Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Shadow Black Mach-e GT, 2018 Camaro SS
Occupation
Not a paid assassin!
Country flag
I've had these installed for a few months now, since I saw them in the original thread. No loctite and no special 3M tape. I've also taken them off a couple times without issue. I'm pretty comfortable trusting them to stay on as is, and I like that I can pull them off pretty quickly if needed.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Would putting one of the screws or longer ones into the other hole in the puck stop the backing from spinning. Not sure that would work on both front and back but worth a try
The second hole on the puck I tried to remove (driver's front) is up against metal, but this gives an idea: if I loose the rocker panel trim I can lift it enough to slide the puck toward the outside of the car which should hopefully allow me to get another bolt into the other hole! I'll definitely give this a try tomorrow! Thanks for the idea, Ken!

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
The more I think about it, the more I lean toward keeping them in the car with mounting tape ready to peel and stick should the need arise.
Brilliant!

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
OK, so I got the the pucks removed! Once I had a system figured out, it wasn't a big deal. (Having to do some of it in my slanted driveway complicated matters, but that's another story...)

[[ As a reminder, I stupidly used Loctite red on the pucks figuring I'd never need to remove them, but then Mark Boris pointed out that they likely need to be removed I case the battery needs to be dropped... ]]

It was essentially a four-step process:
  1. Remove the rocker panel trim fasteners on either side of the puck. (I loosen the fastener first by slipping the trim tool between the trim tab and the rail....
    Ford Mustang Mach-E Corvette Jack Pads installed IMG_1415
    ...and then move it to under the fastener alone and remove the fastener.
    Ford Mustang Mach-E Corvette Jack Pads installed IMG_1416
  2. Use a driver to back out the bolt as much as possible. The aluminum bar will spin inside the lift rail, but that's ok. The process will loosen the bolt somewhat (either from actually backing off the bolt, or from shaving off a little of the aluminum bar as it spins!).
    Ford Mustang Mach-E Corvette Jack Pads installed IMG_1417
  3. Rotate the puck, maneuvering it under the loosened rocket panel trim. (This likely won't be easy, but it should be possible - if not, then repeat step 2 until it is.) Insert a piece of metal (such as a spare bolt or Allen wrench) into the second hole in the puck and continue maneuvering the puck until the bolt/wrench slides fully into the hole.
    Ford Mustang Mach-E Corvette Jack Pads installed IMG_1418
    Ford Mustang Mach-E Corvette Jack Pads installed IMG_1419
  4. Holding the bolt/wrench firmly in place, back out the bolt until you can remove the puck assembly. You will likely need to hold the puck to keep it from spinning as you try to back out the bolt. Once the bolt is sufficiently backed off, you can remove the assembly from the rail.
    Ford Mustang Mach-E Corvette Jack Pads installed IMG_1420
I then reinstalled the pucks, using the four additional bolts that came with the pucks and reinstalled each puck with the previously unused bolt. I used a small amount of Loctite blue on the threads of the new bolts. Then I reinstalled the trim fasteners.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Good idea but mine are already on the car so I thought maybe some type of caulking , silicone around the edge of the puck might suffice
Thatā€™s an advantage of using the tape.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
I'm still going with the suggestion of keeping them in the boot of the car w/tape so they can be put on if/when needed.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

shark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Just discovered this thread. Instead of dealing with a spinning nut on the inside of the rail, why not just drill and tap the rail for the supplied bolts? I mean for anyone that has the tools already, wouldn't this be the ideal installation method and allow for simple removal?

OP
OP
Rob Daman

Rob Daman

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Select RWD base as base can be
Occupation
YouTuber
Country flag
posting update 2 months later.

still holding strong.

yellow markings changed to white but still visible. we had a good amount of rain the past few weeks

bcb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE GT PE Prius Plug-In
Occupation
Retired (former software engineer/cloud analytics)
Country flag
About these corvette jack pads (or any for that matter) I donā€™t think they should be permanently attached unless youā€™ve had your HVBJB replaced or donā€™t every plan to have your battery lowered. There are special rails Ford uses that lay right in that area were the pads are that a lift attaches to to raise the car in order to drop the battery. The pads will need to come off for those rail supports to fit flat. I would suggest if you do add pads, make sure they can be easily removed in case you need this type of service on your car.
Great info in this thread. I'm ordering the blue pucks today. I noticed that on this thread, in the discussion of needing to take these off, @dtbaker61 and @scoopman indicated that these do not interfere with dropping the HV battery tray. Has anyone else heard this? That would be good news for me, as once I put these on I really don't want to take them off. :)

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/damaged-from-jack-slipping-off-lift-rail.25060/page-4

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Great info in this thread. I'm ordering the blue pucks today. I noticed that on this thread, in the discussion of needing to take these off, @dtbaker61 and @scoopman indicated that these do not interfere with dropping the HV battery tray. Has anyone else heard this? That would be good news for me, as once I put these on I really don't want to take them off. :)

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/damaged-from-jack-slipping-off-lift-rail.25060/page-4
Hey Ben, while these pucks don't interfere with dropping the HV battery, I think they wouldn't allow the special rails that are required to lift the car up in order to drop the HV battery. These special rails are placed right along the area where these puck are unless I am mistaken. Maybe someone knows more than I do about this. I have not had my HVBJB replaced yet. I have only seen photos of those lift rails and where they need to be placed.
Sponsored

Reactions: bcb