Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Replace the Maverick's ICE with the MME's RWD electric motor on the rear axle plus a big battery sled under the cabin and bed and you have a Maverick EV with a space for a frunk. Not sure how it'd do efficiency-wise with its body shape, though.
I'll bet it has better aero than the Lightning!
Sponsored

SpongeBad

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang MACH E, 2013 Ford Escape
Country flag
I'll bet it has better aero than the Lightning!
Fair point. The Lightning manages that challenge through brute force - the battery is massive. I don't know if that'd be an option on the Maverick (especially if they want to keep the price down).

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Fair point. The Lightning manages that challenge through brute force - the battery is massive. I don't know if that'd be an option on the Maverick (especially if they want to keep the price down).
An electric Maverick makes sense. The Maverick is much smaller than the F-150 and given that it's already a hybrid would lend itself to a full EV. My only concern is that the Maverick is already so affordable and it's popular because of the low price and the functionality it provides. I don't see them being able to do a full EV version of the Maverick and still keep the low price, the battery alone would be most of the cost.

For some reason, I thought the new EV truck Ford was building is a ground up EV design and not a modification of an existing platform. Time will tell I guess.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
A Mach E with 800v and no 5 second rule would make me buy a GTPE. Without that, I am sticking to the Premium 4x
The Chevy is a 24 model... first year car. MMEs will have the first mid cycle refresh then. Don't know about 800v, but I expect some sort of solution for the 5 second rule by then.

StillWaitingForMachE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM ER AWD California Rt 1 MME (Mike-E)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Yes, it looks too short (height-wise). Hopefully it's just deceiving in that picture and it's really 66-70" tall. This race to flatten all new EVs to make them more aerodynamic is disappointing. Bring back some height!
Yeah, when will our EVs start looking like this!!!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Chevy Blazer EV 1655249747900

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag