Perrin

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leaf 2012
Country flag
I have looked and looked for an answer to this issue here in the forum but haven't found it. If it has been resolved elsewhere please could someone direct me there.

Anyway, I have set up a schedule (first in the car and then in the app as well) for the car to charge when my electric company charges the least and for the car to only charge to 80%. The app recognized my electric company and asked if I wanted to use their times and I said yes. It sent that schedule to the car successfully. The only problem is that the car ignores it and charges immediately to 100%. I thought it might be because it doesn't recognize my garage as "home" so I deleted the "home" setting in front of the house and set the garage as home. No luck. What am I doing wrong?!

I have called Ford numerous times about this issue. Everyone was very nice but had no idea how to fix this. I got transferred to several different departments, everyone very nice but all clueless.
Sponsored

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
I have looked and looked for an answer to this issue here in the forum but haven't found it. If it has been resolved elsewhere please could someone direct me there.

Anyway, I have set up a schedule (first in the car and then in the app as well) for the car to charge when my electric company charges the least and for the car to only charge to 80%. The app recognized my electric company and asked if I wanted to use their times and I said yes. It sent that schedule to the car successfully. The only problem is that the car ignores it and charges immediately to 100%. I thought it might be because it doesn't recognize my garage as "home" so I deleted the "home" setting in front of the house and set the garage as home. No luck. What am I doing wrong?!

I have called Ford numerous times about this issue. Everyone was very nice but had no idea how to fix this. I got transferred to several different departments, everyone very nice but all clueless.
@Shayne is having the same issue

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Same here and good to hear from someone that is not in a remote location with the same problem. I have 30 or so pine trees running down my driveway do you have any obstructions? I ask Ford Engineers what mode of connection is required for the schedule to work if any. No response they are better at asking questions than answering them. Today they ask if I have any other saved locations delete them. It is like grasping at straws. I was told after a master reset not to bother trying the schedule it does not work now they want me to delete other saved locations. I have one my home and it does not work.

OP
OP

Perrin

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leaf 2012
Country flag
Same here and good to hear from someone that is not in a remote location with the same problem. I have 30 or so pine trees running down my driveway do you have any obstructions? I ask Ford Engineers what mode of connection is required for the schedule to work if any. No response they are better at asking questions than answering them. Today they ask if I have any other saved locations delete them. It is like grasping at straws. I was told after a master reset not to bother trying the schedule it does not work now they want me to delete other saved locations. I have one my home and it does not work.

OP
OP

Perrin

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leaf 2012
Country flag
I have only one location as well. Home. Frustrating!

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I hope people at Ford are still reading this forum. Charge schedules are a big deal. I hope they fix it soon.

All this talk about DCFC can wait in my opinion. Fix the L2 AC charging first. People use that over 90% of the time anyway so it really should just work as advertised. It isnt really that complicated.

OP
OP

Perrin

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leaf 2012
Country flag
I hope people at Ford are still reading this forum. Charge schedules are a big deal. I hope they fix it soon.

All this talk about DCFC can wait in my opinion. Fix the L2 AC charging first. People use that over 90% of the time anyway so it really should just work as advertised. It isnt really that complicated.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have only one location as well. Home. Frustrating!
Have no idea but have been dealing with different combinations and 4 days in the shop for this over last month and a half. Sales guy, service guy, ford. Right from day 2 I called the sales guy. They master reset the car and told me not to bother with the schedule it does not work and they are working on a fix "priority". Today they asked if I have any other saved locations delete them (like wtf). I have one. OK i did try it again after the factory defaults even if they told me not to bother and they are right it does not work. Has not since day 1 and continues after a month and a half. Better now it is getting warmer and the 12V has not died again which is a good thing.

What was your build date? What's the terrain around your home open?

OP
OP

Perrin

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leaf 2012
Country flag
It really should not be complicated. I have a 2012 Leaf as well. Set it up In its first week and it worked the first time.
Another thing that the Leaf had was an 800 number for any tech questions with a knowledgeable person on the other end of the line.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It really should not be complicated. I have a 2012 Leaf as well. Set it up In its first week and it worked the first time.
Another thing that the Leaf had was an 800 number for any tech questions with a knowledgeable person on the other end of the line.
The car drives solid just this one thing. I agree setting up a schedule is not rocket science it either works or it does not in our case it does not.

What was your build date? What's the terrain around your home open?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The car drives solid just this one thing. I agree setting up a schedule is not rocket science it either works or it does not in our case it does not.
I suspect it's not the schedule per se, but getting a match to the saved GPS location that could be the problem.

Have you manually (no schedule) charged at home multiple times to see if it might identify it as more than one saved location?

OP
OP

Perrin

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leaf 2012
Country flag
I suspect it's not the schedule per se, but getting a match to the saved GPS location that could be the problem.

Have you manually (no schedule) charged at home multiple times to see if it might identify it as more than one saved location?
Hmmm. I will have to wait several days to try this as my battery is virtually full. Do you mean just plug it in and have it start charging and add a "second" location? Then see if it is not the same as home? I have deleted "home" before and then added it back through the 'go home' button in navigation while I am parked in the garage but it's worth a try.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hmmm. I will have to wait several days to try this as my battery is virtually full. Do you mean just plug it in and have it start charging and add a "second" location? Then see if it is not the same as home? I have deleted "home" before and then added it back through the 'go home' button in navigation while I am parked in the garage but it's worth a try.
Yes. Just an outside shot based on the way Shayne described his scenario. His sounded like it was misidentifying his GPS location, being hundreds of feet off, based on what he said in another thread. I wondered if doing some more manual charges at home might end up with one or more of them being more accurate, and finding his actual location. Or at least just finding more than one location for the same charger, helping to identify that as the problem.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

That's a lot of miles to put on for a charging schedule to manually charge it prior to testing. How many times do you think before we set a schedule again? I have deleted my charging location from saved locations before the 12V and it is a process to get it back.

I sent them a marked up google map showing that sync (the cars) OS and fordpass (the app) think they are at different locations (also with the sync displayed coordinates which are somewhere in between the two and the closes to the actual location). I do not care what location they flag but it would be good to see the same location in both sync and fordpass. Right now they are 100's of yards (2 1/2 football fields) apart. Have no idea what the exact cause of the problem is. Pretty sure there is nothing I can do from my end to make it work. Delete other saved locations ya right and then I snapped. Like we are going back to the beginning and stupid user again.

Service center had to run it down a bit (think they liked that) because it is hard to keep it below 100% and difficult to test a charging schedule at 100%. They had my charger, ran it to 66% and then told me it does not work do not bother trying Ford is working on a fix and see this as a priority. Yesterday they come with delete other saved locations :(. I presume they tested it over the 4 days they had it and it did not work there either. They did not come out and tell me that Ford transparence and all.

@Perrin Would be great if we could determine something we have in common.

1) Does Fordpass and sync have the same addresses for your problem charging location?
2) What's your build date?

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That's a lot of miles to put on for a charging schedule to manually charge it prior to testing.
It saves a charging location even from just a momentary charge, so it doesn't take many miles. I only did a 2-minute charge to get it to re-record my home location in the system so I could then tie a schedule to it.

Sounds like you've already done ample testing though. If the dealer repeated the problem (charged it at the dealsership and it saved as a spot 100's of yards away), they should have all the proof they need. Kinda sounds like there's 2 different GPS units in there and one of them is miscalibrated.
Sponsored