Can anyone make a suggestion for a smoother ride?

Bdsmith10

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach e premium
Country flag
I love my Mach E. But the ride suspension is a bit wonky in my opinion (way too bouncy). Has anyone else experienced this and/or have any tips on how to make better? I was thinking about purchasing new tires, but i dont know how that would affect the warranty i purchased.
Sponsored

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
There's a huge thread about this topic as it's a very prevalent issue. Short story is - no there's nothing at the moment that will fix this. People are looking into aftermarket parts (shocks/springs) that may help but it's still a few months away.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Multiple threads mention it. Tires need to be Extra Load, and that likely won't change anything.

KennyPratt42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Rt 1 AWD
Country flag
Try lowering your tire air pressure a few psi, some people have reported an improvement and it's easy to try.

OP
OP

Bdsmith10

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach e premium
Country flag
There's a huge thread about this topic as it's a very prevalent issue. Short story is - no there's nothing at the moment that will fix this. People are looking into aftermarket parts (shocks/springs) that may help but it's still a few months away.
Thank you for the response.

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Just about 60 pages of bouncy, harsh ride goodness over here -> Can't deal with the bouncy ride anymore after two weeks with the Mach-E. What do I do? | MachEforum - Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum, News, Owners, Discussions ....

Welcome to the bouncy ride club! It isn't a very fun place to be. Expect lots of recommendations that you reduce your tire pressure (doesn't help) and have your Ford dealer service department investigate (doesn't help, but please do report it to them, so maybe someday they do something about it). I recently pinged the company Steeda about their potential aftermarket offerings, but have not heard back yet. I know that they did recently borrow someone's Mach-E for testing purposes. If anything, I am betting that they bring out "performance" parts, as opposed to suspension/shock absorbers that actually work for providing a comfortable ride, but we'll see...

I am about 12,500 miles in on my Mach-E and it has been the most uncomfortable 12,500 miles I've ever driven...

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Definitely going to try that…
Won't really help the bouncing, but lower PSI gives slight improvement to the harsh jarring on less-than-perfect surfaces (my #1 disappointment). Only slight though. This thing rides almost like a pickup on weathered roads (as are common in winter weather states).

It's a dream on interstates and smooth roads, but the jarring on imperfect roads around the city is quite annoying, especially for a nearly $60k car.

But FWIW, it's a fairly common problem on many EVs (including Teslas).

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I would check the tire pressure first. Mine was set to 42 from the dealer and bringing that down to 37psi made a big difference in the ride.

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
I am about 12,500 miles in on my Mach-E and it has been the most uncomfortable 12,500 miles I've ever driven...
Have you driven a car with a sport tuned suspension before? If it's that uncomfortable I'm not sure why you wouldn't be replacing it with something on the luxury/comfort side.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
In addition to lowering tire pressure you can keep your head off the headrest. It significantly reduces the feel of getting bounces around. Also, drive faster! If you hit the bumps super fast you’ll hardly notice them … ?

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Have you driven a car with a sport tuned suspension before? If it's that uncomfortable I'm not sure why you wouldn't be replacing it with something on the luxury/comfort side.
Yes, I most definitely have. I owned a 2007 Mustang GT for a number of years. This ride is much harsher than that ever was. As for why I have not gotten rid of my MME FE yet, I do love this car aside from the ride and, from an environmental perspective, I have no plans to move away from an electric vehicle ever, but I will trade this in when Ford/Lincoln brings out a different SUV model that offers a smoother ride. I can't wait to get rid of this car, but I will wait to get rid of it until Ford/Lincoln has another fully battery electric SUV that rides comfortably.

OP
OP

Bdsmith10

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach e premium
Country flag
Just about 60 pages of bouncy, harsh ride goodness over here -> Can't deal with the bouncy ride anymore after two weeks with the Mach-E. What do I do? | MachEforum - Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum, News, Owners, Discussions ....

Welcome to the bouncy ride club! It isn't a very fun place to be. Expect lots of recommendations that you reduce your tire pressure (doesn't help) and have your Ford dealer service department investigate (doesn't help, but please do report it to them, so maybe someday they do something about it). I recently pinged the company Steeda about their potential aftermarket offerings, but have not heard back yet. I know that they did recently borrow someone's Mach-E for testing purposes. If anything, I am betting that they bring out "performance" parts, as opposed to suspension/shock absorbers that actually work for providing a comfortable ride, but we'll see...

Thank you for taking the time to respond my friend

OP
OP

Bdsmith10

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach e premium
Country flag
Because i just spent 60k on it about 3 months…Why take the time to respond with such an “unhelpful” response?
Sponsored