Chances of Ford really doing OTA's?

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Yes. Some people are super aggravated by this, but for me It's mainly just annoying because a screen on a $60k new car shouldn't buzz like this. It's possible my buzzing isn't as loud or my hearing isn't as sensitive. But the big center screen is silent so why can't the little driver screen be silent, too?
I've heard no buzz at all. Not even a little. What I do hear is the outside fake noise at low speeds.
Sponsored

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
I've heard no buzz at all. Not even a little. What I do hear is the outside fake noise at low speeds.
Good to hear no buzz. Sorry I just had to say that. I sure do hope I don't hear it either when mine arrives.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
The update is being released as a staggered release. You may be in a later group.
I get that, but wanted to know if there is a way to check the status on the app, or does it just pop up on the app when it is ready for your car?

OP
OP
milepost1

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Yup.

Ugh, they had such an opportunity here to just be transparent. Software devs that show their customers their work are far more liked.

Am I the only one that reads the release notes for software eagerly?

As an example, AMD's driver updates show the version number, new features, what was fixed, AND they show what known issues they are still working to fix, to calm people down and stop them thinking they're suffering in silence as issues occur.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Chances of Ford really doing OTA's? Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 1.24.39 PM

How much does marketing to enthusiasts matter? AMD's subreddit has over 800k members, Ford's has less than 100k. They cater to their enthusiast customers.

I think the Known Issues part is key. Ford should be saying:

Known Issues:
- Some customers may experience Phone-as-a-Key errors
- etc, etc
something like this would be great! yes i read the software notes also. Sometimes to see what they think they fixed. The list of known issues is actually reassuring, know they are working on it. actually makes the know issues less frustrating. and way less whining on my part

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Yup.

Ugh, they had such an opportunity here to just be transparent. Software devs that show their customers their work are far more liked.

Am I the only one that reads the release notes for software eagerly?

As an example, AMD's driver updates show the version number, new features, what was fixed, AND they show what known issues they are still working to fix, to calm people down and stop them thinking they're suffering in silence as issues occur.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Chances of Ford really doing OTA's? Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 1.24.39 PM

How much does marketing to enthusiasts matter? AMD's subreddit has over 800k members, Ford's has less than 100k. They cater to their enthusiast customers.

I think the Known Issues part is key. Ford should be saying:

Known Issues:
- Some customers may experience Phone-as-a-Key errors
- etc, etc
While I agree with the process, maybe AMD drivers aren't the best example, lol. You had to pick the most legendarily bad software drivers in the world, didn't you... and for good measure, to fix a CyberPunk 2077 problem. I guess this does make the Mach-E software look like the greatest in the world, lol...

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
I get that, but wanted to know if there is a way to check the status on the app, or does it just pop up on the app when it is ready for your car?
The update came without advance notice. It says it was a routine update for minor fix. Hopefully, if we will get advance notice on major update. Actually, it would be good to know what bug(s) they fixed -- especially bugs that are already in the public space.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I am not sure if this the right post for this thread but I have 5100 miles on my FE in 3 weeks. I have yet to charge anything above 240. 211 is the average. Yes I did the reset on day 1. But seriously. Does not matter if I am in town or driving day 78 on the freeway. At 100% I am getting no where near the stated mileage of 270. On the road trip to Houston from SoCal and back I was lucky to get to 150 before having to recharge.

am I the only one with this issue??,
Sponsored