Delivery in Q1

Florida7382

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Just called up my dealer to check on the reservation and he told me the latest is that reservations converted to orders sometime in Autumn time and then deliveries probably will take place sometime in Q1, but even that is very uncertain due to all the delays.

Generally seemed like Ford is not sharing anything with them, he couldn’t answer any of my questios about test drive etc., just said to look at Ford website, that’s all they have as well.

He did confirm several people have dropped their reservations and I’m seriously considering it myself. Reserved the vehicle over 6months ago and the communication from Ford has been horrible, few marketing emails and few execs giving interviews about how great the car is and how it’s not delayed, even everyone knows it is.

Looking forward to Tesla Battery Day. I wish they knew how to make good looking cars...
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Just called up my dealer to check on the reservation and he told me the latest is that reservations converted to orders sometime in Autumn time and then deliveries probably will take place sometime in Q1, but even that is very uncertain due to all the delays.

Generally seemed like Ford is not sharing anything with them, he couldn’t answer any of my questios about test drive etc., just said to look at Ford website, that’s all they have as well.

He did confirm several people have dropped their reservations and I’m seriously considering it myself. Reserved the vehicle over 6months ago and the communication from Ford has been horrible, few marketing emails and few execs giving interviews about how great the car is and how it’s not delayed, even everyone knows it is.

Looking forward to Tesla Battery Day. I wish they knew how to make good looking cars...
I have not heard that. My latest update was from last week and was given to me as solid dates. I have no reason to doubt that there has been a change.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mach-e’s-cuautitlan-plant-began-preparing-for-may-18-re-open-last-week.742/post-15083

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Reserved the vehicle over 6months ago and the communication from Ford has been horrible, few marketing emails and few execs giving interviews about how great the car is and how it’s not delayed, even everyone knows it is.
Sorry man, not sure what more you're looking for.
  • Ford sent out a marketing email last week called, "Designers talk Mustang Mach-E".
  • Dave Pericak gave an interview last week to Ben Sullins and said first deliveries late 2020.
  • Ford said deliveries delayed by the same amount of factory closure time.
  • Ford put out stories on how development was continuing during the lockdown.
  • Ford showed you the winter testing. Twice.
Seems to me that your questions have been well answered to the best of Ford's abilities. If you're looking for an excuse to cancel your reservation, I guarantee that you'll find one.

OP
OP

Florida7382

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
I have not heard that. My latest update was from last week and was given to me as solid dates. I have no reason to doubt that there has been a change.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/mach-e’s-cuautitlan-plant-began-preparing-for-may-18-re-open-last-week.742/post-15083
This is reassuring at least, I’m hoping my dealer just isn’t up to date then. He did say US plants are open again and the production continues- to which I said great but the MEE is made in Mexico and he went silent..

OP
OP

Florida7382

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Sorry man, not sure what more you're looking for.
  • Ford sent out a marketing email last week called, "Designers talk Mustang Mach-E".
  • Dave Pericak gave an interview last week to Ben Sullins and said first deliveries late 2020.
  • Ford said deliveries delayed by the same amount of factory closure time.
  • Ford put out stories on how development was continuing during the lockdown.
  • Ford showed you the winter testing. Twice.
Seems to me that your questions have been well answered to the best of Ford's abilities. If you're looking for an excuse to cancel your reservation, I guarantee that you'll find one.
Not looking for an excuse, I need this car over several reasons and I’m on a clock here before the window of opportunity closes. This is great, except none (?) of these are on Ford website nor communicated to the reservation holders. You’ll have to be proactive to be informed about the progress and frankly I don’t put as much value to 3rd party sources giving updates, compared to Ford coming out directly to me or my dealer and giving updates.

i hope the June timeline for ordering will hold and they’ll finally start revealing more info then.

OP
OP

Florida7382

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Called another dealer in the area and the initial conversation with some intern would had been a YouTube hit.

