Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3
Country flag
  • Banned
Wish everyone well with the Mach E. Was able to test drive a Model Y today and it was really nice. Between proven OTA updates, 250kw charging, Supercharger network, and 300+ range, decided to go for it. I would love to also test drive a Mach E, but seems like that is not happening anytime soon. I'm sure the Mach E will be great, but for 50k I am nervous about all the "firsts" by ford. First OTA, first car on this new platform, first with this online sales model. I also think folks underestimate the dealers ability to service a new EV. My Volt was always problematic at the dealer, they would say, oh the EV guy is not here today, etc. They will only see a handful of these for quite some time and yours will be the one they learn on. Hopefully over a few years that will change. Good luck everyone!
Sponsored

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Wish everyone well with the Mach E. Was able to test drive a Model Y today and it was really nice. Between proven OTA updates, 250kw charging, Supercharger network, and 300+ range, decided to go for it. I would love to also test drive a Mach E, but seems like that is not happening anytime soon. I'm sure the Mach E will be great, but for 50k I am nervous about all the "firsts" by ford. First OTA, first car on this new platform, first with this online sales model. I also think folks underestimate the dealers ability to service a new EV. My Volt was always problematic at the dealer, they would say, oh the EV guy is not here today, etc. They will only see a handful of these for quite some time and yours will be the one they learn on. Hopefully over a few years that will change. Good luck everyone!
Congrats! The Y is very compelling with a ton of great features. The 300mi range for AWD at 70mph and potential for <30 min recharges makes it the first choice for many. When do you take delivery?

OP
OP

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3
Country flag
  • Banned
Thanks for the kind words. I'm sure the MME will have some great features as well. Delivery says around 8-12 weeks. Best of luck on your EV !

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Congrats! The Y is very compelling with a ton of great features. The 300mi range for AWD at 70mph and potential for <30 min recharges makes it the first choice for many. When do you take delivery?
I do not believe the 300 mile range at 70 mph on the interstate highway is correct. Does the Y have a 2.8mile/kW range at 70 mph?

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I do not believe the 300 mile range at 70 mph on the interstate highway is correct. Does the Y have a 2.8mile/kW range at 70 mph?
If the Performance Y with 21" wheels can get 272mi in a range test at 70mph, then I do not have a reason to doubt that the Y LR AWD can't get 300+ on 19".

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
If the Performance Y with 21" wheels can get 272mi in a range test at 70mph, then I do not have a reason to doubt that the Y LR AWD can't get 300+ on 19".
Is that a real world test or from the lab? We have had Tesla owners post on such decreases on this forum.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Alex on Autos was less optimistic about the model Y range. They estimated it to be around 225 miles:

Of course as with any range estimate. Estimate is the key word.
Alex on Autos does a good job and he has the entire 73mi loop drive compressed at the end of his range test. I'm inclined to go with Alex's conservative range estimate for now.

I'm looking forward to Out of Spec and others doing more range tests (Kyle Connor didn't do the driving in Out of Spec's test) on the Y as they've got a very robust protocol when they do a full test.