First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 xDrive40i & Mach E FE Carbonized Gray
Country flag
Was there a cutout for the volume knob?
I believe there is. Mine should arrive next week and I’ll confirm.

UPDATE 03.12.2021: It arrived this week and I can confirm there is cut-out for volume knob. I have not yet installed it and just saw MurphyDog's review and experience (below)... I'll give it a try, but admittedly I'm a little hesitant and hope it wasn't a mistake to purchase.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MurphyDog

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I installed the screen protector from OCDPlug and I absolutely hated it. Its matte finish made the screen look dull and slightly out of focus. That was a waste of money. After a couple hours of trying to like it I took it off and chucked it in the garbage.

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
I installed the screen protector from OCDPlug and I absolutely hated it. Its matte finish made the screen look dull and slightly out of focus. That was a waste of money. After a couple hours of trying to like it I took it off and chucked it in the garbage.
I knew that would happen lol. But other people on here say it's perfect and gets rid of glare and fingerprints :p

MTNestr

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE MME
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mine is due to arrive on Friday. I’ll post my opinion once I install. I hope I didn’t waste my money.

OP
OP

danielespy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME RWD-ER Star White, Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Hi guys...news about new installations from someone ??
:)

capt_jak_harkness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
Hi guys...news about new installations from someone ??
:)
I bought both the instrument panel and main touchscreen. I hated the instrument panel and took it off (you don't really touch it ever, so no need for fingerprint protection, and the fuzziness and obvious plastic line of the protector and the bubbles annoyed me).

Main screen I left on. It does make things slightly fuzzy as it's matte, and I have a few annoying bubbles that won't go away. But overall it does help with fingerprints. And you can't notice the bubbles when the screen is on. I am going to keep it on until another/better option comes along (like the spigen option for tesla screens).

It is expensive, so there's that too. If you absolutely hate fingerprints and you understand its drawbacks and they are acceptable to you then definitely get it and it'll be great. In my opinion, if you don't have the car yet or aren't massively bothered about fingerprints I'd wait until other better/cheaper alternatives.

And the instrument panel protection is not worth it imo.

MTNestr

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE MME
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I installed my OCD Screen on Sunday. Installation was easy once I understood the instructions. I’ve never used soapy water to install a screen protector before.

Once installed there is some soapy streaks and bubbles under the screen protector which OCD says is normal and will go away with time. On day 2 most of the streaks have disappeared but there is still numerous bubbles remaining. I will give it a few more days and if the bubbles don’t clear up I will also remove mine.

The protector provides a matte finish but it did not affect visibility too much.

MTNestr

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Grabber Blue FE MME
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I installed my OCD Screen on Sunday. Installation was easy once I understood the instructions. I’ve never used soapy water to install a screen protector before.

Once installed there is some soapy streaks and bubbles under the screen protector which OCD says is normal and will go away with time. On day 2 most of the streaks have disappeared but there is still numerous bubbles remaining. I will give it a few more days and if the bubbles don’t clear up I will also remove mine.

The protector provides a matte finish but it did not affect visibility too much.

Update

I took a very objective look again at the screen protector. To be fair to OCD I think I could have done a better job with my installation.

I reached out to OCD to see if they would send me a new screen protector so I could try again to do a better job of installation. OCD was quick to reply and will send a replacement but also wanted to get a picture of the spots and a description of how I installed the product.

I drove my Mach-E about 60 miles today which was a bright sunny day. I felt that the clarity of the screen protector was very good. I also like the matte finish which does not show any finger prints.

When I get the new screen protector I feel I can learn from my mistakes on the first installation and if so I will be very pleased with the screen protector.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I just ordered both too. Can't wait!!

Wife just texted she wants one for the Explorer ST 10.1 inch screen too! Now I have two orders in. LOL
Here’s after I put the OCDPlug screen protector on. You can tell the glare is significantly less. It’s not like a big mirror anymore.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Display protection 37DA478E-8B08-4D3C-9375-EC33C8DE6D16

Sorry about the sun spot in the CarPlay box. It’s really sunny today.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Here’s after I put the OCDPlug screen protector on. You can tell the glare is significantly less. It’s not like a big mirror anymore.

Sorry about the sun spot in the CarPlay box. It’s really sunny today.
I just assumed you had J.J. Abrams direct the shoot.

Slowlsx9749

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e
Country flag
i dont think you thoroughly read the instructions. If you added too much soap to the solution there will be haze and have a blurry look for several hours and possibly even days if its cold where you are. prime example is here, they used way to much water but after 3 days it cleared up.

Im not affiliated with this company but i do have the product and a lot of people on the fb groups have it as well and love it.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
i dont think you thoroughly read the instructions. If you added too much soap to the solution there will be haze and have a blurry look for several hours and possibly even days if its cold where you are. prime example is here, they used way to much water but after 3 days it cleared up.

Im not affiliated with this company but i do have the product and a lot of people on the fb groups have it as well and love it.

you could have tagged @Mach-E VLOG :)

MurphyDog

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I did read. Did not like the matte finish or the feeling of it. Glad you like it. I'll wait for an alternative solution.