John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I agree with everyone else. As someone who does not like being under direct sunlight when the sun is strong and do not like sunroofs on other cars for this reason, the Mach-E’s panoramic roof has really surprised me in how outstanding it is in blocking out the strong sun’s rays and repelling heat.
Hard agree.

I *hate* light. I *hate* the sun. For all intents and purposes, I should be a damned vampire. The glass roof doesn’t bother me a bit, even with the sun directly overhead. My Acura RDX had a panoramic roof too, but it also had a sunshade. Given what I mentioned before, I kept it closed 95% of the time, because even tinted, the RDX let in a lot of light. I’ve got no qualms at all with the Mach-E.

I’ll bust Ford’s chops when it’s deserved, no doubt, but the panoramic roof sun screening is done very well.
Sponsored

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I absolutely HATE it. my head gets sunburned when I go places for any length of time in my car. I don't want to have to wear a hat. I don't know why every EV thinks it's a good idea. I hope this design trend ends soon, before my lease is up. I'm surprised that all the people in front of me here like it so much. I have stayed at home on sunny days because I don't want to be out in the sun. And yes, my head really has gotten sunburned thru the roof. If i wanted to be exposed to the sun, I'd drive one of my father's old convertibles from the 60s and put the top down. The fact that it was not optional is even worse. Worst car I've ever had. and at least 30% of my dislike for the mach-e comes from the glass roof.
The glass blocks a HUGE percentage of UV light. I didn't order the glass roof for my MME GT, but what you are describing seems impossible.

Quick-Start

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Does anyone regret the fixed glass sun roof?
too bad it doesn’t have a shade.
or does anyone not have it and wish they did? Hey
I purchased at aftermarket sunroof reflective sunshade for $100 (exactly like this one on Amazon for $50: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B098RQWDBG/ref=emc_b_5_t). I have a sun sensitive eye condition, so this has been a lifesaver. Also, in the 115F Arizona desert, it really cools things down alot. Made my Mach-e enjoyment factor go up 10x fold!

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
I sat in the select first(I'm a weirdo, I didn't order mine ahead, I just went to dealers...) I felt claustrophobic in the select. I got in a premium, and fell in love right away

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
Does anyone regret the fixed glass sun roof?
too bad it doesn’t have a shade.
or does anyone not have it and wish they did? Hey
Why would I regret it. I love it. Heat or light is not an issue. Our roof was installed properly and well aligned so even if we get a recall on it I probably will not carry in for re-placement. If it ain't broke....don't F$#K with it

Joelalt

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I see that the consensus is that people like it. My question regarding those of us who are follically challenged plus have to be careful of exposure to the sun for health reasons - does this coating protect you totally?
Yes, I've been follically challenged for 50 years now and the sun doesn't bother me at all. I do keep a hat nearby but have only put it on twice as the sun was in my eyes. I love the roof and am also jealous of the people in the back seat.

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
I originally was going to get the Select model just to avoid the pano roof. I ended up with the premium and love the pano roof. Going through a full summer with it in northern Cali I thought it would be a problem with light and heat. I couldn't have been more wrong. I echo everyone else when I say that Ford knocked it out of the park with the pano roof.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I absolutely HATE it. my head gets sunburned when I go places for any length of time in my car. I don't want to have to wear a hat. I don't know why every EV thinks it's a good idea. I hope this design trend ends soon, before my lease is up. I'm surprised that all the people in front of me here like it so much. I have stayed at home on sunny days because I don't want to be out in the sun. And yes, my head really has gotten sunburned thru the roof. If i wanted to be exposed to the sun, I'd drive one of my father's old convertibles from the 60s and put the top down. The fact that it was not optional is even worse. Worst car I've ever had. and at least 30% of my dislike for the mach-e comes from the glass roof.
In Oregon, you’re getting sunburn through the sunroof? You must be exceptionally sensitive to sunlight.

vinny2487

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E CA Route 1 (Star White)
Country flag
I enjoy the roof. I love how it makes the car feel more open and less confined. As for the issue of heat, no issue at all. I do wish it had a retractale cover like in the ID.4. I would like to have the option to close it. It's why I bought the Tesmanian cover, which works extremely well if you want to block out 100% of the light.

5bee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Automotive
Country flag
So good to seen all these positive reviews. I will have my space white GT any day now with a glass roof. I too am one of those people who always keeps the shade screen closed on my sun roofs as I don't care for the sun beating down. Only ordered this option because the wife wanted it"loaded". Wasn't going to argue as I got my GT . Anyway... no regrets now after heading all these reviews. Thanks !

Last edited:

Honhme

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity PHEV; 2018 Ioniq EV
Occupation
State employee
Country flag
My wife is not a fan of sunroofs in any car that we have had. So I ordered the Select version and am satisfied with the regular roof. More importantly, my wife is too!!

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Ya unless you have some medical sun sensitivity I call BS on getting a sun burn. Maybe you are getting it outside of the car. I’m bald and been in 113 degree weather for about 2 ish hours with zero issue.

Racdos

First Name
Rac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium, Audi Q5
Country flag
I love it. I don't notice any major heat transfer and the light filtering is adequate even on hot days in Southern California. It makes it feel more roomy which is nice for the back passengers.

My complaint is with the lack of UV/light filtering on the windows and windshield. working on getting tint/UV protection added soon
Sponsored