Canadian Orders / Build Dates

spazkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE GB Mustang Mach E
Country flag
No news from my dealer still. Reached out today and waiting for a reply. Reserved mine end of December 2019, Select AWD. Oakville, Ontario.
Oakville On, here as well.
Sponsored

spazkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE GB Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Yeah, Canadian Dealerships for Ford are definitely not in the whole loop that the US has. Like everyone mentionned, everytime I hear something about the MachE, I write to my salesman and I'm always the one telling him, he's never heard about it.

I pre-ordered mine (First Edition) back in November. They took a 3,000 deposit (not sure why, I didn't question, I pre-ordered about 2h after they announced the pre-orders, so I didn't know it was 500). Since then, almost on a Monthly Basis, I would write to him to know if he had news.

Eventually (around May 2020) he forwarded me the email confirmation he had gotten in November. It came from an email from @mindshape.com and nothing about Ford. So I guess the reservations in Canada was done through another party.

Around June 2020, he called back saying he had good news. That he had gotten a message saying that my order had been set in the system. He didn't send me a VIN or any other email, just a voice message telling me that the Pre-Order had been transferred to an actual Order.

I tried to call him also about the rebates for the MachE that US got. Also had no idea. I double checked the price on the website this week compared to last summer, prices haven't budged in Canada. So I doubt we'll get the reduction.

But yeah, overall, we have no website, no emails, nothing about our MachE, other than the Dealership's sayings over emails or phone. It's a shame they aren't giving us the same tools that you guys have in the States. Many times I wondered if I was going to get my car or not. I'm supposed to get a call from the Salesman when they will get my car, hopefully, when they expect to get their first batches.

I don't eve think they are doing MachE tours in Canada like they seem to be doing in the States where people get to go see the vehicle in person either, which is a bummer :( I saw it at the Montreal Car show last year, but we weren't allowed inside.
FYI, I also put $3k down. My dealer suggested $500 to reserve select or premium trims. $3k for FE.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I had provided this update in another thread. My dealer provided me a build date of Dec. 7th and my Vin. Used the vin through Ford Pass to pre-set the car when it comes in as well. FE grabber blue.
suggest following up with your dealer.
Thanks for the info my VIN shows no pre-set in ford pass which makes me wonder. You get access to an owners manual in support?

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A few weeks back my dealer told me that I have a VIN and was scheduled to be built the week of November 16th. I didn’t order mine until July 4th.
And you didn't have a reservation prior to that, and your talking about a few weeks back????
So it looks like the reservation process in Canada sucks too. I mean I had a reservation since early january and the dealer convert it to an order end of june or early july and I don't expect any VIN or build date before february/march, so if you only ordered in july I really don't understand how come you already have a VIN and built date, which I was expecting early reservations would be able to get their car by the end of the year. I'm glad for you but for sure I will investigate this from my end.

spazkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE GB Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Thanks for the info my VIN shows no pre-set in ford pass which makes me wonder. You get access to an owners manual in support?
I just looked. No owners manual, or access to any other materials. I was only able to do the presets for the car.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just looked. No owners manual, or access to any other materials. I was only able to do the presets for the car.
Access to support has been hit and miss for me; sometimes the support tap is accessible, sometimes not, but when accessed never a owners manual.

Possible the vin my dealer gave me is a dude as I have no presets :( ? What does the preset menu look like? Did you selected Canada for your local? I will wait for him to contact me again and will verify my vin and ask about ford pass. Pretty sure I wrote it down right when I got it verbally?

Anyone know if you can have multi profiles on the same account (same username/Password different phones/drivers) or do you need to create two separate accounts for two drivers of the same vehicle? Not much functionality for me with Ford Pass, on one phone, to date.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Access to support has been hit and miss for me; sometimes the support tap is accessible, sometimes not, but when accessed never a owners manual.

