TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just keep thinking of how much headache for my dealer these forums have saved them (and they don't even know) as I'd be calling them at least once a week "is it in yet?" "how about now?"

"Are we there yet?" No "Are we there yet?" NO! "Are we there yet?"
Saved?... or created?

This may very well be ones of those "Know just enough to be dangerous" situations. The partial information we're getting here, as well as coming here daily for 400 days to talk about it, is probably also a contributor to a lot of the angst. If we didn't have all this here, we'd probably just be accepting what the dealer tells us, which would likely be "COVID has pushed everything back, your car is looking like March", and we'd pretty much just accept that and not stress over it daily.

I love that these forums exist and that we get a lot of great info, but it's definitely a double-edged sword.
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Saved?... or created?

This may very well be ones of those "Know just enough to be dangerous" situations. The partial information we're getting here, as well as coming here daily for 400 days to talk about it, is probably also a contributor to a lot of the angst. If we didn't have all this here, we'd probably just be accepting what the dealer tells us, which would likely be "COVID has pushed everything back, your car is looking like March", and we'd pretty much just accept that and not stress over it daily.

I love that these forums exist and that we get a lot of great info, but it's definitely a double-edged sword.
Saved as I haven't been calling them (I likely would even if they said "hey its March" LOL)

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Ugh, pending movement of car in KC yesterday vanished today. Maybe it was lost at the Argentine Ramp and they will have to build me another one (without the front plate.) ? Asked my dealer for the tracking report, still waiting for a response.

Jayally

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX5 GT, 2019 Dodge Challenger SXTplus
Occupation
Field Manager
Country flag
My car was built on 12/16 and shipped on 1/5. I had a delivery set for 1/25 but it was changed to 3/20. I reached out everywhere I could since my dealer was telling me the car was a few miles away in California when I knew that couldn't be true since the cars were being sent back for Q &C. I could see it was delivered by Palsapp from CA to the Muncie ramp on 1/27. Due to all my complaining about a lack of communication I actually got a call yesterday from Ford telling me its now in the outbound rail yard in KS waiting transport back to California for ETA 2/9 - 2/15 but my tracking still shows delivery on 3/20 so I am still frustrated. I don't know when they update the trackers and I would like an updated confirmation from Ford. My daughter now needs my current car ASAP, my car insurance expires on 2/15 and my Mustang club of America membership on 3/13 and wondering if I should renew for another year so there are a lot of moving pieces. This has been such a long wait and made harder knowing the cars were almost in our hands and then taken away. I know we want good cars but I'm not good at being patient. :)

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
My car was built on 12/16 and shipped on 1/5. I had a delivery set for 1/25 but it was changed to 3/20. I reached out everywhere I could since my dealer was telling me the car was a few miles away in California when I knew that couldn't be true since the cars were being sent back for Q &C. I could see it was delivered by Palsapp from CA to the Muncie ramp on 1/27. Due to all my complaining about a lack of communication I actually got a call yesterday from Ford telling me its now in the outbound rail yard in KS waiting transport back to California for ETA 2/9 - 2/15 but my tracking still shows delivery on 3/20 so I am still frustrated. I don't know when they update the trackers and I would like an updated confirmation from Ford. My daughter now needs my current car ASAP, my car insurance expires on 2/15 and my Mustang club of America membership on 3/13 and wondering if I should renew for another year so there are a lot of moving pieces. This has been such a long wait and made harder knowing the cars were almost in our hands and then taken away. I know we want good cars but I'm not good at being patient. :)
If it's in outbound rail, the 2/9-2/15 date should be fairly accurate.

Phxboiler

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy bolt
Country flag
If it's in outbound rail, the 2/9-2/15 date should be fairly accurate.
Curious did you just reach out via the website. My car in phx was supposed to be here this week but is now 3/20. Been in speedway since 1/15 and no updates I can find. Dealer just telling me what online shows. The activate button is up and ready and has been for over a week. Really hoping not sitting there long and mostly want info as seams like people are getting theirs early but not everyone’s dates are being updated on the website?

being patient and still really excited..mostly excited as I thinks folks cars are coming sooner but trying to figure out if mine might even though not updating online.

