Confirm Options/Color Prior to Build?

djett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
I changed my color between placing the reservation and placing my order. The dealership sent me confirmation of my order showing the correct color. Ford.com still shows the incorrect color. Is there any type of additional confirmation, prior to start of production, of the color/options that you've chosen. Or should I feel confident that as long as the dealer order has the correct color that production will be correct?
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I changed my color between placing the reservation and placing my order. The dealership sent me confirmation of my order showing the correct color. Ford.com still shows the incorrect color. Is there any type of additional confirmation, prior to start of production, of the color/options that you've chosen. Or should I feel confident that as long as the dealer order has the correct color that production will be correct?
Do you know your VIN?

OP
OP

djett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
Do you know your VIN?
Not yet. I am assuming I can get that tomorrow when I go check out the Mach E at the dealer. So, once I have it I'm guessing that will help me out?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not yet. I am assuming I can get that tomorrow when I go check out the Mach E at the dealer. So, once I have it I'm guessing that will help me out?
When you have a VIN, you can look up the vehicle at:

https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/status

It's not necessarily up to date with all the dates, but the color and specs should be correct.

However, even without the VIN, your dealer should be able to print (or email) you a copy of the WBDO (order bank) order. That will list the color as well.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Do any of you see a front license plate bracket in the order details when you look up your vin?

Just hoping to clarify whether mine was ordered with that option or not.
I think its standard whether one wants it or not - it is affixed by the dealer , so if your dealer does not do it at your request, I am guessing you get to take it home

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I had my dealer change the color for my MachDrop FE and the VIN check shows the corrected color. But it took me two rounds of correction or correction requests before the build date was provided.

codeGR

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Edge Titanium, (on order) 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Standard Range
Country flag
I was sitting in the dealership with my salesman and I made sure he didn't order any front plate bracket as he was submitting the order.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
It's not showing on my VIN page, even though it is on my WBDO page.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Confirm Options/Color Prior to Build? Firefox_Screenshot_2020-11-13T21-13-39.193Z
OK thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know.

When my vehicle is finally en route to my dealer, I'll check in with the dealer to ensure they do not attach any plate (if one is present).