Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I love so many features of this car but the cross-traffic alert and collision avoidance has saved damage.
I consider myself very aware as also a motorcyclist however, most major save was when I had returned to my car and was reversing from a parking slot using the 360 camera but had forgotten I'd parked next to a concrete support pillar. Suddenly the car slammed on the brakes. When I looked up the front wing was right next to the pillar!! I would have done serious damage if the car hadn't braked. Yes I should have seen it in the 360 camera but was paying more attention to what was behind.
It also stopped when a friends pet ran behind when I was reversing. Plus several times the cross-traffic alert has been great when reversing out of my blind drive.

I hate the alerts, especially the cross traffic Alert flashing and beeping that you can't turn off. It invariably sees something AFTER I do and scares me.

reverse braking assist I turned off and LEAVE off because it freaks when it seeks my bike in rack and one time I was backing down a steep driveway, it saw the road as a 'wall', and wouldn't LET me beack out into the street until I turned off the brake assist.
Sponsored

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Yes it saved me when I was backing out of a space into a busy street in Del Mar. Whew!

Electrifiedsince2013

First Name
Kristin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang MachE, 2020 Mustang Convertible
Occupation
health care
Country flag
I hate the alerts, especially the cross traffic Alert flashing and beeping that you can't turn off. It invariably sees something AFTER I do and scares me.

reverse braking assist I turned off and LEAVE off because it freaks when it seeks my bike in rack and one time I was backing down a steep driveway, it saw the road as a 'wall', and wouldn't LET me beack out into the street until I turned off the brake assist.
When I first got my MME, I had the same issue with my driveway. (Fairly steep). I was able to overcome it by going at an angle out of the driveway. I back in almost all of the time (that’s my preference for all vehicles and the best way to plug in). I learned real quick that backing out is tricky with the break assist.

Xadion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD SR - Plat Graphite
Country flag
Out inifiti qx60 has saved us twice from what would have been major crashes on the interstate, both times in SC on our FL to NC trip. Nissan has a cool tech on their sonar that also shoots it under the car infront of you to the next car. Both times our car started breaking, beeping and lighting up like a Christmas tree before the car infront started to even break.

I think that tech has gone out of exlucivity and everyone uses it like the 360cams
Sponsored