So what’s the wager? $20?
Sponsored

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
What's weird is that the Out of Spec/i1Tesla range test, they did 212mi @70 mph at 270Wh/mi (3.7mi per kWh) and still had 22% left.

That's a big difference than Alex on Autos test. I find both sources reputable so I guess it goes to show that YMMV.

FASTBACK

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Indian Roadmaster - Beemer 40e
Occupation
Dealer
Country flag
I am Looking for Range - Then Tesla Y with 199 miles winter / battery 72.5 kWh versus Mach E with 90kWh is a No Brainer !
Real World Range test will soon ( August ? ) gives us the answer
STAY SAFE

OP
OP

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3
Country flag
I can not resign myself to buy Tesla ...
For sure some people feel that way.

For me, I don't go through life with such, not sure of best word here, animosity or anger or hatred (?) against products and or other owners. See this with some phone manufacturers also ;) I keep an open mind and make the best decision I can for me.

Besides, once a person buys and gets off these fan sites (both MME and other EV sites) and just enjoy these awesome new EVs, all this drama will fade away. Just the perspective from the OP of this thread. Life is too short to have a mental list of products "I could never buy".

PSaulet

First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw Amarok, Tesla M3, Caterham, Annulé Mach e
Country flag

For me, I don't go through life with such, not sure of best word here, animosity or anger or hatred (?) against products and or other owners. See this with some phone manufacturers also ;) I keep an open mind and make the best decision I can for me.

Besides, once a person buys and gets off these fan sites (both MME and other EV sites) and just enjoy these awesome new EVs, all this drama will fade away. Just the perspective from the OP of this thread. Life is too short to have a mental list of products "I could never buy".
[/CITATION]

It is not a question of judging a product, simply personally I do not like, am not a fan of the look and remain "fearful" of the after-sales service to which we can claim even more in France ... Not the feeling that these vehicles match me.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

JSAlexVa

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 LR AWD
Country flag

Exactly! I have been enjoying the Model 3 and have not been on the boards much since I bought it. Part of me figured life is short and I can always sell it if I am not happy. Plus I wanted to experience an EV sooner rather than later in case COVID-19 came after me. ? The Model 3 is setting the bar for me and I can now just sit back and monitor all the new EVs coming out and make an informed decision in the future. I always tell my friends that I want to try/own many different cars before I get stuck driving a golf cart in a retirement community.

PSaulet

First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw Amarok, Tesla M3, Caterham, Annulé Mach e
Country flag
Attention let's be clear, I do not criticize those who bought Tesla and especially not Tesla for taking the risk of investing massively in EV, we must congratulate them for having been pioneers and for having moved the lines, opening other perspectives to more traditionalist manufacturers. I just don't feel comfortable with the look and the service in France, but it's strictly personal.

;) ;) ;)

pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
Model Y is easily gonna be the most popular Tesla. There are probably 4-5 Model 3s within two blocks of me now and that'll likely double with the Y. After driving an Outback for 5 years, I don't want to have the same car as everyone else anymore.

I am leaning towards telling the dealer to change my reservation from Premium AWD ER to GT.

1) Wife thinks GT looks better
2) 3.X seconds 0-60 will forever be quick
3) 98% of my drives are within 200mi of my house so range isn't too worrisome
4) 235 width tires makes sense

My hesitation is because

a) more range is always better on road trips
b) 5.5s 0-60 isn't THAT slow
c) GT doesn't come out til Spring 2021
d) GT options are gonna cost me $$
I have the Jaguar I-Pace in the garage for only 6 days and I'm not looking back, but I still love the look and performance of the Mach E GT. I was thinking Grabber Blue or whatever the undisclosed color will be. Alas, it will be a curious outside looking in thing for me going forward. Obviously, I highly recommend the GT version for you!

Good luck in either case!

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
I have the Jaguar I-Pace in the garage for only 6 days and I'm not looking back, but I still love the look and performance of the Mach E GT. I was thinking Grabber Blue or whatever the undisclosed color will be. Alas, it will be a curious outside looking in thing for me going forward. Obviously, I highly recommend the GT version for you!

Good luck in either case!
Not looking back either. Was that your I-Pace in my I-Pace's rear view mirror? ;)
Sponsored