Clean Vehicle Grant

88 KILOWATTS PER HOUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Chevy Bolt EUV
Country flag
Bad News. The grant has currently run out of money and is now on a reserve list. I think I was within a month of being reviewed/approved. Although they are attempting to get more funding, the ETA is unknown and not guaranteed. https://cleanvehiclegrants.org/announcement/important-program-update-reservation-list-now-in-effect/
OH FUDGE (only I didn't say fudge). Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I'll be on the Reservation List. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
Sponsored

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

88 KILOWATTS PER HOUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Chevy Bolt EUV
Country flag
I'm in Los Angeles County. I've been seriously looking at the Model Y, but also the Mach-e. There, I said it.... Just to share what I've been looking at.
I'm also in LA County. The grant would have saved both of us some serious coin. I can extend my Volt lease for up to six months (one month at a time), so I might just play the waiting game. $5K is nothing to sneeze at. Plus waiting might actually lead to more/better options later in the year.

And it's OK to be looking at other vehicles! It's best to have options.

utena

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
370z
Country flag
Bad News. The grant has currently run out of money and is now on a reserve list. I think I was within a month of being reviewed/approved. Although they are attempting to get more funding, the ETA is unknown and not guaranteed. https://cleanvehiclegrants.org/announcement/important-program-update-reservation-list-now-in-effect/
Yes...Bad News for us.
I applied on JAN 31th -Wants more proof (I sent IRS report of 2020) on Mar 16th -> Today I got an email (Now I'm final decision stage) MAR 25th.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Brian-e

Brian-e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E X Premium
Country flag
This past weekend, a dealership had the exact model we wanted (came in The evening before) so we purchased it. So happy. Absolutely love the Mach-e. Figured it was available and who knows when the grant is available. Waiting may also chance losing other rebates and incentives. We received the $2500 Ford Options incentive - which we weren’t planning on, so that helped with not having the grant.

Gaigan71

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonized Grey Route 1
Occupation
Education
Country flag
How did you time using it to purchase the car? Did you pre-order or have to request a deadline extension?
The timing would not have worked out. I ended up with a Route 1 off the lot. The Route 1 is working out very well for me.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The grant reservation list is now completely full and sadly the Rebate Project has ran out of funding. The good news is that anyone that applied still has the rebate set aside for them.

https://cleanvehiclerebate.org
Completed my application on April 14th. That was a close one. I'm income qualified so it's $4500.
Sponsored