wheelsee

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 2 Select AWD MME Comfort/Tech
Country flag
I see people who have cars older than you are still complaining your newer car came with more features.

Yet they don't understanding your note that your NEWER car has LESS features than their OLDER car.

Make it make sense @wheelsee.
reading and comprehension is a tough skill.
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I see people who have cars older than yours are still complaining your newer car came with more features.

Yet they don't understanding your note that your NEWER car has LESS features than their OLDER car.

No we get it.

We just donā€™t think itā€™s something worth complaining about.

This has only been the case for a few weeks. And many of those older cars still donā€™t have the features working. And theyā€™ve been waiting over a YEAR to get them.

OP is upset because itā€™s been a few weeks?

Not gonna find sympathy here. Especially not from job 1 owners. And it seems most of the job 2 owners understand how these rollouts work.

bs1055

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Eng/M&A
Country flag
No we get it.

This has only been the case for a few weeks. And many of those older cars still donā€™t have the features working. And theyā€™ve been waiting over a YEAR to get them.

Not gonna find sympathy here. Especially not from job 1 owners. And it seems most of the job 2 owners understand how these rollouts work.
In fact, it seems you donā€™t get it. Itā€™s not an update competition.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Itā€™s not about ā€œgettingā€ that part.

We just seem to disagree.

It actually is a competition. Ford can only focus on prioritizing rollouts of updates for one group at a time.

And I think that prioritizing Job 1 cars makes a lot of sense for a lot of reasons:

1. They bought their cars first
2. They havenā€™t had major features (like Bluecruise) for significant amounts of time, despite paying extra for a vehicle thatā€™s capable of Bluecruise.

#2 is a big one. Had to get 360 camera and Active options on the car to get BC and people have had to wait over a year. Job 2 cars didnā€™t pay squat for the ā€œfeaturesā€ the OP is missing.

So yeah, I think itā€™s fair that the job 1 cars have fordā€™s attention and priority with updates.

Itā€™s not as simple as ā€œeveryone gets the same updates all at once.ā€ We are dealing with limited resources and Ford is prioritizing job 1 at the moment.

I think thatā€™s just fine.

And Iā€™m a job 2 car (GTPE).

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
reading and comprehension is a tough skill.
I agree, which is why that reply and this one:
I see people who have cars older than yours are still complaining your newer car came with more features.

Are important to call out. Because the features are DIFFERENT. Nobody (*) has LESS.

Job 2 have frunk release, for example, which I know some don't care about, but at least one person on here mentions in just about every post they post, to where those of us that have been on here a while @-him whenever it comes up.

Job 1 have the charging curve update, for example, which I know some don't care about, and others care about.

Any one person caring about Feature A vs. B changes how important they consider the feature, but it doesn't change its existence.

The reason Job 1 people are coming at this so much is because Job 2 had features they cared about, like BlueCruise, much, much later than Job 2, and in fact some Job 1 people still don't have it. So this idea that "oh woe is me as a Job 2 owner" strikes some as whining.

(*) For what it's worth, many Job 1 folks are the actual only ones that truly have LESS, because they are stuck at 1.7.x still and don't have any of this stuff yet. They are stuck there because of a bug around getting there, apparently, and their cars are in a bad state now, which is exactly what Ford is trying to avoid. So maybe, just maybe, their experience tells us that insisting Ford move FASTER, FASTER, FASTER isn't necessary the right thing to ask for.