Possible the vin my dealer gave me is a dude as I have no presets :( ? What does the preset menu look like? Did you selected Canada for your local? I will wait for him to contact me again and will verify my vin and ask about ford pass. Pretty sure I wrote it down right when I got it verbally?

Anyone know if you can have multi profiles on the same account (same username/Password different phones/drivers) or do you need to create two separate accounts for two drivers of the same vehicle? Not much functionality for me with Ford Pass, on one phone, to date.
My question regarding Ford Pass here in Canada regarding charging is that we don't have Electrify America and Electrify Canada is to sparse to be a practical network. Will Ford Pass have a partnership with the other charging network here ?

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My question regarding Ford Pass here in Canada regarding charging is that we don't have Electrify America and Electrify Canada is to sparse to be a practical network. Will Ford Pass have a partnership with the other charging network here ?
Don't care about their map just profiles, settings and vehicle access. PlugShare is pretty good; all the Ivy's (OPG/Ont. Hydro) and your Circuit Electrique in Ontario show up. Not looking for a monopoly on charging anyway. Have you used fordpass before?

spazkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE GB Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I was only able to set my 1 profile. Maybe it's 1 profile per app/phone? Upon registration for the app, they got my address and location. Downloaded from the Apple app store in Canada. Included name (or nick name), picture, icon or initials, pre-set locations: #1 recco was your home, #2 was a charging station close to home, then you could add others. After that, they asked for any 'pre-set' departure times and if you want the car warmed up - and last was your default drive mode.

While I wasn't able to search for charging stations outside of my general location, there were plenty to choose from. Looks like most dealerships and many gas stations have some sort of charge station tracked by the app.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Don't care about their map just profiles, settings and vehicle access. PlugShare is pretty good; all the Ivy's (OPG/Ont. Hydro) and your Circuit Electrique in Ontario show up. Not looking for a monopoly on charging anyway. Have you used fordpass before?
No but I'm mostly interested by the ability to have a direct paying method with Ford Pass on any network.

JckDnls

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium
Country flag
And you didn't have a reservation prior to that, and your talking about a few weeks back????
So it looks like the reservation process in Canada sucks too. I mean I had a reservation since early january and the dealer convert it to an order end of june or early july and I don't expect any VIN or build date before february/march, so if you only ordered in july I really don't understand how come you already have a VIN and built date, which I was expecting early reservations would be able to get their car by the end of the year. I'm glad for you but for sure I will investigate this from my end.
I have zero clue as to how any of this works. I was told that the dealership wasn’t going to get a “test drive” vehicle because they didn’t want to take any orders away from people who wanted them. Maybe they’re giving me that unit.

Leonard Rae

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Platinum and Audi A-4 Quattro Convertible
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have zero clue as to how any of this works. I was told that the dealership wasn’t going to get a “test drive” vehicle because they didn’t want to take any orders away from people who wanted them. Maybe they’re giving me that unit.

Leonard Rae

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Platinum and Audi A-4 Quattro Convertible
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just joined this group and have found more about this entire process than what my dealer here in BC has provided. My purchase agreement and significant deposit was made July 6, 2020. to date nothing. I was told by the manager not to expect delivery before March 2021. But it would have been nice to have some communication from the dealer or Ford.

bullshark

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E select AWD
Country flag
I had provided this update in another thread. My dealer provided me a build date of Dec. 7th and my Vin. Used the vin through Ford Pass to pre-set the car when it comes in as well. FE grabber blue.
suggest following up with your dealer.
I added the VIN to Ford pass, but no
I just joined this group and have found more about this entire process than what my dealer here in BC has provided. My purchase agreement and significant deposit was made July 6, 2020. to date nothing. I was told by the manager not to expect delivery before March 2021. But it would have been nice to have some communication from the dealer or Ford.
Same here, we're all in dark, and dealer seems don't know anything, and don't get auto updates from Ford, unless they log in to check. Not pleasure experience, couple times makes me think maybe I should go with model Y, at least I can test drive one before confirming order.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm not sure they can even do that.
Sponsored