NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I have been in communication with him and he is being very helpful. He is such a great asset for this forum.
Hopefully we get an update on this with a good outcome! Keep us posted OP ??
Sponsored

onepunch

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GTPE, 2023 Velociraptor
Occupation
self employed
Country flag
We did the online credit app for options yesterday. It showed 2.25%. When I showed this to the finance guy that's when I got the "Ford told us not to do that anymore". It might be best to cave on the options and refinance right away, keeps them from getting the car.

I have been told in the past that if the loan is paid off within 6 months, the dealership would have to return any commissions made on the financing. Dont know if thats true or not, but worth looking into.....

OP
OP

Track44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
O
Ok. Terrible experience all around. The battle continued until Friday when we finally reached a deal. I got what I wanted except for xplan, probably cost me $1,200.00 or so but far less than what the original deal proposed to me was. I think I could have won on the xplan question but I was tired of the whole process. It's hard to negotiate when you really, really want the car. (And the dealer wants the car as badly as you do.)

Until the bitter end I was still providing information and correcting misconceptions. My biggest disappointment was that Ford allows dealerships to treat car buyers in this manner. For a number of reasons this may very well be the last car I purchase and I hope I never have to go through this process again.

Now for the good. This car is everything I hoped it would be and much more. After three days and 300 miles I have spent almost as much time answering people's questions about the car as driving it. I'm quite content with my decision to stop the games and just buy the car. I'll never darken that dealer's door again and I can't believe the extra $1,200.00 they got out of me is worth the less than stellar reviews I'm giving, and almost everyone that asks about the car asks where I got it.

I am most appreciative of the information and comments I have received on this thread in particular and the forum in general. I'll be paying more attention and asking more questions as once we signed the options financing papers it was basically give me the keys I'm out of here. I don't think they knew anymore about the car than me and I had already spent what seemed like a lifetime at the dealership last week.

All in all, the terrible purchase experience is in the rearview mirror and I look forward to all the fun and interesting things I'm going to discover with this car.

Thanks again, everyone!

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
O

Ok. Terrible experience all around. The battle continued until Friday when we finally reached a deal. I got what I wanted except for xplan, probably cost me $1,200.00 or so but far less than what the original deal proposed to me was. I think I could have won on the xplan question but I was tired of the whole process. It's hard to negotiate when you really, really want the car. (And the dealer wants the car as badly as you do.)

Until the bitter end I was still providing information and correcting misconceptions. My biggest disappointment was that Ford allows dealerships to treat car buyers in this manner. For a number of reasons this may very well be the last car I purchase and I hope I never have to go through this process again.

Now for the good. This car is everything I hoped it would be and much more. After three days and 300 miles I have spent almost as much time answering people's questions about the car as driving it. I'm quite content with my decision to stop the games and just buy the car. I'll never darken that dealer's door again and I can't believe the extra $1,200.00 they got out of me is worth the less than stellar reviews I'm giving, and almost everyone that asks about the car asks where I got it.

I am most appreciative of the information and comments I have received on this thread in particular and the forum in general. I'll be paying more attention and asking more questions as once we signed the options financing papers it was basically give me the keys I'm out of here. I don't think they knew anymore about the car than me and I had already spent what seemed like a lifetime at the dealership last week.

All in all, the terrible purchase experience is in the rearview mirror and I look forward to all the fun and interesting things I'm going to discover with this car.

Thanks again, everyone!
CONGRATULATIONS! Well fought and will deserved.

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
Glad it worked out.

I didn't read anything that sounded like a misconception. The Ford website is still 2.25%, no 800 credit score is going to pay 4.5%, ADM, low trade offer, losing the deposit, and whatever else happened. There was so much I don't remember all of it after reading it.

This was all 100% intentional.

I agree with others, you should name the dealer. If we have a Kansas contingent they should be warned away.

OP
OP

Track44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Glad it worked out.

I didn't read anything that sounded like a misconception. The Ford website is still 2.25%, no 800 credit score is going to pay 4.5%, ADM, low trade offer, losing the deposit, and whatever else happened. There was so much I don't remember all of it after reading it.

This was all 100% intentional.

I agree with others, you should name the dealer. If we have a Kansas contingent they should be warned away.
Like I said, the dealer wanted the car as badly as I did, so yeah, they were doing everything they could to get me to walk, including saying I should order another Mach E and they would give me a good deal when it came in (and they could make $5,000.00-$10,000.00 on the one I had just waited five months for). Certain people at Shawnee Mission Ford(there's the name) did not treat me very well but I'm moving on. Now I just need to find a reasonably close trustworthy Ford dealer for any service work I might need. I hope I don't get burned twice.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
They wouldn't budge. They said they would agree to sell it to me for the MSRP but I had to trade my car in for the $22,000.00. I told them to take a hike and left. I came back several hours later and an entirely different tone, they suddenly went back to my original price, options financing and xplan. I was shocked. Went back today to see paperwork and they tell me options financing is 4.75%, not 2.25%. This was based on an 800 credit score! When I questioned the finance guy he said Ford finance told them either they can't do the 2.25% or they shouldn't do the 2.25%. Either way, when we completed the finance app online yesterday for options financing it said 2.25%. Someone is full of crap, either the local dealership or Ford finance. To make matters worse, when I indicated I would just go get bank financing he said they wouldn't sell it to me that way or for cash either. Likewise with the Ford .9% for 4 years. They suggested I order another Mach E today and they would give me a good deal when it comes in!

They clearly want the car to sell for ADM or at a minimum want to make some money by financing options at 4.75.

Am I totally screwed? I want the car and don't want them to have a chance to make an extra $5,000.00 or more if I walk. The question is, how far do I bend over?

Its been a frustrating week. I'm way past angry and if I end up with this car hopefully I never have to set foot inside a dealership ever again.

Apologies for the rant.
Unethical Dealer!

Call Ford Marketing and Explain the situation. If you ordered the car online they have to accept the x-plan as the net net price, no ADM, limit on fees to $100. I closed on 08/31/21 using Ford Options at 2.25%. Put down $6300, have $823 monthly payment on $49K financed.

My dealer spent a lot of time telling me a lease was better, but I wanted the ownership/title for the tax credit. You can sell your trade-in to CarMax or Chevy. I wouldn't put a $22,000 trade-in down on Ford Options purchase since you have the option to walk at end-of-term. Why tie up the cash?

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Unethical Dealer!

Call Ford Marketing and Explain the situation. If you ordered the car online they have to accept the x-plan as the net net price, no ADM, limit on fees to $100. I closed on 08/31/21 using Ford Options at 2.25%. Put down $6300, have $823 monthly payment on $49K financed.

My dealer spent a lot of time telling me a lease was better, but I wanted the ownership/title for the tax credit. You can sell your trade-in to CarMax or Chevy. I wouldn't put a $22,000 trade-in down on Ford Options purchase since you have the option to walk at end-of-term. Why tie up the cash?
Just noticed it was resolved... Congrats!!
Sponsored