Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If by "those 2 programs" you mean Clean Vehicle Assistance and Clean Vehicle Rebate that would be $9.5K. That follows because if you qualify for Clean Vehicle Assistance you will also qualify for $4.5K under the Clean Vehicle Rebate program.

Realistically it will be difficult to use these programs and the federal tax credits since to qualify for the former you won't have the income needed to fully use the latter.

You can use any lender. People using Vehicle Assistance may not have great credit or even any credit history, so the program makes makes a lender available. I have no idea whether Ford Options has minimum credit requirements, but those would be in place regardless.
This is where a financial partner, (planner), comes in hand. To make sure I get all of the credits, including the federal Tax credit I have to take around $35K out of my IRA. The federal tax credit will be enough to cover the tax on the IRA withdrawal. It's like taking out a IRA withdrawal tax free! That will happen on 2021 tax filings. My 2019 Tax filing is what the assistance programs are based on. Well below the requirement for CVA.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Brian-e

Brian-e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E X Premium
Country flag
Add in Fed rebate, x-plan, "options" financing, and home charger grant, and all of the sudden you hit at around $17 thousand.

Fed rebate - $75000
Cal Clean Vehicle grant - $5000
Cal Clean Vehicle Home Charger install $2000
Cal Clean Vehicle Reward - $1500
Cal Crean Vehicle Rebate - $2000
X-Plan - $875
Ford Options rebate - $2500

$21,375.00.
[/QUOTE]

I’ll add one more - there is an additional Cal Clean Vehicle Rebate on top of the $2000. It’s for another $2500 but has a tighter income restriction.
Add in Fed rebate, x-plan, "options" financing, and home charger grant, and all of the sudden you hit at around $17 thousand.

Fed rebate - $75000
X-Plan - $875

$21,375.00.
[/QUOTE]

I may be misunderstanding this, but for certain income levels, it looks like the Cal Clean Vehicle Rebate could be increased - https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/income-eligibility#increased. I’m unclear as to whether it increases it to $2500 or it’s an additional $2500. It almost reads like an additional $2500. Look at the section Increased Rebate Levels for Low– and Moderate–Income Consumers.

OP
OP
Brian-e

Brian-e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E X Premium
Country flag
I’m in the LA area and here’s a summary of what I’ve learned:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Clean Vehicle Grant E6C56352-910D-44E8-A9F4-F0A344E22E6E

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Fed rebate - $75000
X-Plan - $875

$21,375.00.
I’ll add one more - there is an additional Cal Clean Vehicle Rebate on top of the $2000. It’s for another $2500 but has a tighter income restriction.

Fed rebate - $75000
X-Plan - $875

$21,375.00.
[/QUOTE]

I may be misunderstanding this, but for certain income levels, it looks like the Cal Clean Vehicle Rebate could be increased - https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/income-eligibility#increased. I’m unclear as to whether it increases it to $2500 or it’s an additional $2500. It almost reads like an additional $2500. Look at the section Increased Rebate Levels for Low– and Moderate–Income Consumers.
[/QUOTE]
The statement on the web site is confusing, but it looks like for additional qualifying income based individual there is an additional $2500 on the all ready $2000. In any case apply away if you qualify.

OP
OP
Brian-e

Brian-e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E X Premium
Country flag
I did and I was approved. It is valid from 125 days from issuance and also provides $2k for level 2 charger installation. It took a little over 2 months for mine to come through. My dealer is on the approved list.
How did you time using it to purchase the car? Did you pre-order or have to request a deadline extension?

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
The income threshold for the grant is $51,040. If you make that much a year you shouldn’t be buying a Mach-e to begin with.

OP
OP
Brian-e

Brian-e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E X Premium
Country flag
The income threshold for the grant is $51,040. If you make that much a year you shouldn’t be buying a Mach-e to begin with.
Seems to me that's more of an opinion, confused with fact. Each family situation is different. First off, it's based on the number of people in the family. A married/domestic partner threshold is 68,960. A family of 4 is 104,800.

At any rate, this may not be appropriate for you personally, but with the FED/California grants and rebates, there's a potential savings of over $20k. I’d say that makes it much more affordable. One just needs to do their homework and be patient.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The key word s income. Reported income to be exact. I have planned for over a year to purchase a Mach E with a qualifying income. Working with our financial guy we are planning to maximizing all of the rebates. I get that not everybody can get the up to $20,00 worth of rebate, but it’s a great felling when you plan for it ahead of time.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Great for college students. The only catch I think they should live on their own. If they stay with parents my guess the parents income will count as well.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

88 KILOWATTS PER HOUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Chevy Bolt EUV
Country flag
Nope. I applied for the grant and anticipate being approved. Here’s why- my income for 2020 was slashed in half due to the pandemic. I’m also married and my spouse spent 2020 in grad school. So financially speaking it was a terrible year, but we will bounce back. Under more normal circumstances, I would have earned the $5K via work.

88 KILOWATTS PER HOUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Chevy Bolt EUV
Country flag
The key word s income. Reported income to be exact. I have planned for over a year to purchase a Mach E with a qualifying income. Working with our financial guy we are planning to maximizing all of the rebates. I get that not everybody can get the up to $20,00 worth of rebate, but it’s a great felling when you plan for it ahead of time.
You are correct sir! The incentives I qualify for here in California equate to an $18K price reduction on a new EV. It just takes research and planning. My industry was also a victim of the pandemic, which slashed my 2020 income in half. So I really can only take advantage of all these incentives in 2021. Good thing my Volt lease ends in May!

88 KILOWATTS PER HOUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Chevy Bolt EUV
Country flag
Nope. I applied for the grant and anticipate being approved. Here’s why- my income for 2020 was slashed in half due to the pandemic. I’m also married and my spouse spent 2020 in grad school. So financially speaking it was a terrible year, but we will bounce back. Under more normal circumstances, I would have earned the $5K via work.
I may have been a bit curt in my response to fayt349. The user/poster makes a good point. However, it just doesn't factor individual circumstances. As I mentioned (but will clarify)- under any other recent tax year, I would not have qualified for the $5K grant. But 2020 being what it was, I now qualify. But my window is short. It's likely that I won't qualify a year from now. I've been planning to get a new EV in 2021 for the last three years. I would have coughed up the $5K myself if my income hadn't been slashed in half (due to the pandemic). But since that did indeed happen, I can now utilize this offer.

OP
OP
Brian-e

Brian-e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E X Premium
Country flag