Do you regret the panoramic sun roof

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rogue
Country flag
Does anyone regret the fixed glass sun roof?
too bad it doesn’t have a shade.
or does anyone not have it and wish they did? Hey
Sponsored

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
My First Edition has a glass roof. I absolutely love it. Wouldn’t change it if the option to do so now existed. I don’t have an issue with excessive heat transfer through it. And the light doesn’t cause an issue for me either.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
There are after market shades available. Truthfully though, most people are quite happy with the sunroof as is. Even those in perpetual sunny areas such as myself (Hawaii) and those in “Sunny and hot, 362 days of the year” (Phoenix) are happy with them. The heat transmission through the sunroof seems to rather limited due to the coatings used by Ford. The roof gives the car a much more airy feeling.

Texas-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
No regrets for me. I live in a really hot part of the country, and I bought a shade for it but never used it.

I'm the guy who would also keep the shade closed on my sunroof and never opened it, too.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
No regrets. At the Drive EV event yesterday had several folks express concern about the heat. We were parked in full sun all day and I'd ask them to place their hand a few inches below the glass, no heat felt, touch the glass and you could feel the heat. It does a great job of letting in some light, making the car feel more roomy and keeps out the excess heat.

I am jealous of the rear seat passengers now because they get the full view out the roof

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Same, no regrets. My only issue is it makes me feel quite dumb to put up windshield shades when the whole roof is open. I’m trying to let that go and just ignore them since the windshield is IRR also. But i swear holding my hand up to the windshield i feel more heat come through it than the roof glass.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Same, no regrets. My only issue is it makes me feel quite dumb to put up windshield shades when the whole roof is open. I’m trying to let that go and just ignore them since the windshield is IRR also. But i swear holding my hand up to the windshield i feel more heat come through it than the roof glass.
I also feel more heat through the windshield than the roof. But I feel the most through the side windows.

EVready

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB GLC300, BMW M240xi, Lexus RX350
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I see that the consensus is that people like it. My question regarding those of us who are follically challenged plus have to be careful of exposure to the sun for health reasons - does this coating protect you totally?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Does anyone regret the fixed glass sun roof?
too bad it doesn’t have a shade.
or does anyone not have it and wish they did? Hey
I was skeptical but had no choice so I took it. Now that we have made it through the summer I can report it hasn't been an issue at all. During the hot sunny days, I don't notice any extra heat gain. During overcast days it is nice for the extra light transmission into the cabin.

No regrets except for the pending recall. If I have to take my car back to have it replaced then I might be singing a different song. Stay tuned.

hetgeleteken

First Name
Martijn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf Estate, Ford Mustang Mach-E AWD ER Lucid Red Tech+ reserved
Country flag
Love it and my kids do as well, feels so spacious and it has much better heat reflection than any car I have previously driven. Too bad the glue is of mediocre quality, but I trust that Ford gets that sorted through the recall. Just annoying that I probably have to miss my car for a few days or so.
Sponsored