OP
OP
wheelsee

wheelsee

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 2 Select AWD MME Comfort/Tech
Country flag
No we get it.

yet the forum is filled(and indeed this thread) with owners whining about being stuck without features.

so no im not going to give job 1 owners an ounce of sympathy and in fact from the beginning of this post Iā€™ve said this isnā€™t about job 1 owners.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
But there's no reason why Ford's software deployment resources should be limited at this point.
On the contrary, there is. Manpower.
It's about Job 2's if its not applicable to you just keep scrolling.
See above.
Is there a limited supply of ice cream where you live?
As a matter of fact, there is. It's a large supply but still limited. Most of it has about a 12-day journey getting here. I do, however, know the location of one of the few ice cream factories in the state. It's less than 20 minutes away too. And open to the public. I'm not telling though, as then my ice cream supply might be limited. :p
For you. I would use it frequently.
If it was more convenient I'd use it all the time.
this is about Job 2's having literally 1 update that only renewed BC maps.
There isn't much to update 2021 Job 2 and later cars atm. Those will likely start coming after Ford officially finishes its BlueCruise PowerUp rollout to job 1 cars. There's still the frunk remote release capability to add to Job 1 cars, but I suspect that will take a bit more time. I think we will all be getting the enhanced UI update on a single wave of rollouts
Loses all credibility
Ask @Jimrpa about the frunk. There, I let the frunk tiger loose. :p
Apparently, it is. :p
Job 1 have the charging curve update, for example, which I know some don't care about, and others care about.
I could not possibly care less. DCFC will never be a thing here for reasons that have nothing to do with this thread and everything to do with infrastructure and inertia. Bigger screen Carplay? You can have it. Carplay directions on the instrument cluster? I use native nav, it's less flakey on navigating our roads and pronounces the Hawaiian names almost correctly at that.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
The frunk button is probably the biggest waste of a feature trust me.
No. The CarPlay screen takes that prize. A remote opening frunk would be incredibly useful.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
On the contrary, there is. Manpower.

See above.

As a matter of fact, there is. It's a large supply but still limited. Most of it has about a 12-day journey getting here. I do, however, know the location of one of the few ice cream factories in the state. It's less than 20 minutes away too. And open to the public. I'm not telling though, as then my ice cream supply might be limited. :p

If it was more convenient I'd use it all the time.

There isn't much to update 2021 Job 2 and later cars atm. Those will likely start coming after Ford officially finishes its BlueCruise PowerUp rollout to job 1 cars. There's still the frunk remote release capability to add to Job 1 cars, but I suspect that will take a bit more time. I think we will all be getting the enhanced UI update on a single wave of rollouts

Ask @Jimrpa about the frunk. There, I let the frunk tiger loose. :p

Apparently, it is. :p

I could not possibly care less. DCFC will never be a thing here for reasons that have nothing to do with this thread and everything to do with infrastructure and inertia. Bigger screen Carplay? You can have it. Carplay directions on the instrument cluster? I use native nav, it's less flakey on navigating our roads and pronounces the Hawaiian names almost correctly at that.
Thank you for not saying ā€œkrakenā€. šŸ˜€

Joking aside, I think the frunk issue boils down to ā€œfamiliarity breeds contempt.ā€ All the people with remote frunk opening capability claim ā€œoh, itā€™s uselessā€, or ā€œI never use it - give me Apple TV+ in the instrument. clusterā€ or other silliness. How would they react if remote unlock or remote hatch release were disabled on their vehicles? I suspect there would be a huge outcry.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Why is this thread so divisive? Itā€™s actually become pretty annoying to try to wade through.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Why is this thread so divisive? Itā€™s actually become pretty annoying to try to wade through.
Yes.

Everyone was deprived of their 100% Kona coffee this morning. That explains a lot. Or is that just me? ;)

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
No. The CarPlay screen takes that prize. A remote opening frunk would be incredibly useful.
for the record, I didn't @-you this one time. I hope you appreciate my restraint. šŸ˜‡šŸ˜‰šŸ˜‚

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I very nearly @-you with the fast charge bit, since you were 100% in mind for that, but I didn't tag Jim on the frunk bit and I didn't want to be unbalanced in my tagging. šŸ˜‚

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Nope, they forgot about you, they are much to busy raining awesome features down on us lucky job 1 folks! I know I'm loving my 'horn and lights'!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.