tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
Dealer just called, all updates/ tsbs have been applied. Ford called them and told them to not release the car as they still would have to replace the HVBJB. It will be here Monday or so, it is the first time they will have performed the swap. I appreciate all the feedback and information you all have given. I hope that this is the last time my Sall-E leaves me stranded.
Sponsored

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Dealer just called, all updates/ tsbs have been applied. Ford called them and told them to not release the car as they still would have to replace the HVBJB. It will be here Monday or so, it is the first time they will have performed the swap. I appreciate all the feedback and information you all have given. I hope that this is the last time my Sall-E leaves me stranded.
Crossing my fingers for you. I'm leery of the HVBJB's reliability; because of these experiences I'm going to hold my breath every time I try to start my car.

TonyaE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Flex. 2022 MME premium RWD ER o 1/26/22
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Technical service bulletins. They are put out by manufacturers when they see a common problem, what to look for to diagnose it and a step by step procedure to fix it.
Thank you.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Called dealer, 12volt dropped to zero (was 12 at home and then down to 11volts when on the truck and then shut down). Good place to go I guess.

They say it will take them two days to even be able to get it in to the shop to look at.
No rental replacement.
Rental replacement is the least Ford could do? Seriously?

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Update 30? Got a call from dealer today, they said it was a TSB that had caused it. Don't know what TSB. They are also doing the bluecruise programming for me. they said I should have the car back tomorrow. I guess Ford light a fire under them. Initially they said it would take them a week to even get to it.
This is what we should expect and I'm glad you were given some gratitude and attention early adopters need.
The handling of cases like this either make for lifetime customers or lifetime customers for every carmaker but the one that we feel treated us poorly.

BillPitman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Escape, ‘21 J2 Space White Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Another potential HVBJB Club Member?
I would like to know the “version” of car……build 1 or build 2, or both…..Bill csg

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Rental replacement is the least Ford could do? Seriously?
It’s Canada. They’re working on finding a scheme where they can do it! Yeah right!

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Job 1 12/20 build

hhhmmmm, since this is a *pretty early* build, (are you sure 12/20, and not 12/21 build?) and seems to be an assembly line/qc problem with the loose nut rather than most of the other issues that seem to be HVJB/software related... I would HOPE the loose nut is a very limited assembly line problem, limited to very few vehicles possibly build in the same period perhaps with faulty torquing

Last edited:

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Crossing my fingers for you. I'm leery of the HVBJB's reliability; because of these experiences I'm going to hold my breath every time I try to start my car.
Af
geeze this is happening way to often recently in one manner or another..
Yes, from Ford's, to Tesla's and in between, Electric Vehicles like ours sometimes just stop. All we have to do is a little google search and we'll find similar issues. How they are handled by the manufacturer is what the owners will remember.
Here are just a couple so we know we're not alone.
https://jalopnik.com/a-tesla-bricking-itself-on-the-highway-is-a-reminder-th-1847734019
https://www.teslaownersonline.com/threads/model-3-bricked-in-driveway.16331/page-2

OP
OP
tfitzgex

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
Got my car back today. They did factory resets, which means I have to go through the painful process of setting up PaaK again.. and my profile.
They updated my car to have Blue Cruise, but one thing I did notice is that I now no longer have a frunk button on the center console. Yeah it didn't work but it was there..

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Got my car back today. They did factory resets, which means I have to go through the painful process of setting up PaaK again.. and my profile.
They updated my car to have Blue Cruise, but one thing I did notice is that I now no longer have a frunk button on the center console. Yeah it didn't work but it was there..

so.... were any mechanical components replaced ?
or was it just the one nut ?
any software updates besides the BC ?
Sponsored