Dealer says they can’t get 4X in for safety recall 22S41 until 9/24!

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
And, they weren’t willing to even fit us in due to the safety issue. I normally don’t rag on dealers, in fact, I usually support them on forums to an extent. However, this is garbage so I’m whining about it here 🤣.

And I’m not waiting on the OTA update because my wife drives her 4X on a 100 mile round trip 2-3 times/week on a 75mph highway.

Hey, @Ford Motor Company, wanna let Mac Haik Ford Lincoln in Georgetown know that they and you are *thisclose* to losing a customer for good?

Update: Covert Ford about 8 miles further away got us scheduled for this Thursday with no problem at all. Said safety recalls get priority. Ya think?
Sponsored

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The OTA update should hit within days.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
And, they weren’t willing to even fit us in due to the safety issue. I normally don’t rag on dealers, in fact, I usually support them on forums to an extent. However, this is garbage so I’m whining about it here 🤣.

And I’m not waiting on the OTA update because my wife drives her 4X on a 100 mile round trip 2-3 times/week on a 75mph highway.

Hey, @Ford Motor Company, wanna let Mac Haik Ford Lincoln in Georgetown know that they and you are *thisclose* to losing a customer for good?
I would enroll in the Early access if it lets you, I got my recall OTA last week
earlyaccess.ford.com

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag

If it's any help we just completed a 1000 mile road trip from Austin to Canyon this past weekend all pre recall. 75 MPH and 100+ temps and have zero issues.
I haven't received any OTA updates in our 22 yet but I'm sure they will in do time.
We have lots of other issues with bluetooth, charging pad and paak so visit to the dealer is in our future. Earlier this year it took planning to get a dealer service appointment for sync issues in our Expedition and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
It’s not an actual fix it just makes you slightly less stuck (or more likely since it recognizes the condition faster?) lol. The “safety” part of it is mostly because the high voltage may not disconnect. Unless she’s also working on the vehicle during her commute don’t worry about it. Does the mach e have a pyro disconnect for accidents? 🤔

OP
OP
Pushrods&Capacitors

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
The OTA update should hit within days.
Yep. Agreed, should. Just not waiting because we’re kinda worst use case, 100- 105F lately, 75-90mph 50 mile hwy commute on I35 in Central Texas. Just not a place to brick.
Sponsored