Dealer Said Mach E is Ready. Ford.com Not Scheduled.

lucky13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Hello,

I just received a call from the Ford dealer telling me that my Mach E is ready to pick-up.

To say I'm shocked is putting it mildly. Official status as of a week ago was Unscheduled - Clean. My Ford.com account shows that is has not yet scheduled for production.

It is possible that the dealer got in either an allocation or cancelled order identical to mine, they allocated to me, and will just keep the one I ordered when it eventually arrives?

Is there an issue will buying this one given that it isnt linked to me via Ford.com or can that be done when I go into the dealer to sign the papers?
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Yes. No price or rebate protection.

• Wow
Reactions: ARK
OP
OP

lucky13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes. No price or rebate protection.
I ordered in February, so I don't think I was entitled to any price protection.

By rebate protection, do you mean what may have been available from the Ford Options plan at the time?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I ordered in February, so I don't think I was entitled to any price protection.

By rebate protection, do you mean what may have been available from the Ford Options plan at the time?
Correct.

And if you order, and dealer agreed to MSRP, and you take a cancelled order, then they MAY try to play games.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Definitely ask them about this. They might have the car listed on their website. If so, check out the window sticker to compare what you ordered, if it is an exact match.

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜18 Pacifica PHEV, ā€˜22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
Iā€™d go in and see what happens. If the car isnā€™t tied to your order and you lose out on a benefit (like options) and you donā€™t like the deal then you just walk away and wait for your car. If the Ford website was wrong, you just hit the jackpot!

Reactions: ARK

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I canā€™t imagine a dealer would do this unless it makes them more money (screws you). Follow advice already provided by others in prior posts.

Check the window sticker to see if the 4 digit order code is yours. If your car wasnā€™t produced I assume you have no VIN to verify.

SightUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
ARNG
Country flag
I got mine on Friday. I didn't get any updates about the production from Ford directly to me. I always had to call in to find out about it. Did you get a VIN? If so, does it match what you're being sold? If not, it's probably going to be a person who backed out of a deal and they are just trying to fulfill your order. They will sell yours to another person in the future. I think all in all it's a win for everyone involved cause otherwise if you ordered in Feb, you are probably looking at maybe getting yours in November.

OP
OP

lucky13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
False alarm. My sales guy just called back and said that the Mach E was another customer's order and someone got confused.

Not sure how they made that mistake.

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
False alarm. My sales guy just called back and said that the Mach E was another customer's order and someone got confused.

Not sure how they made that mistake.
Quite honestly, I'm not surprised at all. It seems like a horribly disorganized process.

There have been stories on this forum of people having their cars sold from under them. Always hard to tell if it was willful or accidental.

What makes me think about how disorganized it was happened to me a few months ago. I had some questions for my dealer at one point before I was scheduled, and they couldn't look my order up by my name. They had to ask what I had ordered, and apparently matched the configuration. What would have happened if they had two or more orders with the same configuration? No idea - maybe they could see the date that the order was placed, or maybe my name really was in there somewhere and they just couldn't search by it. It was surprising, to say the least.

I just recently bought another car from a different manufacturer, custom-ordered about two or three months into the Mach-E wait because I wasn't sure when the car would be scheduled or if the dealership wouldn't try to royally screw me. Didn't expect to take it and didn't expect it to arrive first, but in any event, the window sticker for that car added a little line at the top that basically said the vehicle was built for (my name, fully capitalized). I haven't seen that on the Mach-E's and that's a shame; given how disorganized things seem to be for the dealers on the back end, it would be a nice fail-safe.

OP
OP

lucky13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Quite honestly, I'm not surprised at all. It seems like a horribly disorganized process.

There have been stories on this forum of people having their cars sold from under them. Always hard to tell if it was willful or accidental.

What makes me think about how disorganized it was happened to me a few months ago. I had some questions for my dealer at one point before I was scheduled, and they couldn't look my order up by my name. They had to ask what I had ordered, and apparently matched the configuration. What would have happened if they had two or more orders with the same configuration? No idea - maybe they could see the date that the order was placed, or maybe my name really was in there somewhere and they just couldn't search by it. It was surprising, to say the least.

I just recently bought another car from a different manufacturer, custom-ordered about two or three months into the Mach-E wait because I wasn't sure when the car would be scheduled or if the dealership wouldn't try to royally screw me. Didn't expect to take it and didn't expect it to arrive first, but in any event, the window sticker for that car added a little line at the top that basically said the vehicle was built for (my name, fully capitalized). I haven't seen that on the Mach-E's and that's a shame; given how disorganized things seem to be for the dealers on the back end, it would be a nice fail-safe.
Seems to be fairly disorganized. When the salesman initially told me that the car was in he said several 2022 Mach Es showed up "unexpectedly" at the dealership as a part of a new car delivery.

Also, seems to me that if I was the actual person who orderded that Mach E I would have seen that it had shipped and would have been all over the dealership for updates.

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
Also, seems to me that if I was the actual person who orderded that Mach E I would have seen that it had shipped and would have been all over the dealership for updates.
Heh, well good luck there, too. Tracking has become more involved than it used to be, and mine has to go by rail, truck, maybe a few more rails and trucks, then boat, then truck... so it didn't seem worth it to try and keep track. Instead, I checked with my dealer just a few days ago. The last tracking update was from about three weeks ago. So we're not totally sure where it is right now.

In Ford's defense, I've shipped my own car around the country before and you don't get the play-by-play like UPS, FedEx, or USPS usually give you. It's sort of surprising that large companies attempting to sell such expensive products don't have a better way of keeping track than what the average consumer can do.
Sponsored