.4 using the available updates in FDRS for our vehicles.

corradoborg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
Ford really missed an opportunity yesterday to celebrate Pi Day with a promise of the release of BC 3.14 "soon," and an urgent OTA to tide us over with a drawing of a pie that appears in the sketch app if you tap it rapidly near the top 3.14 times. 🥧

YunniorO

First Name
Yunnior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ER (Job 2)
Country flag
I think what he means is that there are a collective few with above average knowledge of these things that have figured out how to activate BC 1.4 using the available updates in FDRS for our vehicles.
Quick question, if I had the dealer update all of my modules, would I technically still get the BC improvements - I just wouldn’t be able to turn on the new features like Predictive speed assist without the forscan edits, right? But it should still be improved?

I’m thinking about having the dealer do the module updates and making the changes in Forscan myself so that I can toggle on the new features. I’m just thinking it should still be improved (like maybe less ping ponging) if I don’t make the forscan edits.

EDIT: nvm my dealer wants $400 just to do the module updates lol

Last edited:

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Country flag
Quick question, if I had the dealer update all of my modules, would I technically still get the BC improvements - I just wouldn’t be able to turn on the new features like Predictive speed assist without the forscan edits, right? But it should still be improved?

I’m thinking about having the dealer do the module updates and making the changes in Forscan myself so that I can toggle on the new features. I’m just thinking it should still be improved (like maybe less ping ponging) if I don’t make the forscan edits.

EDIT: nvm my dealer wants $400 just to do the module updates lol
IPMA/PSCM updates will take 3 hours, so sounds about right. Also, the FORScan changes needed to activate BC 1.4 have not been made public yet. Adding the toggle switches to the APIM are not enough.

Edit: And yes, just doing the FDRS updates will greatly improve BC performance especially if coming from 1.0.

YunniorO

First Name
Yunnior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ER (Job 2)
Country flag
IPMA/PSCM updates will take 3 hours, so sounds about right. Also, the FORScan changes needed to activate BC 1.4 have not been made public yet. Adding the toggle switches to the APIM are not enough.

Edit: And yes, just doing the FDRS updates will greatly improve BC performance especially if coming from 1.0.
Sweet. Sounds like I just need to shell out the $$$ for a Mongoose so I can do the updates myself

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
No, I'm referring to OTA.

thekat03

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E CR-1, 2022 Volvo C40
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
If someone did have it, they would be bound by a confidentiality clause that prevents discussing it on this forum / other social media.
So, if the only people with Bluecruise 1.4 cannot talk about it, or got it by tinkering in Forscan, does it count as publicly out? Or are we talking about the 2024 model year cars, which may have it natively?

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So, if the only people with Bluecruise 1.4 cannot talk about it [...]
That is correct. I'm guessing its a very small number of people though.

My impression from reading these forums (I don't have another source of info)... Is that the BC 1.4 is ready, but the update process itself hit a snag and they are working that part out.

It's far better to have a slower and smooth rollout as opposed to rushing it and some number of cars are either un-driveable or lose current BlueCruise from a bug in the update process.
Ford has made good on all their promises so far (and even some nice surprises), it's just a matter of when, not if.
Sponsored