Build Date slipped a week. Ugh.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
Mine is still basically the same.
It was Week of 01/18/2020 and is now Week of 01/17/2021.

[Corrected typo on date 01/18/20201 --> 01/18/2021]
It's the build week, not the build day. The email notification uses the Monday to represent your production week. The website uses the Sunday to represent that week. It's the same thing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JSOrange97

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag
Its a bummer if its a real shift. Perhaps they are readjusting some of the production dates based on real life throughput they may be seeing - just a guess. Unless there is something different about your configuration that they decided to shift by a week .
Nothing special. AWD ER Premium.

OP
OP
JSOrange97

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag
Les pauvres misère, ils ce plaignent pour 1 semaine de décalage !!! On devrait dire quoi alors nous les européens qui en sommes toujours au stade de réservation pour que vous soyez livrés le plus tôt possible ?. Alors qu'au départ cela devait être une livraison simultanée, arrêtez de vous plaindre un peu mdr
Apologies... First world problems, I know. It is a small slip in the grand scheme of things, I know.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Seems my build week just slipped a week as well, from 12/20 to 12/27.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
It’s unfortunate that some orders are slipping. Things are obviously still in flux at the factory and likely primarily due to Covid impacted parts supplies problems compounded by local Covid issues. This isn’t going away anytime soon. 2020 genuinely is a dumpster fire of a year.

I do think those with production dates through the end of this year though are fortunate in a sense. Their cars are likely to be built without facing one or more COVID shutdowns which increase in likelihood the further we get into winter. Personally I figure my February 1 build has the potential to slide a lot for reasons completely out of Ford’s control.

Let’s hope these new dates hold.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Auto plants all over are having huge supply issues. In most of these cases we’re probably seeing a few days of shift, sliding from one build week into the next.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
It is possible the builds only slipped a day or two: The website lists build week. If you didn't find out your build day perhaps it was the Friday of that week and it only slipped to Monday.

Of course this doesn't cover the people who's build week has now slipped two weeks.

Perhaps Ford his having parts issues and the ones that are slipping are due to some parts not being available (of course thinking out loud here: There really isn't that many parts differences between the different trims so....).

source.gif

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wow! They moved you up over 18,000 years! That's progress.

Sadly, I have no build date yet, and that remains the same.
Same here:mad:
It’s west from Montreal, I should receive my car at the same time as their demo, I can PM you when I know more about exact date but it should be before christmas.
Please put me on your list too:)

mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR; Fusion Energi Platinum
Country flag
It is possible the builds only slipped a day or two: The website lists build week. If you didn't find out your build day perhaps it was the Friday of that week and it only slipped to Monday.

Of course this doesn't cover the people who's build week has now slipped two weeks.

Perhaps Ford his having parts issues and the ones that are slipping are due to some parts not being available (of course thinking out loud here: There really isn't that many parts differences between the different trims so....).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Build Date slipped a week.  Ugh. source
However it also seems like there may be some reordering of the schedule. Feels like more folks with build weeks pushed back then moved forward but there have been some of both reported; logistics may be driving a re-sort perhaps.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
My Scheduled to date slipped from 12/18 to 12/22

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Has we are seeing a lot of people build date being moved buy an average 1 week would that explain the fact that there was no new dates announced for the last 3 weeks????

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
Just curious, those with shifted weeks, did you discover this by checking the website or did ford send a revised email?

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Just curious, those with shifted weeks, did you discover this by checking the website or did ford send a revised email?
Checking via ford.com, no emails or other notification.

tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Checked Ford.com
Moved back from 12-22 to 12-27 - assumption was they were down for Christmas so no confidence in that build date. 13 months after reservation. No email from Ford or word from dealer.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
My build week changed on Ford.com but I also heard from my dealer who had previously given me the precise Scheduled To date
Sponsored