jaash

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Mine started doing this immediately after I received the latest OTA update. After a couple of days, I figured out that the lights had been reset to "on" from "auto" even though I never touched the light switch. Also, the "on" indicator light was not on -- all of the indicator lights were off. I manually turned the dial to set the lights back to auto setting, and all is good now. Also....I guess my headlights were staying on after I walked away, so the annoying sound isn't the worst part!
Sponsored

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
The mystery ding ding is driving me nuts.
Sometimes it does it a couple of minutes after I get out of the garage.
As if there is red light camera or a schools zone.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Try turning off myTrends™ in SYNC settings (iirc) and school zone warnings in the navigation app.

RosarioM

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
I sometimes get this while I’m driving. It could be 30 minutes into my ride and ding ding. Nothing. No warning no lights. Sometimes it happens once. Sometimes twice in a trip. Sometimes I can go months and it doesn’t happen.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I sometimes get this while I’m driving. It could be 30 minutes into my ride and ding ding. Nothing. No warning no lights. Sometimes it happens once. Sometimes twice in a trip. Sometimes I can go months and it doesn’t happen.
Have you tried all the tips from this thread?

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
Try turning off myTrends™ in SYNC settings (iirc) and school zone warnings in the navigation app.
I like the school zone and red light warning. Just don’t want it to ding at me when neither is around.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I like the school zone and red light warning. Just don’t want it to ding at me when neither is around.
Ah. I know we can make most map corrections through HERE Maps Creator (on the app store), but I don't know how to correct school zones or traffic camera locations. They might be getting those from a different provider.

kkriskal

First Name
KK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
It is the lights. This happened to me on my earlier 2021 Mach E after an update where the lights automatically by itself move from Auto to On position and it makes that sound. It was fixed later on. Looks like they have reintroduced that problem after a recent update.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
It is the lights. This happened to me on my earlier 2021 Mach E after an update where the lights automatically by itself move from Auto to On position and it makes that sound. It was fixed later on. Looks like they have reintroduced that problem after a recent update.
The light switch issue isn't resolved yet, but it seems like most people in this thread (at least, more recently??) are complaining about "ding ding" while driving, which isn't the lights.

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
It’s not the light. It’s just 2 dings, like when you are coming to a stop light that has a camera or coming up on a school zone.
But there is no message like the other two.

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
What the temperature outside? Do you see a snowflake at the instrument cluster after ding ding?

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
What the temperature outside? Do you see a snowflake at the instrument cluster after ding ding?
Good question. I don’t remember though. It might have been below the 38F threshold. I’ll look for that next time it happens. Thanks for being that up.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I am 99% this is the navigation system giving you a trip suggestion. You can't see the suggestion unless you have the navigation window up so there is no obvious cause for the dinging. But if you have it up you can see it is suggesting a trip based on your driving history. It is annoying but I just ignore it.

OP
OP
Scooby24

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
So...no idea if this is related but my driver's side seatbelt failed and it started out slow and then full on failed.

I ended up with weird messages like rear passenger seatbelt malfunction...I figured it was a module going out but my dealer's tech diagnosed as driver's seatbelt.

They replaced it and I've not had any dinging since.

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
I am 99% this is the navigation system giving you a trip suggestion. You can't see the suggestion unless you have the navigation window up so there is no obvious cause for the dinging. But if you have it up you can see it is suggesting a trip based on your driving history. It is annoying but I just ignore it.
I'm with this one. I will get these, every once in a while and they seem nav related. Even if you don't have it up on the display, the Ford nav system may still be running in the background.
Sponsored