EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I guess it makes some people feel happy and important to put others down or degrade their purchasing choice. That's fine....if it makes you sleep better at night, keep at it.

- "In a Hurry" : I guess if waiting over a year for a car, being hit with multiple delays (yes, I've heard about COVID), and not being told anything from a dealer puts me in the "I'm in a hurry" category, fine.
- "Model Y Delivered With Giant Holes": I'm well aware of the fit & finish issues around the Model Y. It was one of the main reasons I didn't get one to start with. I've read reviews from and talked with many RECENT owners who've said the quality has increased. Perfect? Likely not. I'm okay with thoroughly checking the car over and having Tesla address whatever issues are present.
- "Unsold/Inventory": I ordered the car on Jan 17th, and it's not being delivered until next week. The VIN doesn't represent a previously-sold vehicle, so......

I would never try to make someone feel bad about their vehicle purchase, just to make myself feel better. I guess that's the kind of person you are. Be well.
I'm sorry it makes you feel bad for your car. I thought you may be unaware of these.
if you were already aware of the actual facts I pointed to you and know what you are getting into, then sure go for it.

A one-week delivery is certainly unsold inventory/customer reject car. Why will these be pre-sold? That will be either lemon cars or used cars.
I think Tesla already got rid of the 7-day return policy. So none of these should be pre-sold. So I don't understand your point about it. I gave you a good suggestion to check it thoroughly in daylight at delivery so you waste less time taking it back for cosmetic issues. Many people have suffered taking delivery in dimly lit conditions.

I still find your comments blaming Ford and dealers for no communication and delays for quality checks unfair. Will you rather have no communication when it comes to servicing your vehicle?

Anyway, good luck and enjoy your new car! I wish you well, no matter how I feel about Tesla's delivery practices.

Last edited:

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
So have we decided with our hive mind that when the "Activate Vehicle" button shows up on the Fordpass app that your car is likely done and will then be shipped to your dealer from KC? Just curious since mine has only showed one stop in KC via palsapp (not speedway) but the button became active the other day.

Just went through the other 7 cars in the same truck load to Argentine Ramp, KC and 2 of them were delivered to the dealer in the Bay area last week, one was a Blue FE (listed as Titanium) the other a red Select. Curiously, one vehicle doesn't show up with the tracker.

Last edited:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
So have we decided with our hive mind that when the "Activate Vehicle" button shows up on the Fordpass app that your car is likely done and will then be shipped to your dealer from KC?
Mine showed up as soon as my car was produced. It's still sitting at the factory.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Fellow Forum Members: It's unfortunate that it had to be this way, but I have made the decision to CANCEL my Mach-E order. It was a combination of things really, but the final straw was this latest delay, coupled with the complete lack of professionalism and communication from my dealer. I know it doesn't matter to him. The dealership will still get the car, and be able to sell it higher than MSRP. To be honest, I wish there was a way I could cancel with Ford and not the dealer. That way, they wouldn't be able to sell it.

The day after the delay email, I test drove the Model Y. My wife and I really liked it. Were there things we liked about the Mach-E that we wish were in the Tesla? Yes. Ultimately, there were enough features that really sold us. We went for the Long Range Dual Motor. In the end, we're happy with our decision, and excited for our first electric vehicle. It will be delivered in 1 week.
I really enjoyed interacting with everyone as we learned about this car together. I regret that we couldn't finish the journey together, but I just had enough. I felt like all of this wait, drama, lack of communication, etc. simply wasn't worth it anymore. I actually became DISINTERESTED in the car.

I'll still lurk on this forum, as I look forward to reading about your experiences. Good luck to all of you. Stay safe and healthy.
- Dave
Dave,

Sorry to see you go, but understand your decision. It's been a rough ride for all of us. If you see someone rolling around Ashburn in a CG FE, it's likely me. Roll up and say hello.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Dave,

Sorry to see you go, but understand your decision. It's been a rough ride for all of us. If you see someone rolling around Ashburn in a CG FE, it's likely me. Roll up and say hello.
Can't wait to see you rolling around in the electric pony buddy!

