Display mismatch (light vs dark)

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
A quick search didn't show up this before so... Today I had an odd one. I started the car and the middle display showed up in white. I've had similar things happen were occasionally the screen world revert to light or auto mode, but I checked and it showed up as dark.

I tried restarting and switching modes, but it stayed in the white mode. One thing that changed was Android Auto would switch based on the setting but nothing else.
PXL_20210505_130733071.MP.jpg

FYI - Next time I started the vehicle it was back to working correctly.
Sponsored

Phxboiler

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy bolt
Country flag
I have had the same issues. Curious if anyone found a solution. I like mine in dark. When it goes to white on random startups the color of my car is wrong too.

exact33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Fusion
Country flag
I had this happen once but I turned the vehicle off and back on and everything was good. Has not happened since.

OP
OP
JCHLi

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Yes the mismatch only happened once for me so far. I've had the settings revert before but what surprised me this time was that the settings said "dark" but it clearly wasn't in dark mode.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
This has happened a few times to me. Just Another Bug. I reset Sync.

kirkus02

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e, Explorer, Silverado
Country flag
This has happened a few times to me. Just Another Bug. I reset Sync.
how do you reset sync? Just by turning the car off and then on again? Or is there another way?

This happened to me tonight, but just turning the car off and on didn't fix it. I just got home and i'm going to check it out in an hour or so to see if it reverted back.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
how do you reset sync? Just by turning the car off and then on again? Or is there another way?

This happened to me tonight, but just turning the car off and on didn't fix it. I just got home and i'm going to check it out in an hour or so to see if it reverted back.
On the right side of the steering wheel push and hold the volume down and the forward seek for 10 seconds or so

kirkus02

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e, Explorer, Silverado
Country flag
On the right side of the steering wheel push and hold the volume down and the forward seek for 10 seconds or so
Thanks! Ended up not needing to do it as my display returned to normal, but it's good to know!

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Same thing happened to me yesterday while running errands during my lunch break. I didn't fiddle with it too much, other than trying to set it back to dark (which didn't work).

By the time I left work it had sorted itself out.

I've had other little oddities like this one, which usually correct themselves the next time I drive. Hoping future updates will iron out these bugs.
Sponsored