New issue(s) today - Sync / Collision avoidance

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Could have been something on the sensor/camera. Or, you mentioned the road splits I think, perhaps it got confused by which way you are going and thought you were heading off the road into a ditch or the woods or something.

You could try the road again, see if it happens there (unless you already take this route quite often and it hasn't happened before)

I think others are right about the sync system. Haven't happened for me with sync but Google and Alexa do it quite often.
Sponsored

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
You can change cruise control from "intelligent" to "adaptive". I don't find automatically adjusting set speed of cruise control a useful feature. I think that's the only difference.
Yeah, I know I can do that. But I like the automatic adjustment for changes in the speed limits. I just want it to be more intelligent in terms of knowing that school zone limits don't apply outside of school hours.

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
School zones are not detected by sign reading - it's based on map data, and the map data is horrible, at least in my area. My car detects 4 school zones - only one is actually a school, and two others are not detected. Add to that, in Illinois, the speed limits are only in force when kids are present outside the building between 7:00 AM and 4:00 PM. There is no way this can work.
I disabled mine.
I am finding that the "intelligent" ACC does react to construction zone speed limits. So, does it get the construction zone info from map data or from some other source?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I am finding that the "intelligent" ACC does react to construction zone speed limits. So, does it get the construction zone info from map data or from some other source?
It reacts to construction zone speed limits because they are Posted. As you drive by, the car reads the speed limit sign and adjusts. It seems to ignore any speed limit sign that has anything else on it besides "Speed Limit 55" so any of the other signs with speed, it seems to ignore, such as school zone signs.

OP
OP
Maquis

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Interesting note: The U.S. owners manual only mentions "Speed sign recognition", while the European version mentions "Traffic sign recognition."

The EU version:
The system detects recognizable traffic signs, for example:
•Speed limit signs.
•No overtaking signs.
•Speed limit cancellation signs.
•No overtaking cancellation signs.

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
It reacts to construction zone speed limits because they are Posted. As you drive by, the car reads the speed limit sign and adjusts. It seems to ignore any speed limit sign that has anything else on it besides "Speed Limit 55" so any of the other signs with speed, it seems to ignore, such as school zone signs.
Exactly.

It ignores things like "exit/ramp speed limit XY" regardless whether I take the exit/ramp. If there's a side road with a plain "speed limit XY" that is visible from the main road, it reads that.

From the perspective of writing code, the behavior/heuristic makes perfect sense. I find the hint in the instrument cluster very helpful. But it definitely isn't good enough to be blindly relied upon.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Today I can verify it seems to read and understand "End Speed Zone" signs as well.

Passed one and it went up to 55mph from 25mph.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Tried out intelligent cruise control on 95 outside the beltway yesterday, where there are main lanes and HOT lanes. The HOT lanes have variable speed limits that are usually 65, and the main lanes are 55. The car couldn’t tell which ones applied to me, so kept shutting between 65 and 55 mph ...

Except for one time where it misread the variable speed limit sign and shot up to 85! That’s gonna get someone a ticket.

mjmind

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 2023 MME GT
Country flag
this warning was on our car when we picked it up from the Dealer, stayed on and cruise wouldn't work. It was off the next time we drove it, and good yesterday. Today came on when my wife was driving (no stop signs here, very few speed limit signs), it went off when she turned into our drive way, back out and cruise worked again, just strange. The dealer really didn't know, since they have only sold 2 or 3 units. hopefully it stays off.
Sponsored