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Confusion about this QC issue....My car left Cuautitlán AFTER the QC issue was discovered. Would make sense that it was checked in MX. But now it's being delayed for QC issue. Is it something that couldn't be fixed in MX? Do they only have the peeps to check it in KC? A little strange that they would still let it leave the plant lot knowing there was an issue.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Fellow Forum Members: It's unfortunate that it had to be this way, but I have made the decision to CANCEL my Mach-E order. It was a combination of things really, but the final straw was this latest delay, coupled with the complete lack of professionalism and communication from my dealer. I know it doesn't matter to him. The dealership will still get the car, and be able to sell it higher than MSRP. To be honest, I wish there was a way I could cancel with Ford and not the dealer. That way, they wouldn't be able to sell it.

The day after the delay email, I test drove the Model Y. My wife and I really liked it. Were there things we liked about the Mach-E that we wish were in the Tesla? Yes. Ultimately, there were enough features that really sold us. We went for the Long Range Dual Motor. In the end, we're happy with our decision, and excited for our first electric vehicle. It will be delivered in 1 week.
I really enjoyed interacting with everyone as we learned about this car together. I regret that we couldn't finish the journey together, but I just had enough. I felt like all of this wait, drama, lack of communication, etc. simply wasn't worth it anymore. I actually became DISINTERESTED in the car.

I'll still lurk on this forum, as I look forward to reading about your experiences. Good luck to all of you. Stay safe and healthy.
- Dave
Hope it works out well for you. Good luck!

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag

- Dave
Dave,

I would have kept the order open and hedged. I currently have a Bronco reservation I may or may not use but plan on deciding after I get my MachE.

Good luck with the Y.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
My car was finished 1/10 and shipped 1/20. I received an email from Ford telling me my car had shipped and that I should expect delivery between 2/6 and 2/12. For two weeks, Ford's tracker has said that my previously thrice delayed delivery date would be between 2/6 and 2/12 (previously listed as a January delivery date). Shop.ford.com still says delivery by 2/13. Forum tracker still says ETA of 2/13. Ford.com/buy site, which has said delivery by 2/13 at latest for weeks now, just changed to delivery between 2/24 and 3/2. I am starting to understand why people are bailing on their orders. How can I possibly have any faith that the new dates mean anything? Is it anything other than an effort to stall a cancel decision by not revealing the likely truth that delivery will not happen even by 3/2? Maybe with an explanation it could be believable. I suppose it could take six weeks to ship a car under current conditions but the info that Ford gives me no longer has credibility. I am not ready to bail yet but.... And, yes, I do understand what ETA means. Just starting to think ETA means "Extensions to Time of Arrival"

NancyF

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford Energi Titanium
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Dave, good luck to you and your wife with the Y. I seriously considered Tesla before committing to the Mach e. I am tickled there are getting to be more and more choices for an electric car. I have a Ford Fusion Energi which I just love and which had been a great car. With that experience, I leaned to the Mach e. There are going to be issues with each car. They may be different issues but there will be issues notwithstanding!

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Confusion about this QC issue....My car left Cuautitlán AFTER the QC issue was discovered. Would make sense that it was checked in MX. But now it's being delayed for QC issue. Is it something that couldn't be fixed in MX? Do they only have the peeps to check it in KC? A little strange that they would still let it leave the plant lot knowing there was an issue.
Its possible (just guessing) the book ends of the problem needed to be adjusted. Just guessing but yeah really frustrating because I am now dreading such a delay as well.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
So have we decided with our hive mind that when the "Activate Vehicle" button shows up on the Fordpass app that your car is likely done and will then be shipped to your dealer from KC? Just curious since mine has only showed one stop in KC via palsapp (not speedway) but the button became active the other day.

Just went through the other 7 cars in the same truck load to Argentine Ramp, KC and 2 of them were delivered to the dealer in the Bay area last week, one was a Blue FE (listed as Titanium) the other a red Select. Curiously, one vehicle doesn't show up with the tracker.
Generally that is what it appears to be - your car is built and the Active button shows up (although there may have been some exceptions). When it gets shipped is then a different question.
Sponsored