Car not charging

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ok call me stupid but the EVSE setting is located where? Obviously not on the charger. Only had the car a week so it family with everything yet.
Usually you have to set some DIP switches inside the charger when it is installed. Some chargers default to 50A. Others default to 40A. Your charger instructions will have the exact information you need.
Sponsored

Clicker

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Usually you have to set some DIP switches inside the charger when it is installed. Some chargers default to 50A. Others default to 40A. Your charger instructions will have the exact information you need.
Thanks but if it's only a 40 amp charger how could it be set to 50?

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks but if it's only a 40 amp charger how could it be set to 50?
I was posting examples. Your installer will need to check it if you don't have access to the install instructions.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Check your fordpass app and see if it says anything about charging, like charging paused.

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Check the AMP settings in the EVSE. It might be set to 50A. It is is the MME will try to draw 48A and it will overheat the 50 A breaker. Make sure the EVSE is set to 40A.
You can also try setting it to 32A. In my experience, lowering the amperage setting on my EVSE is a better option in the summer, as 40A or 48A make the car work harder to cool itself. You get lower charging speeds, but it could be an option for you. I’ll switch back to 40A or 48A when the temps cool off in the fall.

Revinval

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Extended Premium
Country flag
The Phoenix area guys can tell you all about the thermal problems during the summer. They'll chime in I'm sure.

Were you using the included mobile charger? Is there a charge time window set in the car or FordPass? And finally, how warm was it in the greater Memphis area and your garage?

It hasn't been as hot as last year but here in PHX the only odd behavior is that battery cooling is always on past about 100 ambient when charging. Never had any issues with temp and willingness to charge.
Sponsored