Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Not that I have any compelling reason to visit, since I've already been to Mount Rushmore, Badlands National Park, and Wall Drug, but what's up with South Dakota?
It shows existing or pending corridors. They mention this does not include future corridors. Places like South Dakota are far behind and have hardly any current charging.

Last edited:

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Not that I have any compelling reason to visit, since I've already been to Mount Rushmore, Badlands National Park, and Wall Drug, but what's up with South Dakota?
LOL - look how that one corridor abruptly ends at the WY / SD border. I suspect this is just some WH aide taking a jab at Kristi Noem. Politics is so gross.

pdxzzr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
LOL - look how that one corridor abruptly ends at the WY / SD border. I suspect this is just some WH aide taking a jab at Kristi Noem. Politics is so gross.
That’s what caught my eye-the way it ends on on side and starts again in the other.

And yeah, it’s a little compulsive to think it some sort of jab (and maybe not without reason), but then there are other places/states such reasoning would apply to even more so.

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
The Alternative Fuel Corridors is not new. It was required to be developed by the FAST Act of 2015. The corridors are not the federal government picking the routes. It is up to state governments to nominate corridors to FHWA. You can look back to 2019, 2020 and find this map already existed. It isn't a Biden administration dig at SD. I'm guessing that SD did not complete the nomination process. I am willing to bet that it will be included on the next version of the map since they now have 4 DCFC stations planned along I90.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
The Alternative Fuel Corridors is not new. It was required to be developed by the FAST Act of 2015. The corridors are not the federal government picking the routes. It is up to state governments to nominate corridors to FHWA. You can look back to 2019, 2020 and find this map already existed. It isn't a Biden administration dig at SD. I'm guessing that SD did not complete the nomination process. I am willing to bet that it will be included on the next version of the map since they now have 4 DCFC stations planned along I90.
That makes a lot of sense. Thanks. There are other states like MS with the same issue. SD really just popped out on the map to me. It’s funny how all the corridors just stop at the SD borders LOL.

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Country flag
That makes a lot of sense. Thanks. There are other states like MS with the same issue. SD really just popped out on the map to me. It’s funny how all the corridors just stop at the SD borders LOL.
I'm more surprised that Wyoming is on there at all. If you look on PlugShare, they have 2 DCFC stations for the whole state - 1 in Cheyenne at a Harley dealer and one in Jackson. Three years ago, I went from Denver to Reno. My route took me to Cheyenne and then west on I-80 through Wyoming. That route is impossible with the Mach-E right now.

rockatansky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Infinite Blue Mach-E ER RWD
Country flag
I'm more surprised that Wyoming is on there at all. If you look on PlugShare, they have 2 DCFC stations for the whole state - 1 in Cheyenne at a Harley dealer and one in Jackson. Three years ago, I went from Denver to Reno. My route took me to Cheyenne and then west on I-80 through Wyoming. That route is impossible with the Mach-E right now.
I live just outside Sacramento. When visiting my sister in Colorado Springs, I would drive I-80 and take a right at Cheyenne.

Now, ABRP routes me on I-80 until SLC. Then routes me down to I-70 the rest of the way to Denver, due to the lack of fast chargers in Wyoming.

At least now the drive should be more scenic.

theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 IB, Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3,
Country flag
Some one in Oklahoma paid off the folks in DC big time. :) That is some dense coverage. No part of the state (maybe panhandle) is more than 50 miles from a charger!

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag
When I lived in apartments people parked in my assigned spot CONSTANTLY and that was just a regular space.

I think early EV adopters are going to be a little better about it, but as EV's go more mainstream you're going to have visitors, residents who live there and don't give a damn about a schedule or maximum amount of time you're supposed to be plugged in and it's going to be a nightmare.
Sponsored