Job 1 owners - are you getting the numbered OTA updates?

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
No updates since June, apparently the dealers’ attempt at getting the BC installed gummed up the works, also disabled lane keeping. I expect once I get the dealer to do another update I’ll get back to receiving OTAs.
Sponsored

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
i had been stuck at 2.7.4 since may/june. now that i got BC installed what happens...? do i still stay stuck? is it just supposed to skip the rest of the 2.8.x etc?

OP
OP
06VistaGT

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
i had been stuck at 2.7.4 since may/june. now that i got BC installed what happens...? do i still stay stuck? is it just supposed to skip the rest of the 2.8.x etc?
In my experience, it took a few days and then I got several OTA updates in relatively rapid fashion. Started with 3.5.2 and up to 3.6.1. All within maybe 8 days or so.

Are you sure your dealer didn't update other modules? If they updated them during your visit, you won't get the OTA updates. See the PM I sent you.

FWIW, my bluecruise has never worked. But whatever module update was holding up the OTA's was resolved. So I got the OTA's. Still no BC, though...

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
In my experience, it took a few days and then I got several OTA updates in relatively rapid fashion. Started with 3.5.2 and up to 3.6.1. All within maybe 8 days or so.

Are you sure your dealer didn't update other modules? If they updated them during your visit, you won't get the OTA updates. See the PM I sent you.

FWIW, my bluecruise has never worked. But whatever module update was holding up the OTA's was resolved. So I got the OTA's. Still no BC, though...
will wait a week or two and see then, i definitely don't have youtube or A/C button. i'm actually not sure how/why i got BC successfully given the hold, which itself is a bit concerning since we don't seem to know the reason for the hold...

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
In the flurry of recent updates (on 3.6.1 now) I recall seeing one which mentioned using the volume control dial for changing the climate control settings, etc. Anyone know if this is working and how you access it? I don't see any options on how to engage this feature. Thanks!

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
May build and I got 3.5.4.2 on Nov 2. Nothing since.

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag

still nothing, been 3 weeks :( i'll wait one more and then call ford but i'm not that hopeful...

zephiyr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER RWD
Country flag
still nothing, been 3 weeks :( i'll wait one more and then call ford but i'm not that hopeful...
Same. I was going to take it in for 21G01 this month but I’m not sure if the hold on that was ever lifted.

Ashlander

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 California RT 1 ER AWD
Country flag
I've been stuck on 3.6.1 since November and thought something was wrong but I guess I'm as up-to-date as Ford wants me to be.

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
Received 4.1.2 Jan 4, 2023

Fixbear

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 SelectMachE4 SR , Mini SE
Occupation
retired, Construction Mechanic, Refrigeration tech, Ford, GMC, Chevy tech,
Country flag
I just received 3.6.2 for tonight. It's the first one since 15 June 22 for me when I got 2.8.4. Car was at the dealer in early December for the second fob and they also did heater update. Waiting on a new APIM to come in as they say it needs to be replaced.

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
just as an update the last numbered OTA i got was 2.7.4 back in may. i brought the car in to the dealership in dec for them to do the bluecruise CSP.

today i received an OTA that was labelled 3.5.3. i now see an "entertainment" tab with some new games including lane change.

i still don't see youtube anywhere, and i don't know if it means i got all the features between 2.7.4 and 3.5.3 -shrug-

OP
OP
06VistaGT

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
***UPDATE***

Power Up 4.2.2 hit a couple of days ago. On my way to work this morning, the "BlueCruise Available" pop-up came up, as it always does on enabled highways. For fun, I engaged cruise control. Voila...Hands Free BlueCruise! And on the 2 year anniversary of buying the car.

I had also tried after 4.2.1, but no luck. So something in 4.2.2 seems to have resolved the issue that two prior attempts of 21G01 had not been able to do.

For those with similar issues getting HFBC to work, suggest you try again after getting 4.2.2. Good luck!
Sponsored