Anyhow, the EV rep said they’re expecting late summer/Autumn order process and delivery 12weeks from order date. I got the feeling that he was just making it up though. I guess the conclusion is they just don’t know yet but don’t want to say it too directly.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

I generally agree with what you're saying. But regarding the part above, I read that as the dealer not really knowing and just speculating on the timing (just as we're doing here).

I go back and forth on canceling my reservation and just looping around to buy one off the lot (a 2021 next summer/fall, or a 2022 after the bugs are worked out). I'm probably leaning 70% that way. I have the luxury of not really needing a new vehicle anytime soon. I just don't want to miss out on the $7500 tax credit. But now I'm pretty confident it should still be intact into 2022.

Although I'm also starting to wonder if the tax credit really matters much. Meaning, will Ford just discount the price by a similar amount once the tax credit runs out, like how GM has done with the Bolt?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Anyhow, the EV rep said they’re expecting late summer/Autumn order process and delivery 12weeks from order date. I got the feeling that he was just making it up though. I guess the conclusion is they just don’t know yet but don’t want to say it too directly.
Those dates would make sense for the GTs. Non-GT orders are supposed to start in June.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
orders sometime in Autumn time
I would actually prefer that IF it means after EPA ratings are officially announced and some production demos are sent out so reviewers can get their hands on them and report their findings. Still don't like the idea of finalizing an order before hearing what reviewers (like Edmunds) have to say.

Probably unlikely though. Another reason I'll probably end up waiting until next year.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
This is reassuring at least, I’m hoping my dealer just isn’t up to date then. He did say US plants are open again and the production continues- to which I said great but the MEE is made in Mexico and he went silent..
Honestly the dealers are useless - they aren't any better informed and they aren't interested in lifting a finger to learn more - despite the fact that Ford gave them an e-book with lots of information. I had to tell my dealer's expert that the book existed. I reserved a Select, and through this forum found out that the ebook has options listed (albeit without pricing), and I wanted to know more. I asked him if heated memory seats would be an option (they're excluded in the ford.com comparison doc). He finally got back to me and was wholly unconvincing - what I've seen elsewhere is that you need to buy an appearance package to get the convenience package with the heated seats. Last week I went online to 2 other NJ dealerships asking the same question - I would gladly give my business to a dealer that gives a crap and actually knows what they're talking about. I got an email stating "my quote was being prepared" from one and zip from the other.

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
I have seen an email with the delay announced...first delevery in the Netherlands early 2021 :(

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 520D Land Rover Evoque
Country flag
That would be a big disappointment ?. Can you share that mail or who is the source?

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
It is a members only forumpost on Tweakers so i am not comfortable sharing the email, i suspect we will all get this email soon....

Email expected later today....

Last edited:

FWE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 520D Land Rover Evoque
Country flag

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
Google translate

Dutch deliveries of Ford Mustang Mach-E postponed to early 2021
The Dutch deliveries of the electric Ford Mustang Mach-E have been postponed to the beginning of 2021. Due to the corona virus, production has been postponed, so that the planned deliveries cannot take place at the end of this year. This means that business drivers have to pay more addition.

An anonymous source tells Tweakers that the coronavirus has had a major impact on American Ford factories, delaying production and deliveries of the Mustang Mach-E. When Ford announced the Mustang Mach-E late last year, the manufacturer said it could bring the first electric Fords to the Netherlands this fall. Ford reportedly expects to be able to deliver the EV in the Netherlands in early 2021. It was already clear that Ford could not put the Mustang Mach-E into production until later. For example, Macheforum published an email sent to Norwegian customers stating that deliveries had been postponed to November.

Delaying the electric car mainly has an impact on business drivers. Anyone who puts a car on a license plate in 2020 will pay an additional 8 percent of the first 45,000 euros of the list price over the next five years. However, those who only register an EV in 2021 will pay a 12 percent addition to the first 40,000 euros of the list price for five years. By postponing the Mustang Mach-E, business drivers therefore pay more addition. It is not clear whether Ford will accommodate these customers in this.
Sponsored