Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
  • Banned
Continuing with cataloging issues from the recent OTA updates (https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/2-7-2-2-8-3-issues.18296/)

I got used to driving 1PD and rarely needed using breaks, so sometimes the break discs looked a bit rusty. After the latest updates I noticed regen became very weak, and I have to use breaks much more often, so now the discs look shiny and clean. That might also explain why the efficiency dropped by 10-20% from before the updates.
If I remember correctly, one of the updates fixed the issue with breaks being too grabby. I guess with that "fix" they degraded regen. There is probably no way to roll back those updates, so the only hope is that Ford will realize the problem and address it in some future updates, perhaps even before the time comes to trade the car for a new one.

Did you notice your regen became weak and/or your efficiency dropped after the updates?
Sponsored

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
Iā€™m at 2.7.4 and havenā€™t seen any change in 1PD mode. Just smoother

AdrianPaul

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, Premium, AWD Extended Range
Country flag
I also felt that the regen might have been doing less after the update that ā€œfixedā€ the brakes being too grabby, but donā€™t really have any way to measure it. I use 1PD consistently, and I noticed I was having to apply brakes when giving myself what had been a normal distance to let the 1PD bring me to a stop. Iā€™m getting used to giving it more distance now, but not sure if Iā€™m losing actual regen yet.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Mine changed after 1.60 or 1.7.1 and Iā€™d love to prove to anyone who says that update didnā€™t mess with those modules, if you want to compare, but itā€™s a very noticeable difference, just like what people are seeing now

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
I noticed it turned my 1pd off and I had to go into controls and turn back on.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Continuing with cataloging issues from the recent OTA updates (https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/2-7-2-2-8-3-issues.18296/)

I got used to driving 1PD and rarely needed using breaks, so sometimes the break discs looked a bit rusty. After the latest updates I noticed regen became very weak, and I have to use breaks much more often, so now the discs look shiny and clean. That might also explain why the efficiency dropped by 10-20% from before the updates.
If I remember correctly, one of the updates fixed the issue with breaks being too grabby. I guess with that "fix" they degraded regen. There is probably no way to roll back those updates, so the only hope is that Ford will realize the problem and address it in some future updates, perhaps even before the time comes to trade the car for a new one.

Did you notice your regen became weak and/or your efficiency dropped after the updates?
Yes I am a 1 pedal driver and for sure noticed a change. Trying to get used to letting foot off the pedal way sooner than I used to slow it down to a stop.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Definitely agree that regen used to be more impactful when I first got the car in March 2021. I believe I read on this forum that drive mode will also affect regen. Whisper being the lightest amount of regen, and Unbridled being the most. Because of that I keep it in unbridled mode, when I wouldnā€™t otherwise.
Even if the car is coasting further on regen, there should be a way to lightly press the brake that increases regen without applying the pad to the rotor. Of course itā€™s very difficult to know how much pedal pressure to apply to hit that optimal point.

OP
OP
RedStallion

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
  • Banned
Even if the car is coasting further on regen, there should be a way to lightly press the brake that increases regen without applying the pad to the rotor. Of course itā€™s very difficult to know how much pedal pressure to apply to hit that optimal point.
Yeah, that's how 1PD turns into 2PD.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
I wish the update allowed us to select the amount of regen we want when we release the throttle.
For me, I would set regen at the max, and use lessened throttle pressure to select in real-time what percent of full regen I want.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I'm on 2.7.4, been getting like 3 updates a week recently. I noticed the 1PD driving changed I think one or two updates before 2.7.4. It is without a doubt a lot less aggressive which ends with using the brake way more often. Even after I've kind of adjusted to it, I still find myself having to move to the brake pretty frequently. Before the updates I never touched my brake unless someone slammed on theirs.

I also live in a "mountain" area, its only 2,220 above sea level, but I get some pretty good twisties and canyon driving each day to work. I drive about 24 miles to my daughter's school and use 2% battery if that gives you any idea of the route. I had a driver profile setup on #2 that turned off lane detection and 1PD because having the brakes hitting in curves was annoying. Since the change I have actually forgotten to hit #2 multiple times. Typically I notice within the first 5 miles, now I can pretty much do the full 24 miles and not notice. Having the two profiles is really not even needed now.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing??? I dunno, its one peddle driving, having to move to the brake frequently defeats the entire purpose of one peddle driving. My guess is people complained about it so Ford changed it. If you did not like it, then don't use it....

chuckles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 RWD Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I didn't notice a huge change in the throttle response curve going from 1.7 to 2.8.3.

Note that whisper, engage, and unbridled all have different throttle curves--and if you press and hold the center button, you can toggle L mode for a bonus curve.

Be sure to only try these all out on a straight road with no one in front of you...

OP
OP
RedStallion

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Note that whisper, engage, and unbridled all have different throttle curves--and if you press and hold the center button, you can toggle L mode for a bonus curve.
The L-button doesn't do anything for 1PD, it only works in 2PD mode. I wish Ford would think about such an obvious thing as to making regen strength customizable, but they didn't.
Sponsored