Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity PHEV; 2018 Ioniq EV
Occupation
State employee
Country flag
I have had a reservation for the Select edition for awhile. When I first reserved, the anticipated delivery date was 1st QTR 2021 which coincides with my current car lease expiration. When the ability to order came up, I contacted my local Ford dealer (the one connected to my reservation) and he told me that if I wanted to wait for delivery to next year, to delay my order to the end of the year. He said that Ford told him that from order to delivery on the Select Edition was 12 weeks. I am interested if anyone else has heard this or your thoughts. Thanks, Honhme
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have had a reservation for the Select edition for awhile. When I first reserved, the anticipated delivery date was 1st QTR 2021 which coincides with my current car lease expiration. When the ability to order came up, I contacted my local Ford dealer (the one connected to my reservation) and he told me that if I wanted to wait for delivery to next year, to delay my order to the end of the year. He said that Ford told him that from order to delivery on the Select Edition was 12 weeks. I am interested if anyone else has heard this or your thoughts. Thanks, Honhme
We've seen it stated that production of the vehicles will still be (generally) in reservation-date sequence, not order-date sequence. Although that clearly has broader exceptions to it (GT's later next year, US ahead of Europe initially, dealer demos somewhere in the mix, etc). But within the overall population of non-GTs for US delivery, it's supposed to still go by reservation date if the info we've heard is correct. Which means the order-to-delivery date shouldn't be the normal 8-12 weeks (except maybe for the people with the earliest reservation dates) like it is for normal (non-reservation) Ford vehicles. It should depend on reservation date, if I'm understanding it all correctly.

jjwolf

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium 4X, M3, Yukon
Country flag
I don't see any estimated delivery date in my Reservations site. My order # is 100157ΧΧ, but so far all I've done is completed the order through the dealer (which I had to initiate - total crickets from Ford; also still waiting for my refund now that the dealer has my deposit).

Last edited:

Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
I do not think they will be any sequence in the builds. This does not
happen as such. Find me any car makers that do this and make me
wrong. The MME will come off the build line without any order.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
I do not think they will be any sequence in the builds. This does not
happen as such. Find me any car makers that do this and make me
wrong. The MME will come off the build line without any order.
I suspect all auto manufacturers sequence in specific builds.
Particularly if Ford is mostly building a limited production against specific orders, they're not just going to build cars and hope that each car coming out matches the order of a customer. They will take the orders that are placed and sequence them into the builds somehow. Even if they don't have 50k orders on hand, Ford will have some standard/popular builds into which it will also sequence the customer orders it does have.

The question then is the topic of many of these comments: how will those orders be prioritized, if at all, in putting them into the sequence?

Honhme

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity PHEV; 2018 Ioniq EV
Occupation
State employee
Country flag
My reservation ID # is: 100341XX. From what I have seen in the MachE forum, I dont know if there is any rhyme or reason to the sequence. My reservation was made on 1/14/2020. I got the email about placing the order on 6/17/2020.
I am trying to avoid the prospect of pay for two cars at the same time for an extended amount of time.

Wooross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 C-Max Energi
Occupation
Fleet manager
Country flag
I ordered my Mach E today. My dealer reached out to me about the car and to ask if I have any questions. I naturally asked about delivery date. He emailed back and said that he just got an update that deliveries are now targeted for Q1 2021. Is anyone else hearing that?

I'm a Dealer in Washington state with a personal FE ordered & I have had now update from Ford yet on delivery or had any of our orders been given a build date. I would take the info you got with a grain of salt.....

Ross
Sponsored