Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I’m guessing due to anecdotal evidence that the panoramic roof does reject IR since so many people are saying that their cars are cool inside. It may or may not have an additive that is specifically designed as such and it definitely does not have a marking stating that it is IRR, but based on peoples’ experience it does reject IR.
Sponsored

monolith10101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier
Country flag
Interesting, I went all summer with the car in Phoenix without issue. The roof was hot to touch but I did not feel heat radiate through. I put tint on all windows except the pano roof. I definitely felt heat through side windows before I did that.

I guess it's subjective.
Similar experience for us here while staying in Palm Springs over the summer in ~110 degree temperatures. I never noticed the car getting any hotter than any other car I’ve owned or driven in after it sits outside in the heat. If anything, it was better.

Groktopus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CA Route1 ext AWD, 234,557 GP (gerbil power)
Occupation
Software
Country flag
The roof has a special coating (low-emissivity), does not specifically say IRR.

1620595965670.png

Here's your comma.

1620596113889.png
Wow, that is a really odd choice of wording.

The windshield should be a separate bullet point without the "includes". None of these other points say "includes", which is already implicit in the document. Its inclusion here leads to the reader to think it's included as part of the pano roof.

I would hope they'd resolve their other pano roof issues before attempting the uber-pano-windsheld approach.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Wow, that is a really odd choice of wording.

The windshield should be a separate bullet point without the "includes". None of these other points say "includes", which is already implicit in the document. Its inclusion here leads to the reader to think it's included as part of the pano roof.

I would hope they'd resolve their other pano roof issues before attempting the uber-pano-windsheld approach.
I think what they were going for is that they are packaged together. If you get the pano roof the IRR windshield is included. No pano roof, no IRR windshield.
Sponsored