Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am pretty sure I know way more about MME than my dealer, and I agree with you, they provide no add value at all, I have to email them to get a little information, slow and inefficient service, not impressed at all.
Welcome to Covid. Most likely self absorbed and critical will not get us far. If you read some threads here you will find they are working on it. If there is no info yet for you call and let your dealer know as soon as he hears something to let you know. Its progressing but obviously there is another variable in the equation.

But you had a reservation since when?
As noted I think it works a bit different up here. Pure speculation from what I have seen. Dealerships had to put $ in for training and up grades to become EV certified. This was a deal, with ford, that they get an EV (s?) to sell. I think you mentioned that a lot around you have purchased I am not sure if it is the same dealer. Finding a deal that has not sold his quota may help?

I have a VIN and December 7th build date. Premium AWD carbonized grey
You are definitely the leader of the pack with that build date ? possible you will be Canada #1. I have the same trim LR. What province?

I have VIN but no build day yet.
Can your dealer see when you do?
Sponsored

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am wondering what they are doing with the price change in Canada. Has anyone heard? My dealer purports to know nothing.
Can Ford really build a high tech, over the air update car? Their website and customer interface software in Canada is pretty basic, stuck at the turn of the century.
Actually, my dealer provides no value add in this process. They are a wall between me and people that might have answers.
For the price my opinion is that it won't change until VW announces the price of the ID.4 in Canada which won't be before the beginning of the year has they have mentionned.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Ford49

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
It would help if y'all submit your information to the tracking database at
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/submitted-orders-tracking-list-and-stats-enter-yours.924/

There were no Canadian build dates to in the database when I ran an analysis yesterday.
Perhaps this is because Canada is using a different system and we don't have order numbers. We have a local dealer and a piece of paper that says we will buy a car if they ship one. Thus my concern over Ford's ability to do software.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It would help if y'all submit your information to the tracking database at
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/submitted-orders-tracking-list-and-stats-enter-yours.924/

There were no Canadian build dates to in the database when I ran an analysis yesterday.
I have nothing official to date other than a order form and a deposit receipt (contract). Have not got an email from Ford (maybe Canada is not involved in that pilot). Have nothing to report except verbals from my dealer. In a waiting game like all. I understand that all prior received build dates may not be 100% correct as schedules shift. Possible the ones received recently may be more accurate. Be good to see the first to receive one (sunny CA?). Finally get a chance to see what Ford is providing. Appears they are pushing to have a couple out for Christmas.

OP
OP
Thor188

Thor188

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKX, Audi A4
Country flag
I have nothing official to date other than a order form and a deposit receipt (contract). Have not got an email from Ford (maybe Canada is not involved in that pilot). Have nothing to report except verbals from my dealer. In a waiting game like all. I understand that all prior received build dates may not be 100% correct as schedules shift. Possible the ones received recently may be more accurate. Be good to see the first to receive one (sunny CA?). Finally get a chance to see what Ford is providing. Appears they are pushing to have a couple out for Christmas.

So I managed to obtain an e-mail address for the Ford EV section and asked about the Canadian situation vs the American. First of all I would like to thanks them for the quick response.....now we know.

Good morning Mark!

Depending on the model you selected, (GT models are not starting to build until next year) Mach-E orders are going into the order bank to be scheduled for build as we speak. Your best source for updates is now your Dealership. As soon as they have a confirmed build date and VIN, they will communicate that with you. There is a lot of activity right now as orders get scheduled across the country, but be assured you will hear something soon from your Dealer – likely mid-November.

Thank you for your email and for your purchase the Mustang Mach-E. You will be one of the first to experience Ford’s newest electric vehicle technology!!

The Ford EV Team

GreenEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Country flag
No news from my dealer still. Reached out today and waiting for a reply. Reserved mine end of December 2019, Select AWD. Oakville, Ontario.

Ford49

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
Country flag
Take y
For us old folk, turn of WHICH century?
Well, the paper form is printed, as opposed to hand written. Also, it has a phone number on it. And a fax. So I guess they made it to the end of the 20th.

