Mike16

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Star White
Country flag
Maybe that QC in speedway is now a step in the shipping process, due to covid? Country? Lack of Labour at plant? ??‍♂
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I can truly appreciate everyone's frustration. Even with the tools we've all cobbled together, it is hard to get a straight story. Mine was almost delivered and is now back in KC but I can't figure out for sure what stage it's at. Best I can tell it's at the KC MO rail yard. Does it still need to be shipped to the Speedway for testing? It makes no sense to truck it to KC MO rather than taking it all the way to the Speedway. Has it been tested already and is awaiting a new train ride east? Ford could be doing a much better job of communicating and I'm concerned the delay my kill our travel plans.

I know for many of you it's more critical: leases ending, sitting without cars, etc. Many of us have almost reached delivery. Yes, we did just move from being 98% of the way to delivery back to being 95% there. Either way, we are close.

It's time to take a deep breath, accept the delay, and be patient. Our Mach Es will be arriving soon.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I can truly appreciate everyone's frustration. Even with the tools we've all cobbled together, it is hard to get a straight story. Mine was almost delivered and is now back in KC but I can't figure out for sure what stage it's at. Best I can tell it's at the KC MO rail yard. Does it still need to be shipped to the Speedway for testing? It makes no sense to truck it to KC MO rather than taking it all the way to the Speedway. Has it been tested already and is awaiting a new train ride east? Ford could be doing a much better job of communicating and I'm concerned the delay my kill our travel plans.

I know for many of you it's more critical: leases ending, sitting without cars, etc. Many of us have almost reached delivery. Yes, we did just move from being 98% of the way to delivery back to being 95% there. Either way, we are close.

It's time to take a deep breath, accept the delay, and be patient. Our Mach Es will be arriving soon.
Just do what I did - buy another EV in the meantime to hold you over till the Mach-E arrives.

*NOTE: Please do not take this advice. I'm a horrible example, that no one should follow. I do love my new (new to me at least) i3 though!

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag

I just keep thinking of how much headache for my dealer these forums have saved them (and they don't even know) as I'd be calling them at least once a week "is it in yet?" "how about now?"

"Are we there yet?" No "Are we there yet?" NO! "Are we there yet?"

source.gif

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Just do what I did - buy another EV in the meantime to hold you over till the Mach-E arrives.

*NOTE: Please do not take this advice. I'm a horrible example, that no one should follow. I do love my new (new to me at least) i3 though!
Thankfully, we still have our Leaf to tide us over.

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
I kind of feel sorry for my dealer and guilty at the same time. They have been so gracious to just give me a loaner to drive. Originally it was going to be for a couple weeks. That turned into a month. Now it looks like I have to go in and swap this loaner out for another because it's reached it's mileage limit for FCTP and they now say they will give me another until the MME gets here. I'm basically just putting miles on their loaners for them and I feel terrible about that. If Ford isn't going to do the right thing and offer a little bonus cash to the consumer as a thank you for our patience, they should at least compensate my dealer! ?

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I kind of feel sorry for my dealer and guilty at the same time. They have been so gracious to just give me a loaner to drive. Originally it was going to be for a couple weeks. That turned into a month. Now it looks like I have to go in and swap this loaner out for another because it's reached it's mileage limit for FCTP and they now say they will give me another until the MME gets here. I'm basically just putting miles on their loaners for them and I feel terrible about that. If Ford isn't going to do the right thing and offer a little bonus cash to the consumer as a thank you for our patience, they should at least compensate my dealer! ?
There could be a slim chance that your next loaner is a Mach-E! LOL

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag

Yet, I went with the FE while waiting for the GT... Seems kinda dumb in hindsight.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag

So Ford has a huge assembly facility in KC, MO... might be a perfect place for a quickie QC check.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Thankfully, we still have our Leaf to tide us over.
So my Leaf was handed down to my 17 YR old son and no longer available for my use since late December. As you can imagine I am anxious for the MME to arrive, my backup is my 2017 Jeep Wrangler but it's not a great commuter vehicle. The JK is a weekend thing, didn't wait to drive it daily etc.

In VV it still looks like there is a STOP SHIP in place for me, however it has moved around KC. My delivery date is 2/23 as of a few days ago.

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 9.37.51 AM.png

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
We went down to San Diego almost 2 years ago to pick up a used Mercedes B-EV (almost got an i3) once the HOV stickers expired on my spouse's Prius Plug-in (we were tired of waiting for the Tesla we wanted to be available.) A few months after we ordered the Tesla the MME was revealed and I made a reservation that night. Ended up donating $100 to Tesla but kinda glad we had the MB to train us in living with an EV, especially since we thought the temporary car was going to be for 9 months or so.

Sadly the longer delay changes the financial calculation on what we can sell the MB for, but my sister may end up taking it.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
It seems you have a good dealer

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE, 2016 F-350 Super Duty XLT
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Country flag
I know this is a roller coaster but thought I would share - my dated just moved up from March 27-April 2nd to Feb 25th; You can see my history in my signature - this is the third time it has changed.

Don't get me wrong! I am happy to see the date improve! But I am being a little cautious just in case it moves out again - I always finance my cars through USAA and the loans only lock in for 30 days, so I will wait two weeks to see if it changes again before I do the pre-qualification... If not for the QC Check issue I would have had the car this week...

I am in aerospace program management - I craft recovery schedules all the time for different issues and that experience has helped a lot with this delay - sometimes things start flowing quicker then originally expected and it is always better to improve the recovery date then to push it out... I am hoping that whatever they are looking for, that they are knocking through the checks and finding that most are just fine...

I just keep telling myself - You CAN be patient, You CAN be patient, You CAN be patient ?

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Finally got some movement out of mine today, palsapp finally shows a pending transport since the initial 1/9 delivery to Argentine Ramp. Of course this one says it's going to the same place, but maybe that's progress? ?
Sponsored