Njia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape Hybrid, Mach-E Prem/AWD/Standard Battery
Country flag
Annnnnnd... Just cancelled my order for the MME. Considering my options at the moment. I might get a MY for March '21 delivery, or the new Bronco Sport (which I think is a great looking vehicle) for delivery in the same time frame. I contemplated the Escape Plug-in Hybrid as an alternative but with just 37 miles of battery range (much less in winter - a big deal in Michigan) and only available as FWD, I dismissed it from further consideration. Dealer is refunding my $500 order as we speak.

In the end, I couldn't wrap my mind around a couple of factors: 1) the monthly financing cost of $850+insurance (regardless of the traditional financing or Ford Options methods) is just too high to be practical; and 2) ground clearance, range, and other specs put it at a disadvantage compared to the MY, but also the Bronco Sport and the Escape.

Enjoy the MME! I'm looking forward to taking one for a test drive when they're finally out in the wild.
Sponsored

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
I'm doing a 3-year lease either way. So, for me, it's really getting down to crunch time.
With interest rates likely to remain very low for the remainder of the year, also consider financing the Mach-E.

With a good credit rating, a Ford Credit Loan will have zero or very low financing costs.

By far the cheapest way to buy the vehicle.

bprince

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Rapid Red AWD
Country flag
Another advantage of waiting if you're not entirely sold on either... there's a lot more BEV models coming out over the next few years.
I've definitely been keeping my eyes open. I don't like anything out there but the MME & MY. I wanted to like the eTron so bad, but I'm not feeling the premium MSRP and range. That and a Mercedes are the only foreign cars that I would consider.

With interest rates likely to remain very low for the remainder of the year, also consider financing the Mach-E.

With a good credit rating, a Ford Credit Loan will have zero or very low financing costs.

By far the cheapest way to buy the vehicle.
I certainly will. No way I'd buy a MY right now. They've gotta get their QA under control. So leasing is the only option for Tesla. I'm wary of buying a MME b/c I actually want to get a GT in a few years. I figured I'd lease gen1, then buy a gen2 GT. The buy options would have to be insanely record lows for me to buy now.

Plus, on all accounts, [battery] technology is moving very quickly right now.

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
The buy options would have to be insanely record lows for me to buy now.
Well I don’t think we will see Ford Credit offering below zero interest rates. :)

Although, when I bought my last Ford F250 I was going to pay cash, but Ford Credit was offering a $1,000 bonus to finance. Signed up, made 1st monthly payment and paid off the balance. Although with the first year Mach-E production already sold out, I doubt Ford Credit will need to offer incentives like that.

Remember, even after 36 or 48 Months of Lease Payments, you still have zero equity in the vehicle.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Remember, even after 36 or 48 Months of Lease Payments, you still have zero equity in the vehicle.
That's not necessarily true with Ford Options because it's not a lease, you own the vehicle. At the end of your Options term if the vehicle is worth more than your balloon note then you do have usable equity.

If the vehicle is worth less than the balloon note at the end of your term then you can turn the vehicle in and are only responsible for excessive wear and mileage.

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's not necessarily true with Ford Options because it's not a lease
True with the Ford Option but he was comparing it to a Tesla lease.

And even with the Ford Options you will only have equity if you pay off the balance and keep the car. Looks a lot like financing.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
True with the Ford Option but he was comparing it to a Tesla lease.

And even with the Ford Options you will only have equity if you pay off the balance and keep the car. Looks a lot like financing.
Ah. And I've read that you can't buy out some Tesla Model 3 leases at the end. Yikes!

At the end of your Ford Options term, because you own the vehicle you can also use any equity as a trade in too.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

mark360

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 AWD(OLD), Ford Raptor
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
Oh wow! You had a Tesla? See, I'll take your first-hand experience over anyone's opinion. Everyone is telling me to wait. Even my brother who isn't a tesla or a ford fan told me to wait. He said even though I'm leasing, it's important to like the vehicle that I will not only be driving daily but also paying for. So I might as well wait on the one I want.

Boy, do I hope Ford has some untold rebates or something to better compete with Tesla leasing options. I already have the deposit + $1k Ford options rebate + XPlan discount. So I'm hoping to pile those on to a juicy APR or further rebate/discount offers from Ford to get the monthly down to $550 - which is my budget. It's also what Tesla is offering me.

Edit: Tesla has confirmed that they've pushed my delivery back to October 30th. That should give me Ford MORE than enough time to provide us with a little more transparency on options.
Yeah, I first hand experienced the worst car ownership I've ever had with Tesla. Owned Ford, Chevy, Chrysler. None of them come close to even comparing to the nightmare that was Tesla.

See this post by me:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/sold-my-model-3-for-a-ford.794/

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You can make it to Yellowstone with the Mach-E too. Maybe not as fast but entirely possible. There's a 50 kW charger in Jackson WY. There's also level 2 charging available with overnight parking/hotels/lodges.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Decided to cancelled Mach E for a Model Y 1600373498127

From Plugshare showing J1772 plugs (there's also campgrounds nearby with 14-50 plugs):

Ford Mustang Mach-E Decided to cancelled Mach E for a Model Y 1600373533002

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You can get there from the East using CCS if you go through Denver. You’re right that you cannot go straight through South Dakota. I could make it to Yellowstone from Detroit was my point.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Well I don’t think we will see Ford Credit offering below zero interest rates. :)

Although, when I bought my last Ford F250 I was going to pay cash, but Ford Credit was offering a $1,000 bonus to finance. Signed up, made 1st monthly payment and paid off the balance. Although with the first year Mach-E production already sold out, I doubt Ford Credit will need to offer incentives like that.

Remember, also, that we do not know with certainty that the first year of MME is sold out. What we have is (hopefully) reliable informal reporting passed through by a knowledgeable member of this forum. What we know with certainty is that Ford is still taking orders for the 2021 Mustang Mach-E and that Ford has made no public statement that 2021 Mach-E production for the year is sold out. Certainly possible that Ford is playing games with customers by selling a product they know they cannot deliver but I hope not. Or, possibly, they are sold out but planning an increase in production.
Sponsored