• Haha
Reactions: abr

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Perhaps this is because Canada is using a different system and we don't have order numbers. We have a local dealer and a piece of paper that says we will buy a car if they ship one. Thus my concern over Ford's ability to do software.
True but it still would be valuable to know when they are scheduled for production vs where they are going and what model they are.

PeeCee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Red Mustang MachE
Country flag
Yeah, Canadian Dealerships for Ford are definitely not in the whole loop that the US has. Like everyone mentionned, everytime I hear something about the MachE, I write to my salesman and I'm always the one telling him, he's never heard about it.

I pre-ordered mine (First Edition) back in November. They took a 3,000 deposit (not sure why, I didn't question, I pre-ordered about 2h after they announced the pre-orders, so I didn't know it was 500). Since then, almost on a Monthly Basis, I would write to him to know if he had news.

Eventually (around May 2020) he forwarded me the email confirmation he had gotten in November. It came from an email from @mindshape.com and nothing about Ford. So I guess the reservations in Canada was done through another party.

Around June 2020, he called back saying he had good news. That he had gotten a message saying that my order had been set in the system. He didn't send me a VIN or any other email, just a voice message telling me that the Pre-Order had been transferred to an actual Order.

I tried to call him also about the rebates for the MachE that US got. Also had no idea. I double checked the price on the website this week compared to last summer, prices haven't budged in Canada. So I doubt we'll get the reduction.

But yeah, overall, we have no website, no emails, nothing about our MachE, other than the Dealership's sayings over emails or phone. It's a shame they aren't giving us the same tools that you guys have in the States. Many times I wondered if I was going to get my car or not. I'm supposed to get a call from the Salesman when they will get my car, hopefully, when they expect to get their first batches.

I don't eve think they are doing MachE tours in Canada like they seem to be doing in the States where people get to go see the vehicle in person either, which is a bummer :( I saw it at the Montreal Car show last year, but we weren't allowed inside.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah, Canadian Dealerships for Ford are definitely not in the whole loop that the US has. Like everyone mentionned, everytime I hear something about the MachE, I write to my salesman and I'm always the one telling him, he's never heard about it.

I pre-ordered mine (First Edition) back in November. They took a 3,000 deposit (not sure why, I didn't question, I pre-ordered about 2h after they announced the pre-orders, so I didn't know it was 500). Since then, almost on a Monthly Basis, I would write to him to know if he had news.

Eventually (around May 2020) he forwarded me the email confirmation he had gotten in November. It came from an email from @mindshape.com and nothing about Ford. So I guess the reservations in Canada was done through another party.

Around June 2020, he called back saying he had good news. That he had gotten a message saying that my order had been set in the system. He didn't send me a VIN or any other email, just a voice message telling me that the Pre-Order had been transferred to an actual Order.

I tried to call him also about the rebates for the MachE that US got. Also had no idea. I double checked the price on the website this week compared to last summer, prices haven't budged in Canada. So I doubt we'll get the reduction.

But yeah, overall, we have no website, no emails, nothing about our MachE, other than the Dealership's sayings over emails or phone. It's a shame they aren't giving us the same tools that you guys have in the States. Many times I wondered if I was going to get my car or not. I'm supposed to get a call from the Salesman when they will get my car, hopefully, when they expect to get their first batches.

I don't eve think they are doing MachE tours in Canada like they seem to be doing in the States where people get to go see the vehicle in person either, which is a bummer :( I saw it at the Montreal Car show last year, but we weren't allowed inside.
Please write to customer service on ford.ca asking for a Mach-E tour, so if all Canadians customers do that maybe we'll get one.

spazkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE GB Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I had provided this update in another thread. My dealer provided me a build date of Dec. 7th and my Vin. Used the vin through Ford Pass to pre-set the car when it comes in as well. FE grabber blue.
suggest following up with your dealer.
Sponsored