Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I just got a letter for this in the mail and still have the notice in FordPass despite having TSB 22-2150 done May 13. Assuming they are the same is there a way to close this out?
Sponsored

OP
OP
gnaark

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
I just got a letter for this in the mail and still have the notice in FordPass despite having TSB 22-2150 done May 13. Assuming they are the same is there a way to close this out?
yeah same here. I think we need to contact our service dept so they can close the loop for us?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
yeah same here. I think we need to contact our service dept so they can close the loop for us?
May 13 isn't all that long ago. Some dealers file paperwork once a month or so.

OP
OP
gnaark

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
when I did the glass recall it was gone in a few days and I used the same dealer

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
when I did the glass recall it was gone in a few days and I used the same dealer
Likewise. I initially had the three warnings in FordPass and had the glass recall done at the same time and they disappeared after about a week but this one is still there. The only difference I can think of is I asked them to do TSB 22-2150 and not specifically 22B08. Did anyone else get the TSB done and have the notice disappear?

K~Mae

First Name
Keishia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I had the service done before I received my letter, when I logged out of my FordPass App and signed back in and mine was gone.

Randy

First Name
Rande
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I had the service done before I received my letter, when I logged out of my FordPass App and signed back in and mine was gone.
Anyone in the San Diego area have a Ford dealer successfully do the 22B08 update?

Jonrd2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
Same here, I had TSB-22-2150 done a few months ago but then I got the letter and 22B08 still shows in the app. My car is running fine and is able to get downloads. I fact I got the Power Up download yesterday for the recall. I am assuming then I don’t really need 22B08, and I just need to ask my dealer to close it out?

AndyR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E X
Country flag
My dealer asked if he could wait on my 22B08 as they had an F-150 get bricked with that update. He said that Ford was working on fixing the update so this wouldn't happen. My car does not get updates OTA, but they have updated me at the dealer so far for everything else.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
22B08 was updated and extended today. More vehicles may have been added as Ford tries to identify vehicles that have not been receiving OTA updates correctly. Ford plans to add non-updated vehicles to the list monthly as they are identified. You may receive a letter in the mail if your vehicle has been identified as needing the recovery process to restore OTA functionality. It is important to get this fix done so your car software doesn't become outdated and so you don't miss out on features like BlueCruise updates.

You may check if this CSP is available for your vehicle here: https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

Note: TSB 22-2150 mentioned in the CSP has been superseded by TSB 22-2404. It is important to use the updated instructions in TSB 22-2404.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Campaign 22B08 - Electronic Control Module Recovery r22B08_S2_Front

Attachments

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Thanks for the reminder...and let me add that on the 23rd Ford issued a Recommended New Vehicle Delivery Hold due to this issue.

And if you aren't getting OTAs in your '21 Mach-E and you're pretty sure you are affected, even without getting your letter in the mail, you should call your dealership service department and ask them to check and see if your VIN is on the list.

Ford can tell from the server side if your car needs to get "unstuck".

Don't wait until this program expires at the end of April '23.

For all forum members thinking about buying a used '21 Mach-E.....make sure your prospective car is able to receive OTAs. As you can well imagine, more than one previous owner have traded their car in because of software issues.

redditn00b92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E CR1
Country flag
Thanks for the reminder...and let me add that on the 23rd Ford issued a Recommended New Vehicle Delivery Hold due to this issue.

And if you aren't getting OTAs in your '21 Mach-E and you're pretty sure you are affected, even without getting your letter in the mail, you should call your dealership service department and ask them to check and see if your VIN is on the list.

Ford can tell from the server side if your car needs to get "unstuck".

Don't wait until this program expires at the end of April '23.

For all forum members thinking about buying a used '21 Mach-E.....make sure your prospective car is able to receive OTAs. As you can well imagine, more than one previous owner have traded their car in because of software issues.
Called to see if mine was on the list yesterday but it wasn't. I am still going to take it in soon because I need a new APIM and want to get that on order. Hoping they cover all the work needing to be done under this CSP, especially since a prior dealer claimed they did the bluecruise update but didn't.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Called to see if mine was on the list yesterday but it wasn't. I am still going to take it in soon because I need a new APIM and want to get that on order. Hoping they cover all the work needing to be done under this CSP, especially since a prior dealer claimed they did the bluecruise update but didn't.
Well frankly if that's the case I would take it in and specifically say the words "My BlueCruise hands-free doesn't work" and leave it at that.

If you took the car in and the service center says at the end of that process that they updated your car to BC...but you've never gotten it to work....now we're in warranty territory and it should be fixed at Ford's expense....none of this nonsense about 21G01 running out...that's not your situation. Your situation is a warranty repair situation since the the car was in for BC programming and they say they did that...but it doesn't work.

Totally different from somebody who has never had the car in at all to get BC updates under 21G01.

Attachments

dougni

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 California Route 1 RWD Ext (Job 1)
Country flag
22B08 was updated and extended today. More vehicles may have been added as Ford tries to identify vehicles that have not been receiving OTA updates correctly. Ford plans to add non-updated vehicles to the list monthly as they are identified.
It is very strange that I have this outstanding CSP for my VIN pop up just now, but have been receiving OTA updates normally since my vehicle got unstuck back in April at the dealership. They applied all the updates to get out of 1.7.1 and all the BlueCruise updates.
Sponsored