California Clean Air Vehicle (CAV/HOV lane) stickers - Has anybody received theirs yet?

Mach-Tony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Grey Premium AWD
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
I picked up my car at The Ford Store Morgan Hill last Friday (6/18). They already had the stickers and put them on while I was signing all the paperwork!
I thought the stickers had to go along with the registration? In some cases, they ask for income verification because CA only allows either the CVRP or clean air access stickers if your household makes a certain amount.

lbj

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ER Infinite Blue Metallic
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I thought the stickers had to go along with the registration? In some cases, they ask for income verification because CA only allows either the CVRP or clean air access stickers if your household makes a certain amount.
Not sure about the stickers going along with the registration. I was definitely surprised that the dealer already had them, but I didn't argue. As far as the income based stickers, it appears that is only for new owners of used vehicles (DMV website):
Ford Mustang Mach-E California Clean Air Vehicle (CAV/HOV lane) stickers - Has anybody received theirs yet? ibCAV

Mach-Tony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Grey Premium AWD
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Not sure about the stickers going along with the registration. I was definitely surprised that the dealer already had them, but I didn't argue. As far as the income based stickers, it appears that is only for new owners of used vehicles (DMV website):
ibCAV.png
It actually shows the eligibility of the entire program on the application for the stickers, which you can't complete without your registration (I thought). This is what I saw that threw me off.

Ford Mustang Mach-E California Clean Air Vehicle (CAV/HOV lane) stickers - Has anybody received theirs yet? CAV.PNG

lbj

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ER Infinite Blue Metallic
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
It actually shows the eligibility of the entire program on the application for the stickers, which you can't complete without your registration (I thought). This is what I saw that threw me off.

Ford Mustang Mach-E California Clean Air Vehicle (CAV/HOV lane) stickers - Has anybody received theirs yet? CAV.PNG
Yeah, I think the wording in that chart is perhaps a little misleading. The way I understand it is if you have a BEV or plug-in hybrid and just want the CAV decals, then there is no income limitation. But if you want both the decals and the rebate (which is waitlist only for now as money had run out), then your income has to be below the amounts listed.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Anyone put on their stickers yet? I'm thinking of using just one, but curious to see what ideas others has on placement.

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
Anyone put on their stickers yet? I'm thinking of using just one, but curious to see what ideas others has on placement.
Only put the two stickers on the right side of the vehicle - the side that can be seen by CHP. Keeping the other 2 in the car in case I get stopped and have to prove I have them. Also put the stickers on PPF and then on the car so they can be removed easily when they are no longer valid. (and if someone steals them, I still have another 2 to replace them with).

kirkus02

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e, Explorer, Silverado
Country flag
Well, I received something from the DMV after 3 months waiting for my decals... My returned check and a note saying I'd filled out an older version of the CAV form ?‍♂.

I haven't really needed the carpool lane at all these last few months, so not even going to bother with it at this point lol
Which form did you use?

kirkus02

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The one from the DMV... Honestly it was in March so don't remember specifics, but pretty sure I used a link from here lol
Gotcha. I hope I used the right one...lol. But wont' find out for another month or two.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Still waiting for mine. Dealer now says DMV needs the title and a VIN verification. Did not know these stickers were so "special" !

kirkus02

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Still waiting for mine. Dealer now says DMV needs the title and a VIN verification. Did not know these stickers were so "special" !
Interesting...I wonder what that means/entails.

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag
The DMV cashed my check today!

I used Priority Mail when I mailed it and was received on May 6th; 64 days ago. Now to wait for the goods to arrive in the mail…

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Interesting...I wonder what that means/entails.
It means they have to completely re-do the title, provide to the DMV and I have to do a vin-verification with them to get the CAV decal. Really a huge error on their part!
Sponsored