Last edited:

woodywx

First Name
w
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Ca Rt 1, 2017 C-max titanium plugin
Country flag
I gat an email today from Ford at 1:06AM saying my car was produced, Premium Rapid Red AWD ER and the estimated delivery date of 2/27/21 to 3/5/21.
My email (at 01:19 pst Jan 29,) says my California Rt 1 is built and estimated delivery date in Northern California from Feb 26 to Mar 4. (Vin # A06905)

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Curious did you just reach out via the website. My car in phx was supposed to be here this week but is now 3/20. Been in speedway since 1/15 and no updates I can find. Dealer just telling me what online shows. The activate button is up and ready and has been for over a week. Really hoping not sitting there long and mostly want info as seams like people are getting theirs early but not everyone’s dates are being updated on the website?
Check the Palsapp website.

My Ford app updated with the 'Activate' button appearing on a Thursday (so I knew they were working on it). It sat for another couple of days (with weekend in between) and and on Monday a new entry showed up on Palsapp showing the freight order to take the car back to the rail-yard.

It sat for two days before the car was delivered to the rail yard ... but not loaded onto train that day. A day later it was on the railcar. As of today the dealer can see the train is finally moving (the dealer's Vehicle Visibility report showed it passed an intermediate check-point in Decatur, IL)

I'm going to guess that a train might be towing ... 80 rail cars? (give or take) It might take a few days to load them. So depending on if you have one of the first cars loaded vs. last cars loaded I figured it could show being in a railcar for a couple of days before the train starts to move. But that's a wild guess.

All in ... from the time I noticed the 'Activate' button showing up on my Ford app (which is how I gauge when they worked on my car) until the car finally left KC ... about 8 days.

My car was at the Speedway for 2 weeks (based on the Palsapp freight orders) ... but a few more days after arriving at the rail-yard before the train pulling it left KC.

The dealer's Vehicle Visibility report seems to lag behind by a day (my guess is it updates via some overnight batch job.)

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
If you already have your PIN from MCoA for the X Plan pricing, the PIN is good for 1 year from issue . . . doesn't matter if your MCoA membership has expired, as long as the PIN is still good.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
My email (at 01:19 pst Jan 29,) says my California Rt 1 is built and estimated delivery date in Northern California from Feb 26 to Mar 4. (Vin # A06905)
Thats pretty quick delivery dates for a car built yesterday. Looks like they may be speeding things up at least on the shipping side

Jayally

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX5 GT, 2019 Dodge Challenger SXTplus
Occupation
Field Manager
Country flag
If you already have your PIN from MCoA for the X Plan pricing, the PIN is good for 1 year from issue . . . doesn't matter if your MCoA membership has expired, as long as the PIN is still good.
The pin expires in June, I thought I read you had to be a member in good standing and show your affiliation to get the discount but if I get the car as promised it won't be a problem. It's not a big deal to renew it but I don't know how much I'll really get out of the membership unless they have an area dedicated to the Mach E. (I haven't checked :) )

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Thats pretty quick delivery dates for a car built yesterday. Looks like they may be speeding things up at least on the shipping side
I guess it all depends on where it’s going. I just got my email as well, but my ETA is 3/17 - 3/23.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I know this is a roller coaster but thought I would share - my dated just moved up from March 27-April 2nd to Feb 25th; You can see my history in my signature - this is the third time it has changed.

Don't get me wrong! I am happy to see the date improve! But I am being a little cautious just in case it moves out again - I always finance my cars through USAA and the loans only lock in for 30 days, so I will wait two weeks to see if it changes again before I do the pre-qualification... If not for the QC Check issue I would have had the car this week...

I am in aerospace program management - I craft recovery schedules all the time for different issues and that experience has helped a lot with this delay - sometimes things start flowing quicker then originally expected and it is always better to improve the recovery date then to push it out... I am hoping that whatever they are looking for, that they are knocking through the checks and finding that most are just fine...

I just keep telling myself - You CAN be patient, You CAN be patient, You CAN be patient ?
You might want to consider financing with Ford over USAA this time. While I understand loyalty and credit unions normally have very competitive rates, the Ford rate is currently 0.9% vs. USAA's 2.89%.
Sponsored