Reinhard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Metallic MME, PR ER AWD, Mar 30, 21
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The panoramic sunroof was of concern to me as well. I have a Tesla 3 with the same feature, and I feel it does become somewhat uncomfortable if the car is parked in the sun for a few hours. It takes about 10 minutes with the A/C on full blast to feel comfortable. However Iā€™ve noticed that my Mach E has a darker tint than the Tesla 3 so hopefully this will be less on an issue, although I wonā€™t know for sure until summer of 2021.
I would not worry about it. I currently drive a Kia Sportage, yes, I apologize, ICE, I am new to EVs. Anyway, I have the large glass roof , front and back, with a sunshade. I NEVER close the sunshade because I love the light, and it does not get too hot in the (black) car. I live in SW Florida, so if it works here it should work anywhere. LOL

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I would not worry about it. I currently drive a Kia Sportage, yes, I apologize, ICE, I am new to EVs. Anyway, I have the large glass roof , front and back, with a sunshade. I NEVER close the sunshade because I love the light, and it does not get too hot in the (black) car. I live in SW Florida, so if it works here it should work anywhere. LOL
I expect the low emissivity glass roof will be cooler than a black metal roof.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Do you guys know if the glass is tinted by the manufacturer or can we add a tint to it? Are the rest of the windows tinted?

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I have to say I didnā€™t like the idea of being in direct sunlight from the glass roof as I do not like being outdoors during the day without my sunglasses and hat on.

In practice though, I have found the Mach-Eā€™s glass roof to be very well tinted. Itā€™s only March, but I have not yet been bothered when the sun is shining on me through the roof.

Itā€™s also worth noting that the glass roof doesnā€™t come so forward over the front seats. Most sunroofs I have been under in other cars, the glass is right over your head. This is not the case with the Mach-E, so you do not get as much direct sunlight on you from the top as you might first expect.

On a related note, I like that the windshield is normal sized and not like a Model X, where the windshield extends a little over your head. I have found the sun really bothersome in that vehicle when I have driven it.

The flipside to all this is that the glass roof is really something the back seat passengers will enjoy more, as it is barely in the driverā€™s upper peripheral vision. Also looks fantastic from the outside.

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
I expect the low emissivity glass roof will be cooler than a black metal roof.
Depends on the quality and insulation value of the headliner, does it not?

But we will see what the summer brings, and then see what the laws of physics dictates.:)

Last edited:

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I guess I chose the wrong thread. Must be several of these.

Irfan

First Name
Irfan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Investments
Country flag
I have a reservation on a GT and when I found out there would be no sunshade (like I have on my Macan) I was concerned since I live in Florida and the summers are brutal and the sun shines most of the time year round. Does anyone else have this concern? As an experiment, I started driving my Macan full-time with the sunshade retracted just to see if I could stand it. Surprisingly (to me), it has NOT been an issue! Even when the sun is shining directly on me, it's not a problem. Hopefully it will be the same with the GT.
Iā€™ve been driving my premium Mach E In Southern California for the past 3 months and I havenā€™t had an issue. However the very first time I had passengers in the back seat they both complained about the pano roof and the overhead sun in their eyes. The driver and the front passenger do not face this problem because the pano starts right above their heads so no overhead sun in their eyes. I think itā€™s enough of an issue that I ordered a pano roof shade from a company called ā€œ Tesmanian, ā€œa company in Pomona California.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
Iā€™ve been driving my premium Mach E In Southern California for the past 3 months and I havenā€™t had an issue. However the very first time I had passengers in the back seat they both complained about the pano roof and the overhead sun in their eyes. The driver and the front passenger do not face this problem because the pano starts right above their heads so no overhead sun in their eyes. I think itā€™s enough of an issue that I ordered a pano roof shade from a company called ā€œ Tesmanian, ā€œa company in Pomona California.
This one, right?
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/ford-mustang-mach-e-glass-roof-sunshade.3347/post-155570

Omar

First Name
OMAR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Occupation
Military
Country flag
Doesnā€˜t the GT come stock with a steel roof?
Yes steel roof is the standar in the GT. The panoramic roof is an add on canā€™t remember the amount but was around $1000 plus.