Car stuck in middle of intersection, all sorts of lights and warnings. TERRIBLE service so far. *EDIT* Car fell off the rack at dealer

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Well apparently there was no damage reported to Carfax....ah that's a relief isn't it?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Car stuck in middle of intersection, all sorts of lights and warnings. TERRIBLE service so far. *EDIT* Car fell off the rack at dealer CF_Knoxville_GT

The details from Carfax.

And curiously it's listed at roughly 5K more than other '21 GTs in that same zipcode on the Carfax site.

OP
OP

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
You can definitely tell from the trunk pic that it still doesn't line up right. Bigger gap on the left side.

It doesn't have 360 camera or blue cruise. Does seem a bit over priced. I did add the rims/tires, mud flaps, weather tech mats thru out, other small things. Probably just trying to start high and go from there. GT's are still not super easy to find.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
You would be surprised how many vehicles that have repaired damage that show a clean Carfax. Carfax should not be a replacement for a trained vehicle inspector. The Carfax Guarantee has a disclaimer that they can't be held responsible for damage that was not reported.

COX owns Carfax, and Mannheim auctions, KBB, NADA, and more.
The 'Fox' is watching the henhouse.

I inspected a 2019 High Country Chevrolet Heavy Duty 4x4 on the dealers lot with a clean Carfax. $65k used vehicle. My inspection revealed it was a flood damaged vehicle the dealer bought from a Manheim Auction and their 69 point inspection 'Passed' grade sticker was on the windshield.
I pointed it out to the dealer GM, and it was passed Mannheims date for dealer return so he just sent it back through auction without disclosing a thing. The bidding dealers never knew.

Amazing what dealers do to each other. It made me so disappointed in this Major dealerships GM.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Good News! This certified CARFAX 1-owner vehicle has only had one owner before you. This vehicle is pure luxury with a heated steering wheel. Our dealership has already run the CARFAX report and it is clean. A clean CARFAX is a great asset for resale value in the future. The rear parking assist technology on this Ford Mustang Mach-E will put you at ease when reversing. The system alerts you as you get closer to an obstruction. You'll never again be lost in a crowded city or a country region with the navigation system on this Ford Mustang Mach-E. Conquer any rainy, snowy, or icy road conditions this winter with the all wheel drive system on the vehicle. Enjoy the convenience of the power liftgate on this unit. This 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E has a Electric Motor high output engine. The vehicle gleams with a flashy red exterior. This vehicle has an automatic transmission.
lol

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Wow is this a story for 20/20 or what? That looks totaled? No way, this is so sad and you my friend are the nicest customer they could have hope for this to happen. You need a new car. The dealership has to have insurance for this! This forum is really eye opening. I cannot believe this happened. What a cluster…
Sorry:(( really hope this goes your way, whatever that is.
They may be self-insured. Lots of large companies are. I found out the hard way that LaFarge was in 1998 when their driver ran a red light and hit me at 70 mph. I ended up getting a stop work order on a $7M construction project before they fedexed a check to me overnight. The largest software company in Redmond, WA is also self-insured. On 12/12/2012 working for them, I had someone here illegally run a red light and t-bone my rental car. Torn bicep tendon that couldn't be repaired and 3 other items in my shoulder that required surgery. Took a lawyer to get them to pay Avis the $27K for the totaled rental car. They then put a lien on me to recover their costs. Hard to sue someone with a fake id and who fled the country. Self-insurance is just a lottery, and the victim never wins. But, the accountants do. This dealer might have liability coverage, but only for claims greater than $1M.

jay1122

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E select AWD
Country flag
Honestly, I feel OP comes out pretty good at the end. Got a bronco MSRP and got above paid price trade in on the MME.

I am not surprised that there is no history on Carfax since it is all done internally. I just feel bad for the future buyer of that car. Paying above MSRP on a used and damaged MME. I doubt there would be unibody damage from the photo. My concern would be the suspension parts being stressed during the drop. When the problem emerge later, the dealer will always put the excuse under poor road condition like potholes. Thus not covered under warranty.
Sponsored