Do I have BLUECRUISE?? Can someone help?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Here is what I don't understand: Ford sent us communications that BC was coming via OTA. I got most (all?) of the prep series 2.7.x OTA's. On my Ford account, under Connected Sevices, it still says that BC is coming via OTA. It specifically says that i dont have to do anything.

At no point did Ford tell me that I needed to take the car in to have BC manually updated. When I learned of that option, through this forum, I scheduled a service visit for today. When I got there today, they told me the BC install was no longer available. I asked them to find out what options I have.

I haven't verified, but my impression was that Job 1 cars, like mine, were going to receive BC. We would owe $500 ($600 minus the early adopter $100 incentive), but would still get it. It doesn't seem like that is an option.

False advertising? Any other options?
False expectations is a better description. Ford believed they would be able to install BlueCruise via OTA on all Job 1 vehicles (with appropriate hardware) by now.

If your car is like mine, then the OTAs would say they installed successfully yet in fact they did not. For owners like us with that scenario, the ONLY way to get the software is by cable. You should have received a letter in the mail with a notice for 21G01 back in the spring. That letter had the Sept expiration date if I remember correctly.

But yeah, it did say we could do nothing and just wait for the OTAs. I received all those too.....BC still didn't work. Some cars just can't take the OTAs for whatever reason....

???
Sponsored

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
Oh wow. This is bad.

Iā€™m stuck on 2.7.4 as well. I want Blue Cruise, but I never got motivated enough to go do 21G01. I figured that Iā€™ll wait until next service. I didnā€™t realize that thereā€™s a September deadline.

Whatā€™s my option now? Go buy the equipments and do the upgrade myself?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
If your car is stuck on updates, get it unstuck by the dealer. Then you should get the OTA updates.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Oh wow. This is bad.

Iā€™m stuck on 2.7.4 as well. I want Blue Cruise, but I never got motivated enough to go do 21G01. I figured that Iā€™ll wait until next service. I didnā€™t realize that thereā€™s a September deadline.

Exactly what I did. Took about 11 hours working diligently. Follow the instructions VERY carefully.

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
i am going to ask Ford (via the Ford folks who monitor this forum) if there is any recourse. I too patiently waited for the OTA updates, since I wasn't interested in leaving it with the dealer for several days, just for BC. Well, as we found, some of us never received OTA updates (I did receive other updates, like maps and HVBJB, so the car is capable of receiving and loading them). Wereit just BC, I probably would not be concerned. But the fact that most of the included module updates in 21G01 are not BC related, I feel we should at least get these updated at no charge. I'll report back when I get a response.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
This really feels like something Ford corporate should get involved with. I don't have BC, so I don't have a pony in the race (pun intended), but seriously? I also thought every single MME that was produced prior to BC rolling out could add it for no charge. Maybe I was not following it closely, because no BC in my car, but I think many people were assuming the same thing I did.

@Ford Motor Company, at least DM those on this thread that don't have BC and should, and help them get a resolution. Please. It is the right thing to do. And it will cost you next to nothing.

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
This really feels like something Ford corporate should get involved with. I don't have BC, so I don't have a pony in the race (pun intended), but seriously? I also thought every single MME that was produced prior to BC rolling out could add it for no charge. Maybe I was not following it closely, because no BC in my car, but I think many people were assuming the same thing I did.

@Ford Motor Company, at least DM those on this thread that don't have BC and should, and help them get a resolution. Please. It is the right thing to do. And it will cost you next to nothing.
For us early buyers, (June 1, 2021 for me) BC was a $600 option (which I believe was purchasable even after you took delivery). Sometime later, the $600 was just added to the MSRP and BC was added as a standard feature. At least that's always been my impression.

Phil-Springs

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CA RT1 AWD Extended DMG 2022
Country flag
All I know is my July 11 built car always tells me blue cruise is available. Iā€™ve used Hands on blue cruise a lot. Iā€™ve never seen hands free activate. Who knows .. ford and software are just inconsistent.

cmsva1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti G35
Country flag
Oh wow. This is bad.

I had a similar issue with my ā€˜21 SELECT. Blue Cruise was supposedly installed properly. Blue Cruise was active on my account. I tried for 6 weeks and it never went to hands free Blue Cruise.

Brought it to the dealer. They worked with Ford directly to learn how to properly install it. After they reinstalled, success!!

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
I had a similar issue with my ā€˜21 SELECT. Blue Cruise was supposedly installed properly. Blue Cruise was active on my account. I tried for 6 weeks and it never went to hands free Blue Cruise.

Brought it to the dealer. They worked with Ford directly to learn how to properly install it. After they reinstalled, success!!
That's the issue now - the dealer won't install it. Now that the 21G01 program has expired, there does not appear to be an alternate option. My dealer has my car now and says they can't do anything about BC. They assume I will get it via OTA at some point. I am sure they are just guessing.

Thank you in advance @GW Shark. Feel free to reach out for specific data (VIN, dealer, etc) if it would prove helpful.

Fwiw, I never received any notice in the mail that BlueCruise wasn't coming by OTA. If not for this forum, I would be completely blind. Seems like an email or a Fordpass notification would be a good way to ensure folks get the message. I did get the glass recall notes via snail mail and fordpass, so they have my address.

There seems to be two issues - some have OTA issues with being "stuck". I don't believe that applies to me. While not all that frequent, I have continued to get OTA's, including the recent dcfc charging update. But the last "series" update I recall was of the 2.7.x BC prep ones back in maybe May? No 3.x updates, unfortunately.

I wonder if the earlier Job 1 cars (mine was delivered in March '21) are getting left behind?

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
I heard back from Ford. They were very prompt with messaging and a rep called me this afternoon. However it really just confirms what we thought. It was a time limited update that is no longer showing up as available to us. It is very possible the update will still come OTA but nothing definite. Of course, if we have any problems, give them a call, message, etc. But, other than not receiving the update, I have no vehicle issues. So, bottom line, no joy! Sorry, folks.